Author Topic: Are Nazi's now Holocost survivors too??? Ex Staff stop comp  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Are Nazi's now Holocost survivors too??? Ex Staff stop comp
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »
fuck all the ex staff, there i didnt hear them preaching about all the abuse and shady shit goin on when i was there
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »
I attended CEDU over a decade ago.  I never talked about my experiences at CEDU to anyone until I found this site.

For me, it is vindication of what I've always believed.  And part of the closure is hearing ex-staff validate this experience as unhealthy/abusive etc.  So, thanks for posting even when you get a lot of crap.

[ This Message was edited by:  on 2004-08-01 20:29 ]
hanlea

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 01:32:00 AM »
On 2004-06-13 19:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"fuck all the ex staff, there i didnt hear them preaching about all the abuse and shady shit goin on when i was there"

i understand this...
it's like, none of the staff had the courage to stand up to the system, instead, they'd just leave... i mean, i knew one staff member who'd actually be honest with me about how much he hated the place and how he stuck around to keep us, his buddies, sane.  and thank god for that... i wish nothing but the best for that man, he seriously helped me out soooooo much... just by being there for me when i felt like i couldn't take it anymore; resistance is very tiring, and it's very helpful to have a staff member encourage you to keep fighting and stay strong.

anyway, i understand both sides of this argument, and i agree that
1) staff members, even when were the subject of other staff members aggression (one of my staff friends said that he was hated on very badly for being gay by matt russell) were always permitted to stand their ground and/or leave.  it all comes down to why they stayed at the skool; was it to help prevent us from "offing" ourselves, or was it because they needed the job?  those are 2 reasons to stay silent... one noble, one not so noble.  i can definitely respect those who stayed there so that they could help us out, like the guy i mentioned above, and in that case, i appreciate your silence because you would've gotten fired otherwise, and your dependents would've been struck.  it's always helpful to try to fight back tho... especially in front of the students (that would be very motivational to them.. perhaps it would inspire them to fight their fear and take action of their own.  and imagine what could happen if even half the skool's population joined together to fight the system.. they'd be unstopable.)

2) when you exaggerate, you make yourself, and your point, look very bad.  that's the one thing i hate around here... all of you have powerful, valid emotions backed by great stories to share.  when you make analogies like this (to the holocaust,) you do lose credibility because you let the reader know that you're very dramatic, and thus, your whole story could be overdramatized; following this line of thinking, one might be lead to believe that cedu might actually be the fun-loving environment that they claim for it to be, except you've misconstrued it in your head to be a bad place for whatever reason (in actuality, this is probably not true, but can you see how somebody could think that you're totally skewed and use your statements against you because you'd say something like that?)
when you say stuff like you want certain staff members to die grusome deaths, you make yourself sound very irrational, and again, de-validate anything important you may have to say.
please, guys and gals, be more cautious about the way you werd things.. you all have very valid things to say; you don't need to exaggerate to make your point... your points are good enough the way they are, just be articulate!  remember how sneaky the staff at cedu can be, and how they can train parents to hold these things against you (my mom told me that the staff members told her that the skool recognizes that i'm exaggerating when i'm talking about my parents, and so, my parents shouldn't believe what i say about the skool, because they should know how all of us kids exaggerate...  how manipulative!  i know that i don't need to exaggerate (i just need to articulate) and that's such an unfair and manipulative generalization!  but anyway, the more exaggerations these parents see, the less likely they are to believe you... cedu even trains them to do this.)

anonymous poster who was talking about quitting cedu to help parents be good parents... big ups to ya.  that's my new mission, which will ideally get skools like cedu shut down.  please hit me up if you get this... i'd love to talk to you.

RIP[ This Message was edited by: mikehunt on 2004-06-13 22:49 ]
aura solomon

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 01:45:00 AM »
and yes, i have to second what shanlea said... i never had any idea that there were other staff members (aside from the one) who felt the same way we did about the skool.  preach on, brothers and  sisters; as spiteful as these kids may be, there are a lot of us who appreciate your honesty more than you could ever imagine!  honestly, it's validated my feelings a lot.. there are times when i was actually beginning to think that i was just being a dramatic, rebellious student, (these insane posts from other kids make me feel this way) but hearing all this stuff from staff is incredible, and relieves my brainwashed inclination to doubt myself and my perceptions.
aura solomon

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2004, 12:06:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Hell on Wheels on 2004-07-11 00:03 ]