Author Topic: Handout for July 18 protests  (Read 10541 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Handout for July 18 protests
« on: July 05, 2002, 11:39:00 AM »
13 days left before the national protest. We need to pick some material to print out for handouts.

I think Wes' press release pretty well says it all.

Oakton Institute Press Release

Wadaya all think?

Anonymity Anonymous

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2002-07-05 14:18 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2002, 01:17:00 PM »
I agree! But I'd also like to add something to one point he makes:

?We are not protesting the court decision per se,? said Wesley Fager, a principal organizer of the DC protests.   ?Our complaint is that the judges? decision was greatly influenced by Straight (DFAF) and people associated with it through an Amicus Curie brief they filed with the court.?
I'd like to add..."This is pure conflict of interest.  The very companies that profit from drug testing should NOT be allowed to have ANY influence over drug policy, especially policy concerning drug TESTING!!"

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2002, 05:14:00 PM »
Ok, go look now and tell me what you think.

(this is the press release, it'll be the basis for the main handout flyer. We're working on suplimentary material to give to folks who show an interest and ask for more info)

Offline Joe Uehlein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2002, 10:51:00 PM »
I think the press release is "light" in at least one area - when you say that kids can't even call their mother or father after intake.  Well, that's true, but that is also common in other rehab programs - no family contact for one month might be acceptable.  At SAFE, there is no family contact until the child progresses to phase two, which technically they tell you can happen in something like 45 days, but in reality very few if any kid has ever made it in that time.  I know families with kids that were on phase one for six months, 12 months, 18 months!  that is criminal, and therapeutically undsound - to not allow a child to have family contact for that long.  We pulle dour son Julius after six months - he was still on phase one.  he knows the 12 steps cold, the tools for personal change, and a whole lot more - he should have progressed to phase two, I think.  it makes you wonder wheter the real croteria for making phase two, where family contact is allowed, is that you are brainwashed?!

Offline aka carrie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 02:06:00 AM »
Okay guys, I finally figured out how to get here and I am going on Fri and possibly Sat, How do I make a protest sign and what should it say? Any Suggestions......Carrie

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 07:40:00 PM »
On 2002-07-09 19:51:00, Joe Uehlein wrote:
We pulled our son Julius after six months - he was still on phase one.  he knows the 12 steps cold, the tools for personal change, and a whole lot more - he should have progressed to phase two, I think.  it makes you wonder wheter the real croteria for making phase two, where family contact is allowed, is that you are brainwashed?!

Yeay!!!! Joe, that's so good to hear!

Yes, the criteria is that both parents and kid are sufficiently brainwashed to enforce the Program on eachother outside of direct surveilance (except, of course, the requisite fosters and newcomers)

You have to believe in your heart that any criticism of the program is just manipulation and the kid has to know in his heart that you believe it.

You son's a lucky kid. Many of us dreamed about having parents like you.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2002, 09:57:00 PM »
On 2002-07-09 23:06:00, aka carrie wrote:
Okay guys, I finally figured out how to get here and I am going on Fri and possibly Sat, How do I make a protest sign and what should it say? Any Suggestions......Carrie
I made a slew of em for the last protest. unSAFE, Stop child abuse, Child Abuse is not the Answer,fuck you you assholes(just kidding) NOT MY KID, MOM, DAD IM COMING HOME RIGHT NOW! GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!

Use your imagination, and Carrie, I WILL BE THERE! Go ahead and get excited.
Greg

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2002, 12:37:00 PM »
Hey,

Is anyone from the FL area going to D.C.?  I'd love to catch a ride with someone if that's possible.

Kim