Author Topic: Petition to close the abusive Provo Canyon School is gaining  (Read 51480 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Petition to close the abusive Provo Canyon School is gaining
« Reply #375 on: November 08, 2005, 12:57:00 AM »
Heard the petition will be turned in when it reaches 1000 signatures. That may take another year at this rate....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 08, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »
I know for a fact that many things that happen at PCS are against the law.  

Indeed, the program is malnevolent and non-theraputic.  The staff are uneducated (no college degree required!).  

One of the biggest problems is that the program misrepresents itself.  My mother told me this, so in order to do some investigating myself, I once called there, posing as a parent, wanting information.

I asked (the PCS rep) questions about the program itself, it's penal system, and the qualifications of the staff, the answers he gave me were manipulative and sketchy.  When I asked for clarification, and posed further questions, he became downright evasive and defensive!

Any questions, email me anytime.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 17, 2005, 01:29:00 AM »
Have I mentioned that I have *never felt so degraded in my life*, as I was at Provo Canyon School?  That place is so unhealthy!  And remember that sick heirarchy of staff, and higher-level to lower-level kids?  

That place can say they have changed, all they want.  The fact is they are still using the same program, implemented by the same uneducated staff.  I can say, both as a former student, and as a registered nurse, that place is not healthy, positive, or theraputic.  In fact, I would bet my profesional license on it.
egan Flynn
RN

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 28, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »
i was sent there twice. it didn't help even though the whole time i was there i thought it would.  I watched one kid get punched in the back of the head with his face in the snow 6 times just for throwing a snowball at a staff.  I know what goes on there i want to expose it.  The staff's name was Koli Palu.  When my dad called Allen Springer he didn't even know about the incident (or at least to have claimed not to) Fuck that place.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 29, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
hey i happen 2 come across ur message on whatever website it was and i kno u posted it like a year ago and not that u care, but i do, i went to provo canyon school, and it was the worst months of my life, it was a joke, they were abusive, hit, thrown 2 the ground, slapped, if u act up at all, u r put in a room where u sit in a desk all day, eat ur food in a tray on the floor, couldnt sit in the desk cuz u didnt earn it, dont talk 2 anyone, only get up to sharpen ur pencil, but since u could only ask one question an hour, it was hard 2 deccide if i wanted 2 sharpen my pencil, get a drink, or go 2 the bathroom. and that is what u did all day sit in a desk, it needs 2 b shut down, there iz no care for n e one, for 13 months that i was there almost everyday death would have been a better choice then 2 wake up one more day in hell.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 03, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »
from #610 on petition to close pcs

Provo Canyon School needs to be shut down, the staff were abusive, fowl, inapproriate, there is no recovery or care, it was rare to talk to someone who liked PCS, the first words i hered when i got there were "Welcome to hell", said a patient. Shut it down and save time and lives that dont need to be subject to such harsh conditions, and let the kids get the care they need and deserve.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 03, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »

On 2005-12-03 18:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"from #610 on petition to close pcs

Provo Canyon School needs to be shut down, the staff were abusive, fowl, inapproriate,

The staff are inappropriate because they are not professionaly trained- they are not even required to have been to college.
egan Flynn
RN

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 03, 2005, 11:25:00 PM »
I recently heard that there was a boy at PCS, who raped other boys, on more than one occassion.  (I knew of this boy, he was huge, just like a football player.  He was at PCS for like 3 years). I heard this from a source who witnessed it firsthand.  I may be able to get him to sit down in front of the computer and attest to this.
egan Flynn
RN

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 06, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »
I met my best friend of 12 years at PCS.  He was on the boys campus and told us of this sexual abuse.  This boy was caught, but not removed from PCS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 07, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »
Something DEMONIC "created" those Bast*rd* that ran & run that "Pit of Torture & Manipulation" YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ! I can only wish upon you hell-like "unforgiving" agony, Pain & Suffering. "AN EYE FOR AN EYE" I'd gladly meet any of you that worked there while I was at the "concentration Camp" (PCS), at ANY TIME for a long-awaited "REVENGE-RUN" ! Don't underestimate me,  I'm not 16 yrs old anymore & I have a VICIOUS HATRED for all of you! B U R N  !!!

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 09, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »
The best revenge is to just get educated, and you will see how pathetic they really are.  The more education and the more life experience you get, the more you see just how dysfunctional and inappropriate PCS+ their staff are.
egan Flynn
RN

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 14, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »
I once planned an escape from the Provo Canyon
School's 'orientation' unit, for which I was beaten, stripped and locked in the 'prescription room' for 3 days.  This was a closet painted bright white with huge sunlamps in a cage in the ceiling.  I eventually turned red all over my body and my eyes swelled shut, after which I began suffering agonizing hallucinations which torture me to this day.  4 months after my experience a riot took place in the orientation unit and some boys escaped, the ACLU tried to shut the place down then, but the power of the mormon church kept it alive.  During the immediate aftermath of the breakout I was made to shred documents for 8 hours a day for weeks prior to my release.  I had no idea until now that this fight continues, but anything I can do to help I certainly will.  These people scarred me for life!

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 15, 2006, 01:01:00 AM »
I knew a girl at PCS- she spent the better part of 9 months in an "observation" room.  When she came out, she was bloated, and her skin was pasty and jaundice.  

To this day, I remember how she looked, and I have never seen anything quite like it.  And I work in a hospital.
egan Flynn
RN

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 15, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »
That's horrible. Have you ever reported any of this to the authorities in Utah? It seems like Provo Canyon School is a lot like the WWASP programs. At Tranquility Bay the administrator actually boasted that the longest a girl had been in observation "on her face" was 18 months. That's absolutely horrible to loose 9 months of life in such a way. How can they justify doing something like that in the name of therapy?

It (the Bible) is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 16, 2006, 12:06:00 AM »
I have never made a formal report, nor notified the authorities about Provo Canyon School.  This is because by the time I woke up and realized what had happened, it had been several years since I had left, and I think the statute of limitations was over.

I have written informal reports on the internet.  I make sure that my name and email address are available, and I am willing to testify in court, or wherever I may be needed.
egan Flynn
RN