Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Thayer Learning Center

Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO

<< < (60/60)

Oscar:

--- Quote from: "Guest123456789" ---I was very interested in finding this thread as it seems to be filled with a lot of repressed anger and hate. I researched the information out there about Thayer and Willa Bundy and after reading a lot of things it really seems like a lot of this nonsense is unfounded. I could not find anywhere that Thayer was EVER prosecuted or actually charged with any abuse or wrongdoing. In my experience when there is a lot of information out there that is REAL and TRUTHFUL that there is prosecution behind them. But what I found was a lot of repeated information that didn't even seem accurate at ALL. While I imagine that kids do not and did not like being sent to a school the things that some of them claim seem just kind of silly to me. If all the information out there is true then why hasn't Social Services or Law enforcement ever charged them with anything? When there is actual evidence of abuse I will believe these things until then, I'm giving Thayer the benefit of the doubt that they are actually out there to do good and help people.
--- End quote ---

Well, the local media reports that the sheriff has stated that:

--- Quote ---Sheriff's deputies and former staff members and students have alleged that students at Thayer Learning Center are forced to participate in unreasonable fitness activities, denied medical attention and punished in bizarre ways.
--- End quote ---
But as the article also explains the procecutor didn't do his job.

"Why" is the obivious question and maybe it has something to do with job in the community.

The Kansas City Star also suggest that it is the case

--- Quote ---KIDDER, Mo. - Although some Kidder residents express concern about allegations surrounding Thayer Learning Center, there are city and church leaders who passionately defend the school.
Thayer has provided an economic boon to struggling Caldwell County and the city of Kidder, which has fewer than 300 residents. It's easily the largest employer in the city and - coupled with a related business operated by Thayer owners John and Willa Bundy - has pumped more than $10,000 of tax...
--- End quote ---
They settled out of court with the parents of the boy who died there. If they were innocent normally you should expect that they would have bashed the parents in court. Why didn't they?

Anonymous:
What happened to all the kids when the school closed down?  Did any of the kids return to graduate after July 2009?  What happened to the phone call counselor called Ms. Sandi?

Anonymous:
I'm not sure what happened to Ms. Sandi.. I've been trying to call her for 3 weeks now..
Hey everyone.. my name is Gabrielle.

My intake: June 14th 2007
Homeward Bound : July 2nd 2008

President Lamarche  :)

I would love to talk to anyone who wants to talk about TLC..
I have a very open opinion..

[email protected]

e-mail or add on myspace or facebook.

<3

jeanette619:
fkkk that place! i was there in 2006 and the time i spent there i experience the worst time of my life!!!
i was taken down constantly spit in my face by the sargeants all my letters were blacked out all the stuff my mom sent me like shampoos conditioner soap my books they kept even all my gold jewlery it supposedly got lost!!
they made us carry our bins over our heads while we ran a miles our arms would shake n colapse n those bitch ass srgnt would just laugh and enjoy taking us down i had to go to physical therapy wen i left that place my arms wouldnt go straight up they would do all kids of crazy movements and eventualy would go straight up.
wat was that fat ass srgnt name omg when i would hear her voice i would get so scared my body trembledd she had a sister who was a counsler.

feel free to get at me at [email protected]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version