Author Topic: Cedu survivor from 82-85 wants feedback from all  (Read 20650 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu survivor from 82-85 wants feedback from all
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »
On 2005-02-08 20:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"yes, is this a trick question? setting me up for a flame mail?  hope not.  We just made the best decision we could for our child.  He has done well."

i'm sure this is what you hear every month before you send those criminals their $6,500.00 check, but i doubt your kid is really doing as well as you think. one day he'll tell this himself, but this won't happend until after he's left Cedu.  until then keep telling yourself that you "made the best decision for you child", however, in the end i think you'll find that Buyers Remorse is a Bitch!!! ::nod::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

"yes, is this a trick question? setting me up for a flame mail?  hope not.  We just made the best decision we could for our child.  He has done well."

Is that you, Mom? As we have discussed at length this year, I don't want you to feel bad...Just to know that those years HURT my future self. I thought we had been over that; I was BRAINWASHED when I said I would have killed myself if you hadn't sent me here.
-blownaway
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »
dear blownawaytheidahoway,

I am a mom of a CEDU son, but no, I'm not your mom.  I'm sure I would be honored to know her, and you too.

I hope you are doing well out of BCA and that you are happy.  I hope you can look back on your years there with some good memories and use the tools you learned towards a happy, productive future.  Take care.  A mom.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2005, 05:10:00 PM »
On 2005-02-09 06:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

i'm sure this is what you hear every month before you send those criminals their $6,500.00 check, but i doubt your kid is really doing as well as you think. one day he'll tell this himself, but this won't happend until after he's left Cedu.  until then keep telling yourself that you "made the best decision for you child", however, in the end i think you'll find that Buyers Remorse is a Bitch!!! ::nod:: "

Like Buying Betamax!

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »
This (the below) is great.
You forgot a few other things though.

The use of highly emotional content to behaviorally anchor feelings about the group

The use of "love bombing" See the book "Snapping"
This is the hugging and music and bonding tools. It is used to reward and to punish. They take it away and they give it when it serves their purpose.

Public shunning and ridicule of individuals who do not conform totally to group beliefs and norms.

Splitting.
You can't win no matter what you do. You can't get out of the circular reasioning process. When you find an irrational situation in the geoup, it is blamed on you - you are considered crazy if you see the sunshine and they don't. Yet, the next day they will talk about the sun and, when you remind them that they said it didn't exist, you are deliberately undermining the group or school and you are comitting treason. The truth is the lie and the lie is the truth.

Disasociation:
All of this brings on a crazy feeling where you are not sure what is up and what is down. You are hypnotized, suggestive and vulnerable to be coerced to any action such as doing injustice to peers.

In-group and Out-group dynamics. The insiders who have done the propheets are considered superior and the general non-cedu public "dont get it"

On 2005-02-08 14:55:00, iknowcedulies wrote:

"What Are Some Characteristics of a Cult?

Authoritarian in their power structure

Totalitarian in their control of the behavior of their members

Pyramidal structure

Uses thought reform techniques

Isolation of members (physical and/or psychological isolation) from society

Uses deception in recruiting and/or fund raising

Promotes dependence of the members on the group

Totalitarian in their world view

Uses mind altering techniques (chanting, meditation, hypnosis and various forms of repetitive actions) to stop normal critical thinking

Appear exclusive and innovative

Charismatic or messianic leader who is self-appointed and has a special mission in life

Controls the flow of information

Instills a fear of leaving the group. (See AFF)

Article:

What messages are behind today's cults? by Philip Zimbardo, Ph. D. from May APA Monitor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

©Copyright by Carol Giambalvo, June 1995 except where noted

Carol Giambalvo

P.O. Box 2180

Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Phone: 386-439-7541  Fax: 386-439-7537

[email protected]

"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »
I am a graduate of CEDU (RMA) in 92. I worked at Hidden Lake Academy in GA in 97-98 under Rudy and Jill Benz.
I knew Buccalatto ( owner of HLA), he is the guy who sent me to RMA and I don't know what I was thinking going to work for him. It didn't work out. All the staff there were dirty control freaks, with no intent of helping kids- they were there to fill the empty tanks that housed their meaningless and massive egos. I've been long gone, and heard Rudy isn't there too. There were sooooo many dirty staff there, Im surprised it's survived this long

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »
I think I know you. Welcome to this good site!

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
To MOM,
I respect your hope and I don't want to shame your decision, but the kids that are posting on this site are right (unless you are a Mormon) who believes you are going to be a God and rule ruthlessly over your assigned planet - like the Staff of CEDU.

I have investigated cults for 35 years and, I am  behavioral scientist who studies social systems such as churches, business environments and schools. I have explored cedu's history and their current system extensively from the outside and from the inside.

My conclusion: CEDU is a dangerous, abusive cult

Your kid MAY survive and be fine. Nevertheless, he is not likely to thank you for this when he reads the research later in his life. This industry is currently being brought to it's knees by a plethora of lawsuits. CEDU Boulder Creek Academy, and the "just closed" Rocky Mountain Academy (Brown Schools) is being sued by 25 families for "child abuse." If that isn't telling enough to scare you and make you question the integrity of CEDU Brown Schools, then the problem is probably with you and not your child.

Offline coco

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2005, 08:38:00 PM »
Dear Mom,

I have a son who recently graduated from BCA.  He did well and does not regret his experience there.  Please Private Message me and we can talk more.

Offline coco

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2005, 08:38:00 PM »
Dear Mom,

I have a son who recently graduated from BCA.  He did well and does not regret his experience there.  Please Private Message me and we can talk more.

Offline iknowcedulies

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »
all you anonymous former victims as either staff or kid  get usernames so you can get private messages.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »
MY BEST ADVICE WOULD BE TO GET THAT KID OUT OF THERE ASAP.  I USED TO WORK THERE WHEN IT OPENED AND BELIEVE ME, NOTHING GOOD CAN COME FROM IT...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »
You worked there?  Me too.  I was there in '94 and '95.  You sound like you could be one of a couple of people.  maybe john?  deanna?
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »
On 2005-02-18 10:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am a graduate of CEDU (RMA) in 92. I worked at Hidden Lake Academy in GA in 97-98 under Rudy and Jill Benz.

I knew Buccalatto ( owner of HLA), he is the guy who sent me to RMA and I don't know what I was thinking going to work for him. It didn't work out. All the staff there were dirty control freaks, with no intent of helping kids- they were there to fill the empty tanks that housed their meaningless and massive egos. I've been long gone, and heard Rudy isn't there too. There were sooooo many dirty staff there, Im surprised it's survived this long"

i'm glad to see your post.  reading it again, it occurred to me you might be patrick.  anyway, i'm not here to guess identities.  we all had a fucked-up time there and i guess it's reassuring to me to hear i wasn't the only one who left with scars.

i did hear from some of "my kids" after i had left (as well as some staff), and some of the things they told me were quite disturbing.

it seems that the staff that remained, in order to protect themselves from what apparently is only being legally dealt with now (10 years later) told incredible lies to the kids and to other staffers who were my friends in order to discredit me and statement i had made about them and the program.

for john lang:  it bothers me to this day that you were told some ugly lies about me.  i have always been hurt and saddened by the situation, and am troubled that i never had a chance to resolve it with you personally.  just for the record: i NEVER, EVER made any disparaging remarks about you or told stories "out of class."  i heard from one of our former kids that you were manipulated by rudy and others into believing i had made certain statements, which i never did.  

i freely admit to torpedo-ing kristen.  she was a no-good cocaine addict with really bad personal problems that she callously got me involved in and i have no regrets about outing her.  

but let me repeat: NEVER did i make any disparaging remarks about you to anyone, staff or student.

well, i feel a little better just saying it, but i hope that someday you may actually read this and understand what happened.  i valued your friendship deeply and hope you are doing well today.

sg
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »
Are you saying that you worked at HLA? Or were you a student at HLA? My curiosity is peaked as to who you are, but I seriously doubt that I know you. I've blocked those horrid days out! I wasn't there long.