Author Topic: Petition to close the abusive Provo Canyon School is gaining  (Read 50604 times)

Offline darkhunterhope

• View Profile
Petition to close the abusive Provo Canyon School is gaining
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »
On 2004-06-16 10:31:00, Deborah wrote:

Many who own programs are Mormon.

The folks who license the programs are Mormon.

Some of the most powerful political officials are Mormon.

A; we should all know that politics is made up of lying and corrupt individuals.
B; Of course many who own prgrams in Utah are Mormon, Utah has the largest community of Mormons! Duh! Common sense, please, I mean you could say that most programs in california are owned by Christians, but California has such a wide culture of different religions and such that this would not be true. To where Utah is almost all Mormons. So with anything to do with Utha, of course a whole lot of the people are going to be Mormon. Just use common sense. Just because someone is Mormon does not make them bad people or make them make the wrong decision. Everyone has to make every decision in life for themselves. I don't care what religion or whatever, everyone makes they're own choices.

END :exclaim:  :exclaim:  :exclaim:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
o be able to look back upon one\'s past life with satisfaction is to live twice.

-  Marcus Valerius Martial

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »
Back to the petition. How is an online petition submitted?  Has anyone ever seen anything happen as a result?

Offline darkhunterhope

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »
On 2004-06-16 12:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Back to the petition. How is an online petition submitted?  Has anyone ever seen anything happen as a result?"

They got the "Angel" tevelision show back on the tube for the final 5 episodes after an online petition, so yea, anything can happen, just depends on who you get it to and whether they take you seriously or not. Good question.
o be able to look back upon one\'s past life with satisfaction is to live twice.

-  Marcus Valerius Martial

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2004, 01:43:00 AM »
THIS WAS ON THE PETITION TO CLOSE PROVO CANYON SCHOOL. MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP THIS MAN

My Grand Daughter was sent to a place called Casa by the sea in Mexico by her parents.  I'm currently trying to get her home.  This boot camp is run by World Wide Association of Specialty Programs.  I need help!  I would appreciate anything or any information that could help get this ugly organization put out of business. Contact: [email protected]
JOHNNIE WILLIAMS

HE WANTS HELP Y-ALL

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2004, 04:21:00 AM »
Call child protective services to report abuse in the Provo area (there are about 10 facilities)
801- 374-7005

Please call Provo Child Protective Services and report your abuse and the abuse you witnessed. Give the names of those who have been injured, kicked, beaten, sexually assaulted, punished with isolation and seclusion for more than four hours, forced druggings and denial of proper medical care. These are all violations of law. Torture is not therapy - and they do not have a right to abuse you. You may not become aware of this until later because of what they tell you. Don't let them brainwash you. I know they have a great song and dance for the parents and many are totally sucked in to the PROGRAM - which in reality is a REPROGRAMING of your mind and values using extremely abusive methods of conditioning and warped behavior modification to meet that end.
If you are a parent - realize that they are very good at getting parents to accept all the wonderful things they are doing. As long as you have money they will continue to tell you that your child is not ready - they only want your money. How much are they charging? $8,000 per month - $10,000 per month - This school makes about 2 million dollars per month off of all of you. You are paying them to punish your child in most outrageous ways. It's desparate parent like you all who keep this abusive industry alive and thriving. At least revoke your consent for chemical and physical restraints and isolation - because these tools of the trade can KILL YOUR CHILD.
Students and Former Students - please report the abuse you experienced and witnessed to the authorities. Your parents have been programed not to believe you. They are warned in letters and at parent support groups that many of you will say and do anything to get released. Others will believe yoy. The abuses of staff must be exposed.

As your attorney, it is my duty to inform you that it is not important that you understand what I'm doing or why you're paying me so much money.  What's important is that you continue to do so.
--Hunter S. Thompson's Samoan Attorney

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »
If you'd like to view the petition it can be found at:
http://www.beyondbusiness.net/closepcs.htm
The signatures can be viewed at:
http://www.heal-online.org/sign.htm
There are close to 300. You can collect signatures, comments and e-mail addresses and post them on the on-line petition. The comments are quiet interesting.

The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get elected.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0380768089/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Will Rogers, American humorist, political commentator and cowboy philosopher

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2004, 05:47:00 PM »
My sister was sent to Provo last year and was injured and traumatized. It's an abusive program with lots of punishments instead of treatment.  They shouldn't take kids with depression because they only make it worse. It should be shut down for torture.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2004, 03:18:00 AM »
I had some trouble signing the petition. Is something wrong?

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »
It's reported that Mary Kate Olsen from the Olsen twins is at facility that is located directly across the street from Provo Canyon School's Orem campus.  These reporters need to look across the street for a real story - a story that involves abuse and torture of children as young as 12 years old - all in the name of treatment.  Hopefully the techniques used at Cirque Lodge are different than those employed across the street.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it.  That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.
-- In the August 1993 issue, page 9, of PS magazine, the Army's magazine of preventive maintenance

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2004, 01:52:00 AM »
I witnessed abuse in the extreme while at Provo Canyon School. It was truly a terrible experience. It should be shut down. I have signed this petition and hope that it will work.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 07, 2004, 11:38:00 PM »
This was taken from the petition to close Provo Canyon School....

There was emotional and mental abuse. Using isolation and seclusion and staring at a wall is mental abuse. I also experienced physcial abuse when staff violently restrained me while forcing a mind altering drug into my body against my will. They then left me in a comatose state without getting me any medical attention or monitoring me. This was also abuse. Did anyone else see any of this? I also saw a girl, who had a broken nose after a human take down - as staff pushed her face into the floor. For some reason she now thinks PCS helped her. I guess I didn't stay long enough or drink enough Kool Aid to feel that they helped me in any way whatsoever. It was the most abusive experience I've had in my entire life. Did anyone else see any of this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2004, 01:09:00 AM »
You are not alone, there have been hundreds of reports of abuse there.  It has a notorious reputation as a "last resort" type of program. All are treated the same regardless of whether they are a rape victim or a drug dealer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »
How many signatures will it take before this is presented to the authorities? I looked at the petition and there are almost 300 signatures.  When will this be given to the authorities?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »
i lived through the hell. i still have nightmares about it, 6 years later... no child should ever be enslaved in that.

This was taken from the petition to close Provo Canyon School....Nearly 300 signatures so far

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2004, 10:42:00 PM »
provo had a deal with cascade head michael allgood where he would send them kids and they would torture them so they would want to go back to cascade he sits on the board of these emotional growth newsletters with lon woodbury. there is a big network where they are all cover up for each other. they just say that the kid is lying and they deal with it all the time.