Author Topic: Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO  (Read 97912 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO
« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »
sorry bro dont be mad i exposed you  :oops:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Mrs. Doubtfire

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 10, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »
While you are both dueling, would you also happen to know anyone who escaped or was rescued from Thayer?  Any information that can help a grieving and concerned family member of a child incarcerated in Thayer? Know of a way we can help that family member?  That child?

That is what I come to this forum to learn - not the size, ability or lack of.... any physical information regarding someone 99% of us don't know.

Perhaps you could ask Ginger/Antigen to set up a separate forum for you all to go to where you can list, describe and expose???? all these descriptive and lurid issues about objectionable anatomy of those you love to hate.  I applaud your desire to vent and will defend your freedom and desire to do so; however, for family members such as myself who live for a word of hope on these threads I really don't care if Chance has a less than perfect appendage.

It is just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
On 2005-03-10 08:25:00, Mrs. Doubtfire wrote:

"While you are both dueling, would you also happen to know anyone who escaped or was rescued from Thayer?  Any information that can help a grieving and concerned family member of a child incarcerated in Thayer? Know of a way we can help that family member?  That child?

That is what I come to this forum to learn - not the size, ability or lack of.... any physical information regarding someone 99% of us don't know.

Perhaps you could ask Ginger/Antigen to set up a separate forum for you all to go to where you can list, describe and expose???? all these descriptive and lurid issues about objectionable anatomy of those you love to hate.  I applaud your desire to vent and will defend your freedom and desire to do so; however, for family members such as myself who live for a word of hope on these threads I really don't care if Chance has a less than perfect appendage.

It is just my opinion, and I could be wrong."

lol im just warning everyone its a waste of time to do it with chance  :smile:  he absolutely SUCKS in bed  :cry2:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »
On 2005-03-10 08:25:00, Mrs. Doubtfire wrote:

Perhaps you could ask Ginger/Antigen to set up a separate forum for you all to go to where you can list, describe and expose???? all these descriptive and lurid issues about objectionable anatomy of those you love to hate. I

They wouldn't use it. They're just either bored or they're trying to derail conversation that they don't like. Just ignore them, really. It only works if you take the bait, so don't take the bait.

Where powers are assumed which have not been delegated, a nullification of the act is the rightful remedy.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson: Kentucky Resolutions, 1798

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2005, 03:59:00 AM »
oh man hahaha
who said that about me thats funny hahahahaahaa, you guys dont know shit but hey thats cool. so what have you guys been up to besides describing my penis haha hey by the way i didnt have sex with anyone at tlc, AIM = nonesuch2890 for more stories and stuff. we can talk about my penis too. hahaha silly.LATERS

-chance

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »
i am considering sending my son there, and have read alot of negative feedback, but only from anonymous writers.  I am looking for real information and direct contact resources. They have been real upfront with me regarding their involvement in a legal suit over the death of one boy. As far as abuse, i want to know. These anonymous posts could be anyone, including kids pulled out early, extreme bleeding hearts, to fired employees. If you got it to say then identify, and i'll contact you and check you out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 05, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »
i am considering sending my son there, and have read alot of negative feedback, but only from anonymous writers. I am looking for real information and direct contact resources. They have been real upfront with me regarding their involvement in a legal suit over the death of one boy. As far as abuse, i want to know. These anonymous posts could be anyone, including kids pulled out early, extreme bleeding hearts, to fired employees. If you got it to say then identify, and i'll contact you and check you out.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »
Here's a bunch of documented info on Thayer:

http://isaccorp.org/documentsnz.html#thayer

Of course, if you're determined enough, you can find an excuse to dismiss every former parent, student and employee, every journalist and medical professional and just go ahead and take your chances w/ believing only those people who are entirely vested in convincing you to fork over the money and send your kid.

It's up to you, in the end. But don't say nobody tried to warn you.

I give money for church organs in the hope the organ music will distract the congregation's attention from the rest of the service.
--Andrew Carnegie, Scottish-born American industrialist and philanthropist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline SPEAKINGOUT

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 05, 2005, 10:50:00 PM »
If you have done any kind of research on google you have read the articles about the death of the boy.  The Isac website also has copies of all of the articles including the latest ones which say that IF the boy would have received proper medical care he probably would not have died.
If you are still thinking about sending your child there, regardless of anything else that anyone has to say- Positive or Negative then you need your head examined! (or you just don't care what happens to your child)

PS- to everyone else that may be thinking of replying to this e-mail, a friend of mine replied to a "similar" e-mail on an EZ board over a year ago.  She soon found out  :eek: that the person was a "plant"- and she began to be threatened about a lawsuit for slander and other stuff- SO BE CAREFUL!  Trust NO ONE AROUND HERE EXCEPT FOR THOSE OF US YOU KNOW.

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 06, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »
i dont see how you can say everyone that is posting negative information is "anonymous".  if you did indeed read all the threads, you would see there are many, many parents who have posted under names.  If you will go back and read my posts, you will see the allegations of abuse/neglect that I have made against TLC, and I am not hiding behind a paper bag.  But, curiously, you are asking people to post under names, but you yourself indeed are behind a paper bag...LOL

If you truly are interested in hearing from parents, PM or email me with YOUR contact info and I will be more than happy to call you!  Many, many people are also a bit paranoid because there is speculation that the Bundys post anonymously to try and elicit info to be used in court AGAINST people...i.e., their lawsuit against a former employee which was filed a couple of weeks ago.  That person has posted on this board many times over and he did not contact us, we contacted him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
I visited the Thayer Learning Center in 5/05 and found it to be well supervised with adults.  The
kids that were in classrooms were clean, very orderly, alert, and well, physically and emotionally.  As a teacher, I can sense when things aren't right in a classroom, and there
was nothing to indicate that anything was wrong.
I think Thayer is staffed with people who are genuinely caring people and probably the last bastion between these kids surviving to adulthood and their self destruction.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 28, 2005, 07:39:00 AM »
Thayer is one of those fear/intimidation based boot camps, isnt it? I have a hard time accepting that someone who sadistically breaks down children emotionally, humiliates them, and them physically pushes them to their limit, if not just outright beat or "restrain" (with pain compliance techniques derived from Juu Jutsu, which is used in Ultimate Fighting championships... not appropriate for kids!) them and control them all day long to complete the helplessness loves and cares.

Its sadism and breaking their will, through and through. And, if you think the mental state they are in isnt facilitative for brainwashing, then you need to go to a psychology class.

Also, regarding the most recent anon post - What you're going to see on a visit is a dog and pony show, if the program is abusive! They're not going to let you see it if they're smart at all!

What you 'sense' has a lot to do with the signals kids give off. Terrified-of-showing-wrong kids trapped in a program who have no way out are not going to show it.

Oh, and to degress, what you've said *REEKS* of a press release or a canned responce.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark.  The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.  
--Plato

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »
just to fill you in,I've visited there once announced, and later 30 minutes unannounced. Both times were good, nothing unusual going on, and seems like a very well organized place.  My point is, you sound like another extremist, who has never been there, who sits around on forums offering your advise, when in reality your credibility is zero. If you have a true purpose of your post, why don't you get off your dead butt and go see.  Talk on this forum is cheap, from extremist who have lots of time on their hands, and really demean the forum.  I think programs like this, yes, very diciplined, are a good approach to some youths. The diciplined received is a result of the choice the student decided to make, and knew of the consequence.  Yeah, it can be rough, but I don't think its brain washing or abuse.  If you think about it in reality, when you make really bad choices, you pay the consequence as well. If you murder someone, you probably won't be sitting there on you butt explaining your view of the world, you'll be in the pen. Some kids need a wake up call, and this is a good method to get them on the right track. What hasn't worked in the past, perhaps fault of parent or kid, no longer matters. The outlined methods of the program is proven to work to over 250 graduated students, only of which you have a couple complain and post anomyously.  Do the math. Might not be your method, but then again, your preaching your views on boards like this. Why don't you go see for yourself instead, then you'd KNOW what your talking about, instead of just talking. I'd be interested to know your philosophy after that.  The mom's and people that post here have pulled their kids out early, regret it, and use this forum as an avenue to blame someone else for their problems. The kid probably learned that as well from them, thats why they went there, and the parent couldnt deal with it and let the program work. I have yet to see any post from a parent who's kid graduated from the program, that regretted it. Not rocket science, is it?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »
I dont have the money to just travel and take time off to do so all willy nilly because you claim to have gone to a program. Pony up the dough or shut the hell up!

People can lie, and youre a person, as far as I know.

Bottom line, "disciplined" is just dodging the issue of the way that they work inherantly. Saying "its rough" but not actually saying what is jsut vagueness and doging! Quit using the damn emotional appeals and saying "unpleasant = good for 'em" and provide some facts. Also, please stop typing your responces as if youre giving a press release. YOURE speaking anonymously, mr individual.

I'd only go if I could see whats really going on, posing as a 'student' or as a staffer. I have NO interest in a dog and pony show.

Furthermore, a kid DIED there. Thats inexcuseable period, especailly under the circumstances.

But, I degress, youre giving off classical programmie bullshit here, such as
The mom's and people that post here have pulled their kids out early, regret it, and use this forum as an avenue to blame someone else for their problems.

I think its funny how we accuse it of being brainwashing, and those who dont go along 100% hate it, and those who do fully just looove it.... especially when we're only seeing a tiny ass percentage of the popualtion, what you say and we have to trust, and you use emotional appeals that basically are like tough/hard/disciplined is GOOD for the little bastards, isnt that what you wanna say?

I have no way to know youre speaking the truth one fucking iota, and the way you speak REEKS of being a programmie. YOUR credibility is zero, youre defending something with a vested interest - Im looking out for children, and when a kid comes out dead from a secretive program that reeks of being one of those break-down based bootcamps (which IS NOT THERAPY AND TEACHES NOTING BUT FEAR) Im going to stand up and talk about it.

So, again, prove what you say, or pay for me to go there, if you even want me to see it - which you cant, and wont, do.

When he [Califano] claims that the voters of Arizona and California did not know what they were voting for when they supported the two initiatives, he reminds me of the way Serbia's President Slobodan Milosevic reacted to recent election results in that country.
-- George Soros -- Sunday, February 2 1997; Page C01 The Washington Post

[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2005-06-29 17:49 ]
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »
uh, hello, they dont even have teachers!  it is self-taught instruction through home school books.  And, if you had toured the school, you would know that!