Author Topic: what makes Bush so qualified  (Read 3724 times)

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
what makes Bush so qualified
« on: April 15, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »
President George Bush

Ran for congress and lost.

Produced a Hollywood Slasher B movie.

Bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas, company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

Bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using tax-payer money. Biggest move: traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox.

wWith fathers help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.

Accomplishments: changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the union.

Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog-ridden city in America.

Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money.

Set record for most executions by any governor in American history.

Became President after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

Accomplishments as President:

Attacked and took over two countries.

Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.

Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.

Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.

Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.

Signed more laws and executive orders circumventing the Constitution than any president in US history.

Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.  :exclaim:

Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.  :skull:

Had more states to simultaneously go bankrupt than any president in the history of the United States.  :evil:  :sad:

Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.

Withdrew from the World Court of Law.

The optimist thinks that this is the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist knows it.
--  J. Robert Oppenheimer

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »
Rendered the United Nations irrelevant, for that I applaude Him!!!!!! Ask any Vet who served under a UN flag what they think of that one. Bush has made several mistakes but you list is skewed at best, one man in office cannot accomplish all that single hadedly be it Bush, Clinton, Regan, Carter , Ford , Nixon, LBJ
I know ya hate Bush there is not a lot to like about him I agree. That being said I think you need to look at both sides of the isle and pass the Blame around evenly especially to the incumbants on capitol hill.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »
Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.  

A student burst into his office.  "Professor Stigler, I don't believe I deserve this F you've given me."  To which Stigler replied, "I agree, but unfortunately it is the lowest grade the University will allow me to award."
--Professor Stigler

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »
Bullshit, congress did that he had the option of line item Veto where he faild again see my first reply[ This Message was edited by: thepatriot on 2004-04-15 12:45 ]
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »
Join the Hundreds of Millions of Un-Represented Citizens of the United States in calling for the immediate impeachment and removal from office of George W. Bush.

WE THE UNDERSIGNED BELIEVE THAT:
1) George W. Bush was not elected lawfully to the office of the presidency, having been put in place by the Supreme Court in a matter over which they had no authority.References

2) George W. Bush did knowingly and illegally prevent the action of the FBI in the prevention of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon.
3) George W. Bush and Dick Cheney did conspire with Oil Industry Companies to commit fraud and price-fixing against the people of California.References

4) George W. Bush's familial involvement and personal interest in BCCI and the Carlyle Group amount to High Treason against the People of the United States of America for supporting a group which has supported terrorism against the United States.References

5) George W. Bush's government has wilfully and knowingly denied the Constitutionally Guaranteed Rights of American Citizen Jose Padilla by denying him due process of law and holding him without cause.References

6) George W. Bush's government has wilfully and knowingly started a war with two nations without cause, killing thousands of people and hundreds of Americans with primarily his own Economic Interests as motivation, constituting high treason against AmericaReferences

All penalties for drug users should be dropped...Making drug abuse a crime is useless and even dangerous...Every year we seize more and more drugs but the quantity available still increases...Police are losing the drug battle worldwide.

--Raymond Kendall ~ Secretary General of Interpol 1994

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »
UN represented???? speak for yourself Hun, I for one am NOT nor will I ever be represented by a one world government again see my first reply
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »
On 2004-04-15 12:37:00, thepatriot wrote:

"Rendered the United Nations irrelevant, for that I applaude Him!!!!!! Ask any Vet who served under a UN flag what they think of that one. Bush has made several mistakes but you list is skewed at best, one man in office cannot accomplish all that single hadedly be it Bush, Clinton, Regan, Carter , Ford , Nixon, LBJ

I know ya hate Bush there is not a lot to like about him I agree. That being said I think you need to look at both sides of the isle and pass the Blame around evenly especially to the incumbants on capitol hill."

Again, pass the blame around they are all guilty, I just ponder the thought of where we would be had Mr Gore wone the election, oh excuse me Bush took it, well if idiots in Florida would learn how to punch a voting ballot then we would know who the real winner was. And oh by the way, check your ecoonomic history the economy was on a down slide the last eight months of the Clinton administration[ This Message was edited by: thepatriot on 2004-04-15 12:56 ]
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 06:55:00 PM »
122 million tax-paying Americans won't pay any federal tax at all this year, thanks to tax cuts.  Score 1 BUSH

Second, those of us with children saw our child tax credit increase from $600.00 to $1,000 per child this year enabling us to better meet the needs and wants of our own family, not Uncle Sam.

Works for me!!

:wave:

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 12:18:00 AM »
"Everyone knows that the tax cuts are tilted towards the heavily wealthy." said Robert S. McIntrye, Director of the citizens for Tax Justice. " we also need to keep in mind that the rest of us will pay dearly for those upper income tax cuts, as we confront our share of the giant debt Bush is building up."

"Over six years, Bush's polices will add $87 billion to our debt burden every 51 days!" McIntryre noted."For all but the richest Americans that enormous added burden will but dwarf any paltry tax cuts they'll receive."

Current projections from the Congressional Budget Office show that President Bush's tax and economic policies will impose and average of just over $13,000 in additional debt on each man, woman and child in America--or more than $52,000 in added debt per family of four.

Even after subtracting the savings from the presidents tax cuts the net burden of Bush's policies over six years will average $9,456 per person and 37,826 per family of four nationwide.  

[1971 - 2001] the darkest chapter in Federal law enforcement history.
http://www.house.gov/reform/press/02.01.07.htm' target='_new'>Committee on Government Reform

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »
12/05/02

Class Warfare and the Nanny State: John Kerry Wakes the Ghosts of the 1970's

Launching his presidential campaign, Massachusetts senator trashes President Bush's tax cuts and proposes a grab bag of pork and state interventionism

WASHINGTON - In his first speech on economic policy since forming a presidential exploratory committee, Senator John Kerry (D-MA) took aim at President Bush's signature tax cut package and proposed his own collection of economic initiatives.

The contrast between the two packages could not be more striking - while the Bush plan cut income tax rates across the board and eliminated such hated and discriminatory taxes as the Death Tax and the Marriage Penalty, Kerry would repeal those tax cuts and instead transfer wealth to targeted interest groups such as organized labor and environmentalists. And he would repeal the Bush tax cuts to "pay for" temporary payroll tax reductions, which are sure to disappear soon after they have served their purpose on election day.

"Kerry's speech takes me back to the days of gas lines and stagflation," said taxpayer advocate Grover Norquist, President of Americans for Tax Reform. "Rather than reducing the burdens of government and freeing the spirit of innovation, Kerry's proposals enshrine those burdens and add to them. Far from spurring growth, his package of tax and spending measures is nothing but a payoff to his friends on the left."

Senator Kerry's proposals include replacing Bush's tax cuts with a temporary "payroll tax holiday," extending unemployment insurance benefits and increasing the minimum wage, introducing job creation tax credits, and pouring money into environmental research.

"John Kerry seems to delight in moving money around.

:scared:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 06:41:00 AM »
A Kerry ad has Bush saying that sending jobs overseas "makes sense." But Bush didn't say that.

The quote is actually from Bush's Council of Economic Advisers. The Kerry campaign claims Bush signed the report containing those words, but that's wrong, too.

Some Bush administration officials do indeed defend the practice of contracting for white-collar services overseas as one aspect of free trade, which they say creates jobs in the US.  Textbook economics supports that notion. But the Kerry ad goes too far when it makes the President seem to be rooting for the loss of US jobs using words he never used.

Analysis

A Kerry ad released April 1 states that "George Bush says sending jobs overseas 'makes sense' for America." That politically clumsy remark was actually written by the President's economists, however. Bush himself never said it. The Kerry campaign went over the line in attributing the words falsely to Bush himself.

Kerry for President Ad

"10 Million Jobs"

Announcer: While jobs are leaving our country in record numbers, George Bush says sending jobs overseas ?makes sense? for America. His top economic advisors say ?moving American jobs to low cost countries? is a plus for the U.S.

John Kerry's proposed a different economic plan that encourages companies to keep jobs here. It's part of a ?detailed economic agenda? to create 10 million jobs. John Kerry. A new direction for America.

Kerry: I'm John Kerry and I approved this message.

In a news release defending the ad, the Kerry campaign claims that the report in which the words appear was "signed by President Bush." But that's also false.

Actually, what Bush signed was The Economic Report of the President, which occupies only the first few pages of a 412-page volume that also contains the Annual Report of the Council of Economic Advisers , a separate document signed by the three members of the council, not by the President.

The President's signature appears on page 4, at the end of his economic report. The passage to which the Kerry ad refers appears  on page 25, in the midst of the report by the President's economists. In that passage they argue that free trade benefits the nation as a whole even when it includes "outsourcing" of white-collar jobs overseas:

CEA: Outsourcing of professional services is a prominent example of a new type of trade. The gains from trade that take place over the Internet or telephone lines are no different than the gains from trade in physical goods transported by ship or plane.When a good or service is produced at lower cost in another country, it makes sense to import it rather than to produce it domestically. This allows the United States to devote its resources to more productive purposes.

That's standard economic theory, of the sort that can be found in any freshman-level economics text. And in fact, several such textbooks  have been written by none other than Council of Economic Advisers chairman Gregory Mankiw, an economist on leave from Harvard University. Mankiw's words may be good economics, but they are also bad politics, especially at a time when unemployment remains at 5.7% of the workforce.

The Kerry ad also quoted the President's "top economic advisers" as saying that moving jobs to low-cost countries is a plus for the U.S. But what the White House and the President's advisers are actually saying is that trade is a plus, which is different.

The Kerry news release says that part of the ad refers to something Treasury Secretary John Snow said in an interview with the Cincinnati Enquirer on March 30. The ad makes it sound as though Snow and other advisers are rooting for Americans to lose jobs, but of course they didn't put it that way at all. What Snow actually said was that trade makes business more efficient, benefiting the entire economy.

The Enquirer interviewer said he asked Snow if outsourcing made the economy stronger, and got this response:

Snow:  "It's part of trade. . . It's one aspect of trade, and there can't be any doubt about the fact that trade makes the economy stronger. . . .I was struck by the fact coming in this morning, the number of foreign companies that have operations right here, proudly displaying their logos. America can compete with anybody. What we need to do is not build walls but tear walls down. We don't have a lot of walls here. We need to tear walls down in other places, that stop our products, our services from being in the marketplace.

The newspaper said Snow praised the recent fast growth of US business productivity and suggested that contracting for services overseas has helped bring that about. "You can outsource a lot of activities and get them done just as well at a lower cost," the Enquirer quoted Snow as saying.

And that's also the way the President's chief spokesman puts it. Asked March 31 if the White House views "sourcing" as desirable or undesirable, White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan said  free trade helps create jobs in the US.

McClellan: Our view is that trade and opening markets is very important to creating jobs here at home. The President is focused on creating jobs here at home in America. And one important way to continue to strengthen our economy even more is to continue opening markets and make sure that there is a level playing field for American producers and American farmers and others to compete. And that's what we will continue to do. Free trade is vital to continuing our economic growth.

Q: Is that an endorsement of outsourcing?

McClellan: What I'm saying is that free trade -- and those that would support economic isolationism put us at a competitive disadvantage. And that harms our economy; that harms job creation here at home. Our views are very well-known that we need to continue working to open markets and make sure that America is the best place to do business in the world.

Kerry's ad would have been closer to the mark had it said "The Bush administration says sending jobs overseas 'makes sense' for America." That would merely be taking words out of context and oversimplifying a complex economic argument. But falsely putting words in Bush's mouth is deception.

Sources

Economic Report of the President , together with The Annual Report of the Council of Economic Advisers US Government Printing Office, Washington DC February 2004.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 07:39:00 AM »
While I'm skeptical about any politician, I wonder how Kerry plans to 'create' 10 Million jobs, less than a third of the number lost since Bush took office.
One must consider what 'good for the economy' actually means.
Corporations seeking 'cheap' labor in other countries are not helping the average American- who will not have money to purchase their product- if they don't have jobs.
And what of the massive 'savings' in labor costs? Do corps lower the costs of their goods? No. That's just more profit for the CEO and shareholders- who really are the only one's who benefit.
I recently heard a report about US Corps moving now to China where a worker earns 1/3 that of a Mexican worker ($100 per month). And some looking at Vietnam where the average wage is 1/3 that of the Chinese workers. That?s $33 per month !!!

I did a little search and discovered that Wal-Mart, reportedly putting the squeeze on its supermarket competitors who in turn are putting the squeeze on their employees wages/benefits, is a major offender. At Wal-Mart Watch: Nearly 73 percent of water-bourne imports that went to Wal-Mart from April 1998 to March 1999 came from China, which has the world's largest forced labor population Wal-Mart regularly says it does not tolerate child labor or forced or prison labor, but when it comes to walking the walk the company refuses to reveal its Chinese contractors and will not allow independent, unannounced inspections of its contractors' facilities WTO Rules Allow Wal-Mart to Pit Worker against Worker in a Race to Bottom of Pay Scale Worldwide
As the world's largest retailer with more than $130 billion in yearly sales, Wal-Mart is the largest outlet for imported goods in the U.S.
Goods coming from China, Bangladesh, Vietnam, and other oppressive countries make Wal-Mart one of the world's largest traders in human misery
Hypocritically, Wal-Mart ran a "Buy American" and "Buy Mexican" marketing campaigns simultaneously, all the while reinvesting its
all-American dollars overseas--$112 million of which went to China

http://www.walmartwatch.com/bad/interna ... nal_id=253
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline notworking

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »
On 2004-04-15 15:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"122 million tax-paying Americans won't pay any federal tax at all this year, thanks to tax cuts.  Score 1 BUSH

That's true.  All of those people who got unemployment (who are technically "tax-paying" since unemployment income is taxable) and haven't found jobs probably won't have to pay any taxes.  People working for minimum wage probably won't have to pay any taxes.  But is it really a "victory" when the reason so many people aren't paying taxes is because they are poor?  I'd much rather live in a country where 122 million Americans had to pay more taxes this year because they all got big salary increases.

Second, those of us with children saw our child tax credit increase from $600.00 to $1,000 per child this year enabling us to better meet the needs and wants of our own family, not Uncle Sam.

Works for me!!

:wave: "

Last I looked $400 didn't go too far towards private school.  Which is where you're probably going to have to send your kids because federal spending for education is abysmal.  And, hopefully, your kid won't get lung or brain damage from contaminated water or air because the EPA enforcement budget has been slashed.  Hope you don't have a fire or need police protection this year.  Mostly, despite all this, I hope you've prepared your children for the fact that they will not receive Social Security (even though they've paid into the system) and they will have higher marginal tax rates than any generation in history.

The sad thing is that there are MILLIONS of short sighted people like you who think an extra $400 is a good price for your birthright of ample natural resources, domestic safety, and universal education.  Even worse, you have no qualms about mortgaging your childrens' future.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »
Bush and Kerry suck!  There is only one party in America, and it's called "Fuckthepublic."  The question is not who will save our ass from a depression that makes the thirties look like Disney Land, the question is who will get us there faster and how.

Bush will get us there via WWIII, and Kerry will get us there via "socialism on acid."  Do you have a preference?  I've always been more into drugs than war, so maybe I'll vote for numb-nuts Kerry.