Author Topic: SPLITTING  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SPLITTING
« on: May 04, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »
OK, I'm reading all this shit and I'm wondering--why didn't more people split????

I got caught the first time but made it the second.

It was in running springs and I walked out in the morning through back country, hiding. I saved up candy bars, money (7 bucks!, layered some clothing. Approached the town from the back country and went into a laundromat with a big window and and ran into a mother of two. I was afraid she's report me so I told her I was deserted on a camping trip w/a friend and my folks were gone.

She asked me where I was from and said "I'm going there in 5 days to a family reunion." So for 5 days I stayed with her and babysat her two kids while she worked and kept my head down in the car and then she drove me home.  She got free babysitting, I got an angel.

When I got home, I think my Dad was sympathetic, was uncomfortable with the place, and my MOM wanted me to go back and I said no way, I'm going to Haight Ashbury (having no idea what that was) to live with my friend and I'm going to school.
My Dad one-upped my mother and I never went back.

The point is, I was the most fragile girl with no balls to runaway but I did it anyway.  CEDU was very motivating in that respect.

What prevented others from doing that?

Also, when you finally got to home visits, why didn't your parents keep you there?  Home visits would have been my next line of exit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Maximus

• View Profile
SPLITTING
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 12:37:00 AM »

Offline former CEDU therapist

• View Profile
SPLITTING
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 10:41:00 AM »
Great questions! Wow you DID have a lot of balls. I was a therapist there (NOT an employee of CEDU!) in the late 90s. Didn't stay long. Do you think we know each other? How long were you there? Who was the worst team leader? I had the most trouble with Brandi, but Russ wasn't a whole lot better. Just a couple of ignorant, mean-spirited, power-hunger smart asses. Gee, do you think I have issues?...

On 2004-05-04 19:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"OK, I'm reading all this shit and I'm wondering--why didn't more people split????

I got caught the first time but made it the second.

It was in running springs and I walked out in the morning through back country, hiding. I saved up candy bars, money (7 bucks!, layered some clothing. Approached the town from the back country and went into a laundromat with a big window and and ran into a mother of two. I was afraid she's report me so I told her I was deserted on a camping trip w/a friend and my folks were gone.

She asked me where I was from and said "I'm going there in 5 days to a family reunion." So for 5 days I stayed with her and babysat her two kids while she worked and kept my head down in the car and then she drove me home.  She got free babysitting, I got an angel.

When I got home, I think my Dad was sympathetic, was uncomfortable with the place, and my MOM wanted me to go back and I said no way, I'm going to Haight Ashbury (having no idea what that was) to live with my friend and I'm going to school.

My Dad one-upped my mother and I never went back.

The point is, I was the most fragile girl with no balls to runaway but I did it anyway.  CEDU was very motivating in that respect.

What prevented others from doing that?

Also, when you finally got to home visits, why didn't your parents keep you there?  Home visits would have been my next line of exit.

"

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
SPLITTING
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »
We weren't associated w/CEDU at the same time. I was there in 1987.

I was hoping for others' sake it would have been better after I left but it sounds like any changes were strictly cosmetic.

Did the allow therapists to sit in the raps?

[ This Message was edited by:  on 2004-08-01 20:10 ]
hanlea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SPLITTING
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »
I was asked to sit in on raps and to Profeets and I refused. I felt it would be unethica. I was not a part of CEDU and my training was, well, pretty much the opposite of what CEDU did.

I remember the name Delia but I don't remember her. I dont' remember the others whom you asked about.

Was Laurie Saunders a therapist? I don't know her.

Working there became hell. I could not go along with their program. This made CEDU unhappy. I'm glad to be out! But I do wonder about my kids. They meant a lot to me and I hated to see them suffer.

On 2004-05-05 08:58:00, shanlea wrote:

"We weren't associated w/CEDU at the same time. I was there in 1987.

I was hoping for others' sake it would have been better after I left but it sounds like any changes were strictly cosmetic.

Did the allow therapists to sit in the raps?

Did you know Delia?

Do you know what happened to Laurie Saunders?"

Offline southern boy

• View Profile
SPLITTING
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 07:25:00 PM »
I was at RMA in 1989-1992 and i split a bunch some times with a friend sometimes alone.  I actually split and lived with some growers and partied in town a lot. I would see staff in Town and talk to them. :eek:  :eek:

Offline gabriellegg

• View Profile
    • http://www.Blackvictory.com
SPLITTING
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 02:09:00 AM »
well I know for me my mother was told BY STAFF to tell me that if I split I was being sent to Provo. This was during the "hot curling iron" years. She told me this.

Needless to say I was not going to go anywhere but once when I did try to go I was "cornered" by Pam and Lori and told I would be "stopped".
quot;To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.\"
--Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SPLITTING
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 02:13:00 AM »
Yah they try and tell kids they will get sent to Ascent and shit even though most parents never agree to pay that much money, BTW when did u go to CEDU, i dont remember any girls running away in my time, but yeah and Russ I hear alot of people have problems with him, but for the most part if you were on his team, you got off easy on shit, easy restrictions, easy full times everything. Well that was 6 months ago at least, i dunno about before that. He always seemed on the verge of snapping :???:

Offline gabriellegg

• View Profile
    • http://www.Blackvictory.com
SPLITTING
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2004, 03:32:00 AM »
I graduated in 89.
I never split...just bolted from a rap only to get cornered in my dorm by Lori and Pam...come to think of it Jill was there too.

Man...it has been a million years since I was there. I never talk about it. It seems to cultish for anyone to understand. I tried some therapy but still have massive anxiety attacks when I think about it.

when were you there?
quot;To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.\"
--Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SPLITTING
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2004, 03:59:00 AM »
like 6 months ago

Offline lookatmenowbitch

• View Profile
SPLITTING
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »
i tried every possible way of getting out other than running...yes i admit i was scared shitless of doing that...so i got sent to places while i was there...never ascent...i dont know why they never thought of that...thank god they didnt... anyways... i went to hospitals and i went on home visits and tried everything i could to get out,...i even went to AA just to leave. i know its pathetic...but i tried.
broken\" children are no more than the remains of the parent who dropped them and carelessly left the peices to cut whoever tried to pick them up.
                 - noelle