Author Topic: Damn Funny Re: Tom Delays visit with Tx Teachers  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Damn Funny Re: Tom Delays visit with Tx Teachers
« on: April 13, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »
http://www.brazosriver.com/hammertime.htm

Message attached to the link:
>This is without a doubt the funniest account I
>have read in months on ANY subject.  I have no
>idea who this woman is, but I would love to read
>a regular newspaper column by her.  Kind of a
>political Sweet Potato Queen for Texas.  I
>especially liked her line:
>"Have you ever noticed that when somebody can?t
>explain diddle squat or is trying to hide
>something, they use a Power Point presentation?"

A couple of my favorite comments:
Tom was there to explain to Fort Bend teachers why he won?t let HR 594 come to the House floor for a vote. Being as how Tom couldn?t explain that without using words to describe himself like mean, condescending, hateful, and/or money grubbing egg-sucking-dog elitist in a heap of donkey dump, he took another route. Instead, he chose to explain that gypping Texas schoolteachers out of their full retirement is good for them and wonderful for the Iraqi rebuilding effort.  

I guess the best part was when the teachers suggested that maybe the economy could use some help.  Tom was shocked, shocked I tell you.  He puffed himself up like a little banty rooster prissed, ?Well, I don?t know what world you live in but this economy has never been better ???  I didn?t hear the rest because people were howling with laughter.  I mean, really howling.  

Some of the comments after the article are equally funny.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700