Author Topic: Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO  (Read 95306 times)

Offline Timoclea

• View Profile
Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »
On 2004-06-02 15:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Why do you want to say so much bad about a program that is so good. Sure it is a little tough. But much of life is tough. thayer is a program that really builds character in kids. I sent my daughter there and she got alot out of it. "

I'll bet she did.

What *did* she get out of it?  Bumps?  Bruises?  Contusions?  Tardive Dyskinesia?  PTSD?  A long-term mistrust and negative feelings towards you, perhaps?

Smoke.  Fire.

:flame:  :flame:  :flame:

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-- Robert Heinlein

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »
I think your anonymous praise theory is a little off. Most of the time it is the same two or three people that are posting all the bad stuff. These are the people that have nothing better to do with their wasteful-pitiful life than sit on the internet and spread lies and rumors about good programs.

Most people that know the goodness of the programs don't care to search the internet to find someone bashing it and then reply to it. They have better things to do with there time.

These programs are inspected by state and federal officials without warning from time to time, and you know what, they can't find anything wrong with the facilities that is why they are still open and helping more and more kids everyday.

So to all the program bashers, GET A LIFE.  :smile: :razz:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »
One of the pitfalls of an unmoderated forum with ample anonymous postings is the unknown source of each message. If someone wants to appear to be 4 or 5 different praising people, repeating the same message with slightly different words can *appear* (to a complete fool) to be a lot of different parents rising up and singing the wonders of a facility. It's only one misguided guy, folks, but then, you knew that, didn't you.

Can't the same thing be said about the one/s posting and bashing programs.

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BethelAcademyAbuse/
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »
:eek:  When my husband and I started looking to place our son for some help, we had spoke with TLC.  This was before we even knew there was legalized torture homes for kids.  TLC was blatantly honest in that the kids get no therapy while there.  The tough discipline will be all that's needed.  They (the kids) also start off by sleeping in tents.  They have to "earn" their right to even have a bed.  We were also told that there would be no visitation from parents (even on holidays) but that it was necessary as these are bad kids who deserve to be there and away from their parents.  WHoooooaaaaa.  I couldn't believe my ears.  In the end we decided on Bethel Boys Academy, Lucedale, MS.  It was just as bad and torturous as TLC, but they just lie about it.  Yes, your child with get therapy, activities, schooling, etc.  TLC at least was honest that they were going to neglect your kid.  They just left out that they would be physically abused.  Imagine that.
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2004, 06:56:00 AM »
I was there for 4 months , i went in this time last year.Some people try to help others dont.But they Do lie alot to the parents.they try t braidnwash u(for real)(u have to watch G Rated(Kids 5 and under) movies everyday for 90 days.and sometiems we are taken out and once it was a smoke session, and we ran SEVENTY LAPS on and off through 1-2 hours.Maybe you should send your kid there tell him a secret code you will write in your letters or somethin because they read every letter coming in and cross out stuff they dotn want you to see.The nafter that month sue them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2004, 06:57:00 AM »
and all the administraitors of the board need to do to see if it is thayer staff is check there IP addresses, on another message forum they were doing the same thing, the adminsitraitor of that board banned there ip addresses, but then thayr got that board shut down.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »
On 2004-06-07 12:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

I think your anonymous praise theory is a little off. Most of the time it is the same two or three people that are posting all the bad stuff.

You're absolutely wrong here.

I know that our bodies were made to thrive only in pure air, and the scenes in which pure air is found.
-- John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »
The practical difference between an unmoderated forum and a moderated forum is that, w/o moderation, you know what you're getting. No one decides for you what you will be allowed to read or write or how many times to write it (pretending to be different people or not). Likewise, no one can force you to use a spellchecker or vary your lexicon in order to better hide your identity. But, of course, you could do that if you wished.  :rofl:

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »
On 2004-06-09 03:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

the adminsitraitor of that board banned there ip addresses, but then thayr got that board shut down."

Can you put me in touch w/ the former admins you're talking about?

Thanks,
Ginger

The college idealists who fill the ranks of the environmental movement seem willing to do absolutely anything to save the biosphere, except take science courses and learn something about it.

--P.J. O'Rourke

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »
On 2004-06-07 12:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I think your anonymous praise theory is a little off. Most of the time it is the same two or three people that are posting all the bad stuff. These are the people that have nothing better to do with their wasteful-pitiful life than sit on the internet and spread lies and rumors about good programs.

Most people that know the goodness of the programs don't care to search the internet to find someone bashing it and then reply to it. They have better things to do with there time.

These programs are inspected by state and federal officials without warning from time to time, and you know what, they can't find anything wrong with the facilities that is why they are still open and helping more and more kids everyday.

So to all the program bashers, GET A LIFE.  :smile: :razz:

"

Not from what I found.  Most programs I've found out about dodge licensing like a cat dodges a running hose.

They tell the medical authorities they're a school, and the education authorities they're a medical facility---they say whatever they have to say to avoid having to be responsible to governmental oversight for their treatment of the kids within their walls.

They *should* be inspected without warning, frequently.

But from everything I've been able to find out, they very rarely are, and on the rare occasions when a BM program doesn't manage to dodge meaningful oversight and gets shut down for abuse,  it either simply moves and reopens under a different name, or sends the staff scattered off to other parts of the teen gulag archipelago and somebody else opens yet another program under another name in another place playing the same old brainwashing and dodge-the-licensing shell game and the abuse goes on.

You know, a truly remarkable number of these programs' victims are amazingly unappreciative of the "help" of being gifted with a lifetime of PTSD, nightmares, and cold sweats.

Timoclea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2004, 08:28:00 AM »
My son spent over 5 months at Thayer.  He said it was a joke.  He said they lie to the parents.  They even told one kid to tell his parents his books were there - even though they were not.  I had a letter from a female school mate of my son (very upbeat young lady) that I wanted my son to have, but no, Thayer Learning Center refused to give him the letter stating their "rules" changed and they were only allowed to have correspondence from immediate family. I advised the parent rep I would be pulling my son out of the program if they would not give him the letter. The following week I was told they lost some of his exams.  The next week, I withdrew my son from the program.  Do you think Mrs. Bundy was professional enough to give me a refund although she admitted in front of witnesses that the refusal of the mail was a "mistake".  No.  Oh, did you know they tape record your conversations and if you say anything "negative" (actually truthful) about Thayer Learning Center - YOU have broken the contract and will be asked to remove your child WITH NO REFUND OF COURSE.

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »
The only reason they advertise "Christian" based is so that the State of Missouri will not be in their business.  There is no prayer sessions, no non-denominational speakers or pastors whatsoever.  The cadets are to have religious material that the parent is to provide.  OH, and spiritual journal writing is allowed - BUT that rule changed somewhere and the cadets were not allowed to have their journals their parents spent.  Who knows, maybe because the Cadets were writing too many truths in their journals that may get Thayer in trouble?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »
Yes, I know of a couple of friends that sent their kids to Thayer. they got their kids back and the kids got on tract to go to College. One of the kids want to go back and work there. She will work there when she gets out of college. John and Willa Bundy are very kind people who love kids. their lives are dedicated to making lives better. I am glad that they dont tolerate employees that are not good for the kids. If you want to know about John and Willa Look at all the lives that they have changed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2004, 05:10:00 PM »
How funny, I did what you asked and it listed 20 plus websites and I called them, Non of the websites were affiliated with him. In fact most lead to specific schools. I think that you must not understand how the www. works.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2004, 05:21:00 PM »
I know The Bundys. I honor their integrity. I would send my child to them anytime. YOur child will be safe and in fact they will  help your child get back on trac in school. They will also bring the joy back into your relationship. they are wonderful people.