Author Topic: 18th Birthdays  (Read 4936 times)

Offline Paige

• View Profile
18th Birthdays
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »
On 2004-04-16 13:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Okay, so wherever she is on her 18th birthday we will make sure she has someone there to get her to the embassy and airport, and money, and plane tickets if she's out of the country, and someone with a car and money for her, who can arrange transportation wherever she wants to go if she's somewhere else.

Her parents can hold her against her will until she is 18, but be damned if they're going to hold her against her will a day longer without legal action.

She *will* be informed by attorneys and/or the police---people official enough that she can be absolutely sure it's not a test---that she *can* leave, and that she *has* choices of multiple places to go to stay while she gets back on her feet, and that she *can* get pretty much wherever she wants and get started getting established and into school.

She is *not* going to be illegally detained without one hell of a fight and one hell of a load of consequences for any perpetrators.

Grrrr.

If she *chooses* to stay that's her lookout, but she *will* be told by credible authorities outside of that institution or her parents what her full range of choices are.

"If people knew they could leave on their 18th birthday" indeed!

Grrrr.

Damn straight she'll know she can leave.  We can't make them allow access to officials to tell her before her birthday, but we for damn sure can set it up *on* her birthday."

You need to register and send me a private email I have some information that you need to have access to and it will help you dramatically. Use the private messages on this website and contact me. Paige
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
aige