Author Topic: Bush: GIs Who Abused Prisoners Should Pay  (Read 5301 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bush: GIs Who Abused Prisoners Should Pay
« on: May 03, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »
Geeeeee George,

So that means it's Okay for you to keep smelly Melly in his position, pump and all even though his Straight Inc. tortured young people right here in the go ole USA??? Since when did you rate Iraqis over your own people?????

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... risoners_3

1 hour, 59 minutes ago  Add White House - AP to My Yahoo!

By RON FOURNIER, AP Political Writer

SOUTH BEND, Ind. - President Bush (news - web sites) urged Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld to make sure that U.S. soldiers are punished for "shameful and appalling acts" committed against some Iraqi prisoners.

AP Photo

Reuters  
 Slideshow: Abuse of Iraq Prisoners Investigated

Latest headlines:  
· Former human rights minister told Bremer about Iraq detainee abuse
AFP - 10 minutes ago  
· Troops Recall Ex-Hostage's Escape in Iraq
AP - 11 minutes ago  
· Bush urges punishment for abusers of Iraqis
AFP - 19 minutes ago  
Special Coverage  

And a Democratic lawmaker criticized the Pentagon (news - web sites) for not moving faster on the allegations of sexual, physical and psychological abuse at a detention facility in Iraq (news - web sites). Lawmakers from both political parties have urged the administration to act quickly as condemnation rises across the world.

Dealing with the international fallout over images of prisoners being mistreated by U.S. forces, Bush called the Pentagon chief before a campaign trip Monday to check on the status of an investigation.

"The president wanted to make sure appropriate action is being taken against those responsible for these shameful and appalling acts," said White House spokesman Scott McClellan.

Rep. Jeff Bingaman, D-N.M., said "officials within the department of defense have known at least since Jan." An internal U.S. Army report completed in February found that Iraqi detainees were subjected to "sadistic, blatant and wanton criminal abuses," according to The New Yorker magazine.

Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a Sunday television interview that he had not yet read the report.

"This is an unacceptable response," Bingaman said Monday. "If he believed that swift action was required, he might have directed those in ... his command ... to get that report to him immediately upon completion and to give him concrete action items."

McClellan did not say what action would be appropriate against anyone found guilty of abuses, but said Bush wants those responsible punished.

"The shameful actions of a few do not represent the 99 percent of our men and women in uniform who are performing superbly," McClellan said.

He contrasted the U.S. abuses, which are being investigated and could lead to criminal charges, with wrongdoing under the former Iraqi leader.

"Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) encouraged and tolerated this kind of behavior ? the U.S. does not," McClellan said.

Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) called the incidents "despicable acts" and said that "my colleagues at the Pentagon have a number of investigations under way."

"It doesn't reflect on all of our troops," he said. Most of our troops are doing a great job upholding the highest standards of the service, doing everything they can to help the Iraqi people. We are there to help, not to hurt."

"The acts of a few must not overwhelm" the goodness of the vast majority of servicemen and women, Powell said.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 12:40:00 AM »
Yeah, its a crock. Its politically expedient.

I severely doubt anyone in the GOP actually knows wtf goes on, they just don't believe the accusations and do their paid promo thing like good puppets do.

But yes, I really am mad that those prisioners didn't suffer anything compared to what our own kids do, for a FRACTION of the time many of them do, and the whole fucking world gets mad. An american kid? puh-leeze.

And while I'm on my soapbox, the middle east is real fucking hypocritical. They do that shit and worse to their prisioners every day!
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »
two wrongs never make a right, sounds kindergarden but who is the real hypocrite

weren't the Americans the ones who were "supposed to be above that sick behavior?"

If we are just as bad then what are we doing there?

I am ashamed for America to be outed to the world as that cruel and sociopathical.

My heat is sad thinking of the state of the world after this. We cannot even live the illusion of morals and values.

I don't want to hear "isolated incident"

we are survivors of straight, look at this situation with the eyes of people who know what happens when the wrong person gets a little power.

:cry:  :sad:

The right of self-defense is the first law of nature; in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest possible limits. ... and [when] the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.
-- St. George Tucker, Judge of the Virginia Supreme Court 1803

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »
Like it or not, the soldiers we idiots to take photos. I guarentee you that any American prisoner held by Iraqies would go far beyond humiliation.
You should see what Iraqie prisoners do to eachother....it goes far beyond what happens in our prisons.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »
and that justifies it?  Maybe you should apply for a staff position at one of the behavior mod schools in the US.  I'm CEDU, et al would take you in a virgil miller newton minute.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »
Its called realities of war dumbass, there are no rules. Has nothing to do with Straight cedu or others. That happened a long time ago get over it

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »
On 2004-05-04 09:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Like it or not, the soldiers we idiots to take photos.

Idiots? Are you sure? Or might it just be that they never got a clue from anyone around them that what they were doing wasn't just fine and normal?

In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws.  But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
--Martin Luther King

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 01:09:00 AM »
On 2004-05-04 10:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Its called realities of war dumbass, there are no rules. Has nothing to do with Straight cedu or others. That happened a long time ago get over it

"

There ARE Rules! AND the very same people in power who protect the Sembler's and the Newton's will allow this to slide with a slap on the wrist. The Bush's and all their cronies have everything to do with Straight. As long politicians who protect and appoint people like Sembler and others I will Not get over it. Until the last one has dropped out of power or has been torn down. The very problem that existed and continues to exist in our political hierarchy and with those in power that allowed atrocities to occur in straight and other faciilities are the same people who are crying isolated incident. How can you be this ignorant?

Offline The One and Only Anonymou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 05:55:00 PM »
its great to see so much commerce and money being made over abuse.  It makes the world go round.  You know it does.  It does.  It still does.  Right now it does too.  Here again, it does.  Again with the making of the commerce and drama and fat wads of cash by subjecting others to power mongering.  Here it happened again.  And again.  Somewhere, just now, someone was perped against.  And again.  I want some of this action.  Give me some of that money.  Oh.  Hey.  It just happened again, and it might make it to the news this time, and the person who did it will be a hero somehow.

And again.

And again.

And again.

It never ends.

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »
They knew it was fucking wrong. You gonna tell me that if you were in the millitary and taking care of POWs (Thats what guards in jails and prisons are there for to TAKE CARE of and KEEP SAFE and SECURE prisoners...not to PUNISH)
you wouldnt familiarize yourself with the Geneva Convention rules and regs?
 Hell even I know that shit is illegal and Ive never been anywhere near the millitary..

Its just wrong on so many levels..
Entire, complete serenity
Injected intravenously
Transgression euphoric bliss divine
Initiate a timeless stain of mind
Blood will steralize, In fire baptised

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/ytown

This is pretty interesting about the stanford experiment. It talks about how people can get sucked into playing certain roles and how important being able to disagree is. How taking away a person's individuality can keep them under control. This sounds familiar to me...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2004, 01:24:00 AM »
On 2004-05-04 09:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Like it or not, the soldiers we idiots to take photos. I guarentee you that any American prisoner held by Iraqies would go far beyond humiliation.

You should see what Iraqie prisoners do to eachother....it goes far beyond what happens in our prisons."

Can you offer me any accusations by captives/hostages recently released by the Iraqi's which indicate any type of torture... I don't believe there have been any reported. Period.

Unless you can base this statement on some fact you are only making yourself look extremely ignorant.

What Iraqi prisoners do to each other...??
What on earth does that have to do with U.S. Citizens raping, torturing, murdering humiliating, women and men, violating the geneva convention, casting aside all morals and regard for human life all in the name of FUCKING LIBERATION and a FIGHT for HUMAN RIGHTS YOU IDIOT!  You and all those who think like that are responsible for what is happening now and for our government not being held accountable for their greed and hatred.  To hell with you. What if it were your sister "having sex" (RAPED) by military police, your brother being murdered, your mother or your father in a naked human pyramid being sodomized (RAPED) with chemical lights, your grandfather beaten to death while in jail after being arrested for a fist fight or an accusation of theft or carjacking? Are you for real? Do you hate Arabs? What on earth is wrong with you? Are you just a racist?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »
On 2004-05-03 21:40:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"Yeah, its a crock. Its politically expedient.

I severely doubt anyone in the GOP actually knows wtf goes on, they just don't believe the accusations and do their paid promo thing like good puppets do.

But yes, I really am mad that those prisioners didn't suffer anything compared to what our own kids do, for a FRACTION of the time many of them do, and the whole fucking world gets mad. An american kid? puh-leeze.

And while I'm on my soapbox, the middle east is real fucking hypocritical. They do that shit and worse to their prisioners every day!"

The "Middle East". Boy that's just a plain stupid ignorant generalization now isn't it.

And what was it that our Kids have suffered? And on what grounds should they even be there in the first place?

The only hypocritical thing going on is our government claiming this is in the name of
- fighting terrorism (how does this make us safer?)
-liberation (this is an occupation)
-human rights (Rape, Sodomy, Torture, Humiliation, MURDER)

The Iraqi's have never claimed to be fighting to liberate anyone or fight for human rights. What the hell are you even talking about?

These news flashes haven't even been initially based on "Iraqi claims of abuse." They are based on hard evidence in photo's and videos and testimonies of other US service men who were appalled by what they saw and knew unlike you, how horrendous all that is taking place is.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2004, 01:35:00 AM »
On 2004-05-03 21:40:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"Yeah, its a crock. Its politically expedient.

And while I'm on my soapbox, the middle east is real fucking hypocritical. They do that shit and worse to their prisioners every day!"

Hmmm. According to Pentagon Sources and High Officials the reports in the newspaper have indicated that the tactics used are only to be used if approved by Senior Pentagon Officials and Rumsfield. Yes the Defense Secretery. Try doing a little basic reading before you start rambling about what's happening. Do you really believe this order was just blatantly ignored and the GOP knew nothing? Haven't you read that the White House had been warned by the Red Cross, I think Amnesty International as well as others repeatedly? Pull your head from your ass.