Author Topic: getting your facts straight  (Read 15119 times)

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
getting your facts straight
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »
On 2005-07-12 00:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"spent time in KHK.  And yes i am doing fine now.  but it is in no way, due to the abuse that i received while there emotionally, mentally and physically.  I was terminated after not working their program for eight months.  Did more drugs than i ever did before i went in. Received a college degree, during which time i quit all drugs other than alchohol, spent time in the Marines, greatly improved relations with my parents.  I am now engaged and in law school.  Meanwhile i never bought into their bullshit, and hope to see them shut down and prosecuted for criminal child abuse."

Dear Anonymous,
What year were ye in KHK? Also, were ye in KHK when it was in Hebron,Ky or in Milford,Ohio????

If ye want to see them prosecuted for Criminal child abuse please p.m. me  
thanks and take care,
-DP

There is something feeble and contemptible about a man who cannot face life without the help of comfortable myths.
--Bertrand Russell, British philosopher, educator, mathemetician, and social critic

Here ye go Bill know this: it was for me...not at all for you!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2005, 02:34:00 AM »
On 2004-04-09 00:04:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2004-04-08 09:28:00, still doing fine wrote:

. Eleven years later I am a happy, productive member of society.

Over 20 years later and so am I. Now that I'm older, my focus is more on my kids' world and their children's. Over the years, I've seen lunatic fanaticism over drugs take over the public policy on which I depend to keep my children's America alive.

Look, folks, drugs are just not that powerful! You take them or leave them, use them to good effect or put them down; knowing and taking the consequences either way. They don't control a person to the point where someone else has to step in and take over their right to self determination. They're no or moore less trecherous than lust for power or money or any other object of obsession.

If you bust your kid w/ a joint, it does not simplify whatever other issues that might exist between you down to "Welp, kid needs treatment!". It's barely significan't at all. If anyone steps up to you trying to say that's the root of all evil and they have the patented cure for it, they're pissing down your leg! Wake the hell up and smell the amonia!

Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make  some of the worst movies in the history of the world.
-- Dave Barry

"

Unfortunately, drugs are that powerful. Not for most...many people don't even have enough desire to try them in the first place. Others, oh it's a trip for a little while, but it gets old fast. But for some?

Addiction is a scary thing. The right person and the right drug of choice, well that can be a very powerful connection. I personally had no problem putting the drugs down. But people I have known? It's just so difficult for them. The hold those drugs have over them, the allure of feeling one peaceful, medicated moment (much love to MJK for that one), they just can't live without it. They'll try to stop, and find themselves counting the hours between hits, or trips, or whatever!

And once they do slip and let that drug back in, well it's just one loss after another from there on. The self-hatred, the people not wanting to get involved with you anymore, the depression, the fights with loved ones, oh man it's a vicious cycle. And once it starts? Well, what's that nice, convenient, powerful answer that is always there and will always embrace you? DRUGS.

I know that none of this is news to you, Antigen, as you are very well educated and know your shit. Which is why a blanket statement like this is the last thing I would expect from a person like you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »
You say that you were not abused.........
May I ask:
Would you want the same treatment for your own children? Would you send your child to KHK?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »
On 2005-10-09 23:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

The self-hatred, the people not wanting to get involved with you anymore, the depression, the fights with loved ones, oh man it's a vicious cycle. And once it starts? Well, what's that nice, convenient, powerful answer that is always there and will always embrace you? DRUGS.

Granted, substance abuse has it's dangers. But so do many other things we abuse and use to undo ourselves. But coercive thought reform is a MUCH more efficient way to induce self-hatred, isolation, depression, violent scorched earth level fights w/ loved ones. And where does it all start? Sadly, too often, w/ a couple of housewives freebasing their niccotine over coffe or a couple of drinks, stokeing each others highly unpleasant fantasies about the mighty awsome power of those other drugs that are hated and illegal right now.

In other words, by comparison, the Program is far more dangerous to your mental and emotional wellbeing and relationships than any drug.

The hypothalamus is one of the most important parts of the brain, involved in many kinds of motivation, among other functions.  The hypothalamus controls the "Four F's": 1. fighting;  2. fleeing;  3.feeding; and  4. mating.
-- Psychology professor in neuropsychology intro course

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »
Drugs are fucking GREAT!  I'm glad I got sent to a program 'cause I learned about all the other drugs I had been missing out on.  I don't think I ever would have tried crystal meth, cocaine, or heroin if I hadn't heard how great they were from other people in the program.

That's the best thing I walked away from the program with, a desire to do more drugs.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2005, 05:10:00 PM »
On 2005-11-22 14:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Drugs are fucking GREAT!  I'm glad I got sent to a program 'cause I learned about all the other drugs I had been missing out on.  I don't think I ever would have tried crystal meth, cocaine, or heroin if I hadn't heard how great they were from other people in the program.

That's the best thing I walked away from the program with, a desire to do more drugs."
Thanks for the post[ This Message was edited by: TheWho on 2006-02-18 11:12 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2005, 07:24:00 PM »

"I read a response from someone who chose to be anonymous.  Your response was to Reality check.  I graduated from the Kids Helping Kids program 11 years ago.  I believe it was the best thing that ever happened to me.  I was an out of control kid who did not care what happened to myself.  I was unable at that point in time to love or care about myself.  I was obsessed with drugs and alcohol because that is what took the pain away.  I thank God that my parents loved me enough to place me there.  When I could not love myself I had a whole group of people that loved me.  Eleven years later I am a happy, productive member of society.  I did not need intense psychotherapy in order to heal from the ordeal.  I never want to forget my time spent there.  I am now married, have a home and am getting to ready to have children.  I am a successful graduate from college with a good career.  Maybe if some people's life did not turn out so well they should take a look in the mirror as to why. Whatever measures took place at Kids Helping Kids I believe that I needed them.  Nothing else was working at that point.  So please don't assume your experience was the same as mine. "

Some day you will get beyond the limitations of you current memories and the program speak which permiates your reality -  and when you do, hopefully you will remember this exhcange and the folks on this fourm. Rest assured you sure as hell aren't going to get a lick of sympathy, understanding or support from your KHK program friends or staff members once you start asking questions.

I was interred at The Seed 30+ years ago at age 15(1973) and I am not lying when I write this: No matter what age you are when you wake up, it's still difficult to reconcile what really happend to you with what you have believed about yourself all those years. You'll see. Best of luck to you now and always.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2005, 08:04:00 PM »
On 2005-11-22 16:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"I read a response from someone who chose to be anonymous.  Your response was to Reality check.  I graduated from the Kids Helping Kids program 11 years ago.  I believe it was the best thing that ever happened to me.  I was an out of control kid who did not care what happened to myself.  I was unable at that point in time to love or care about myself.  I was obsessed with drugs and alcohol because that is what took the pain away.  I thank God that my parents loved me enough to place me there.  When I could not love myself I had a whole group of people that loved me.  Eleven years later I am a happy, productive member of society.  I did not need intense psychotherapy in order to heal from the ordeal.  I never want to forget my time spent there.  I am now married, have a home and am getting to ready to have children.  I am a successful graduate from college with a good career.  Maybe if some people's life did not turn out so well they should take a look in the mirror as to why. Whatever measures took place at Kids Helping Kids I believe that I needed them.  Nothing else was working at that point.  So please don't assume your experience was the same as mine. "

Some day you will get beyond the limitations of you current memories and the program speak which permiates your reality -  and when you do, hopefully you will remember this exhcange and the folks on this fourm. Rest assured you sure as hell aren't going to get a lick of sympathy, understanding or support from your KHK program friends or staff members once you start asking questions.

I was interred at The Seed 30+ years ago at age 15(1973) and I am not lying when I write this: No matter what age you are when you wake up, it's still difficult to reconcile what really happend to you with what you have believed about yourself all those years. You'll see. Best of luck to you now and always.

"
I just cant help but comment, it just seems very assuming that what you experienced will occur the same way in others. "Still doing fine" may have awoken at KHK and not the opposite as you believe.  We all hit milestones along the way which causes us to stop and reflect on our past which lead us to this point,  but rarely do people need to reconcile at each milestone and typically one single event doesnt shape our being, rather it is a combination of steps and decisions that we have made along the way that further cements the real you.
Again just my observation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »
That wasn't me, but I think it's just hard for people to understand how brainwashing can benefit anyone. Even drug addicts, if this person truly was addicted.

I went in straight but had never done drugs. They convinced me that I was a drug addict. If I had graduated from the program (I ran away), and kept going to AA until now, sill believing that I was truly a drug addict, then I would probably think they had saved my life too. I would think they were great simply because that's what they made me believe. Does that mean it's true?

I think people can just see a better alternative. It doesn't mean people can't be happy living their lives completely according to what was forced onto them at KHK or straight, it just means it's probably not originating from themselves, and at least some of it is undoubtedly not even based on reality.

Ignorance can be bliss.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »
I just want to add....

It was by the grace of god that I had the opportunity to run away.

God got me out of there, and got me out of AA later on. I prayed all the time about it, and my prayers were answered.

Sticks tongue in cheek. [Read= talk about assuming that one's views are the "right" ones]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »
On 2005-11-21 22:00:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-10-09 23:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

The self-hatred, the people not wanting to get involved with you anymore, the depression, the fights with loved ones, oh man it's a vicious cycle. And once it starts? Well, what's that nice, convenient, powerful answer that is always there and will always embrace you? DRUGS.

Granted, substance abuse has it's dangers. But so do many other things we abuse and use to undo ourselves. But coercive thought reform is a MUCH more efficient way to induce self-hatred, isolation, depression, violent scorched earth level fights w/ loved ones. And where does it all start? Sadly, too often, w/ a couple of housewives freebasing their niccotine over coffe or a couple of drinks, stokeing each others highly unpleasant fantasies about the mighty awsome power of those other drugs that are hated and illegal right now.

In other words, by comparison, the Program is far more dangerous to your mental and emotional wellbeing and relationships than any drug.

The hypothalamus is one of the most important parts of the brain, involved in many kinds of motivation, among other functions.  The hypothalamus controls the "Four F's": 1. fighting;  2. fleeing;  3.feeding; and  4. mating.
-- Psychology professor in neuropsychology intro course

"

Oh I completely agree with you about that. Your views almost parallel mine when it comes to the dangers of plucking a child out of their development and sticking them in a coercive, isolated, institutionalized setting. I was a CEDU student and that place had a much worse effect on me than any drug could have. And I will readily admit that, from the stories and the discussions on these boards, CEDU was a creampuff compared to the alternatives.

All I'm saying is that drugs may not be that powerful for a lot of people, but for others they have one hell of a grip.

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »
I think in some cases it is the original environment the child is in that is the danger. Sometimes taking them out of that environment, whether it be a bad home, or bad friends, is the only way to stop the cycle.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2005, 10:50:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 09:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I think in some cases it is the original environment the child is in that is the danger. Sometimes taking them out of that environment, whether it be a bad home, or bad friends, is the only way to stop the cycle."

sounds close to a statement from Penny Walker

On the dogmas of religion, as distinguished from moral principles, all mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarreling, fighting, burning and torturing one another for abstractions unintelligible to themselves and to all others, and absolutely beyond the comprehension of the human mind.
--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »
On 2005-11-22 14:10:00, LittleCat wrote:

"

On 2005-11-22 14:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Drugs are fucking GREAT!  I'm glad I got sent to a program 'cause I learned about all the other drugs I had been missing out on.  I don't think I ever would have tried crystal meth, cocaine, or heroin if I hadn't heard how great they were from other people in the program.

That's the best thing I walked away from the program with, a desire to do more drugs."

That is true!! I started smoking pot in high school and after 3 years I moved onto Mescaline (brown organic rocks!!). I think the pot raised my awareness and made me smart enough to realize that I needed to move onto better stuff. I still smoke pot once in a while, but after I wake up, some days, and rmember I blew my paycheck on coke I feel really stupid. Maybe I should stick with pot and work on getting my G.E.D. I wish more people would write articles like that, it makes me feel better about my choices and shit.

Thanks for the post"

Ahhh, LittleCat the active coke addict pontificating as to why KIDS need programs.

Dude, I took my own time to read ALL of your posts this morning.  After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that you're an idiot.  I don't know how else to break it down for you.

You doggedly support abusive programs that have killed children in their care, but also admit to being a cokehead and a dope smoker.  Did you ever think maybe YOU'RE the reason your kid got so incredibly fucked up?  Maybe you were just a bad parent, as is the case with SO MANY of these kids locked up in kiddie jails?  Looks like you need some treatment, pal.

Lay off the coke for a while and get your life together, then maybe we can talk.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control