Author Topic: facts on ALA  (Read 16969 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« on: April 06, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »
Does anyone have any hard facts about ALA and its staff? Why is there so much hoopla about this place when no one seems to be shedding any light on what the problem is here or if there truly is a problem. Facts please or shut up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »
Hi Paige (I bettcha)
It seems to me you don't want to hear anything that doesn?t support your already preconceived notions. Sorry, but they can only be supported by snide remarks and innuendo.
Love them or hate them, These people (ALA) are who they say they are.
They do what they claim to do; and weather you agree or not; you should at least be able to take Some comfort in that.
These folks are not like Some that with hold vital info from the parents and guardians.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 07:01:00 PM »
On 2004-04-06 15:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hi Paige (I bettcha)

It seems to me you don't want to hear anything that doesn?t support your already preconceived notions. Sorry, but they can only be supported by snide remarks and innuendo.

Love them or hate them, These people (ALA) are who they say they are.

They do what they claim to do; and weather you agree or not; you should at least be able to take Some comfort in that.

These folks are not like Some that with hold vital info from the parents and guardians."

Big Whup!  I take no comfort in a program that discloses the identity of their owners and staff and doesn't withhold vital info from parents and guardians.

At the VERY LEAST, that's what I would expect from any special-purpose school or program.

What counts is the PURPOSE and whether or not teens have the right to reject forced indoctrination as the answer to keeping 'em on the straight and narrow.  In my opinion, nobody should be FORCED by their parents into a faith-based school or program because the parent's own religious doctrine tells them their child is obsessed by the wicked ways of the world.  That is an abuse of parental rights.

Wanna try again???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »
Yes, this is Paige, is this Karen or Craig or is it Lise? Apparently you did not read my message. If you can't give any facts about this place shut up and don't waste my time or anyone else's time. I am looking for pertinent information about this program good or bad and I do not have a pre conceived notion of this facility only of her parents who have neglected to give her an education and have systematically kept her from her brother and the rest of her true family. It is a true shame that Amanda has had to suffer and make some very serious decisions due to her parents inability to be parents. There will be a law suit and I will fight for Amanda. To be quite honest with you I truly feel that she is probably much better there than with her adoptive parents. So I will ask again. Do you have any pertinent information or not?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 07:14:00 PM »
You are quite correct in that no child should be forced into a faith based or any other type of program such as this. However it does happen so the only thing that we can hope for is that the facility is legitimate and does not hide any information. It is important to know who is running the show and any quality facility faith based or not will be more than forth coming with the employees and their qualifications and a simple matter of an address which ALA does not supply for its mexico facility. If they had nothing to hide - why do they hide where the kids are in Mexico and move them constantly to different a location.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »
Paige,
 Facts are posted on the very informative , easy to navigate, web site.
What else do you want to know? And why ask a bunch of people who have nothing to do with ALA, and refuse to speak with those who do; all the while demanding "facts"?
I have no idea what is behind all the problems you have with other peoples parenting; but I'm 'begining to understand why they don't want to be bothered with you. You seem to be a very hostile lady.

Our anon investigator askes a question -
why do they hide where the kids are in Mexico and move them constantly to different a location.

They don't. The problem lies with your use of the word 'constantly'.  They moved one time; just like any one might. The families know where they are; and thats all that need to know. I have lately begun to see the wisdom of Not advertising the actual address.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »
So, you have a fear of being recognized? At least I come out in the open. Is that too much for you to do? May I ask with whom I am speaking? As for this web site no, I do not expect to get viable information but you do have to admit there is quite a bit of chatter about this place and as a concerned family member or one of your charges it would be remiss of me to not look into it. I have been on the ALA web site. It contradicts itself in some cases so I am simply researching to appears any questions I have. And just who is Jim Bomba and what are his credentials since you found it convenient to not post it on the web site even though you say he is the director of the girls dorm?  
You call me hostile, I have been called a formidable force but you have judged me with little to no knowledge of me. That doesn't seem to be very Christian like. At least I am offering you the courtesy of showing me who you are and what you do. My curiosity is well founded, my battle is for the rights of Amanda, not with you. I sincerely hope that you can reveal yourself it would be nice to know that you are speaking about ALA with authority.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 09:48:00 PM »
On 2004-04-06 17:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Paige,

Facts are posted on the very informative , easy to navigate, web site.

What else do you want to know? And why ask a bunch of people who have nothing to do with ALA, and refuse to speak with those who do; all the while demanding "facts"?

I have no idea what is behind all the problems you have with other peoples parenting; but I'm 'begining to understand why they don't want to be bothered with you. You seem to be a very hostile lady.

Our anon investigator askes a question -

why do they hide where the kids are in Mexico and move them constantly to different a location.

They don't. The problem lies with your use of the word 'constantly'.  They moved one time; just like any one might. The families know where they are; and thats all that need to know. I have lately begun to see the wisdom of Not advertising the actual address.

"

By law, these programs are required to register the names of children who reside in foreign-based programs along with other information (including the location of the program) with the appropriate U.S. Embassy. Second, any interested party can contact the U.S. Embassy and ask them to do a "welfare check" on a particular child.  

:smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 10:12:00 PM »
Thats true and good advice. Maybe that will set some minds at ease.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »
Paige, How are you a family member? Whats the relationship?

Yes, you have a right to be concerned and its good to take an interest and wise to look into things; But you do *seem* hostile and determined to find stuff to gripe about.
This is not the best way to be listened to or co operated with.

Yes, you are being judged on to little knowledge. Such is the unavoidable nature of open internet boards. I have the same problem; and so does everyone else. Best get used to it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »
I have never refused to speak to anyone involved with ALA but apparently now someone from ALA is speaking with me and refusing to identify themselves. Some people would find that a little fishy and I do know for a fact that the children have moved more than once. If there is a legitimate reason for this then you should not have a problem declaring it. As for my problem with "other peoples parenting" this child is very dear to my heart and my problem is with this set of parents and this set only. In fact it is not just myself, It is the vast majority of this blended family who is against how these people have raised this child I am merely the spokes person for them and there are quite a few of us - including family members of the "parents". Believe me, many people are talking to me and they are taking the time to be bothered with this situation. If you rely solely on the information that you have received from the parents of Amanda please believe me you should save your judgement until you know the entire story. So are you an employee of ALA or are you still afraid to reveal yourself?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »
On 2004-04-06 19:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I have never refused to speak to anyone involved with ALA but apparently now someone from ALA is speaking with me and refusing to identify themselves. Some people would find that a little fishy and I do know for a fact that the children have moved more than once. If there is a legitimate reason for this then you should not have a problem declaring it. As for my problem with "other peoples parenting" this child is very dear to my heart and my problem is with this set of parents and this set only. In fact it is not just myself, It is the vast majority of this blended family who is against how these people have raised this child I am merely the spokes person for them and there are quite a few of us - including family members of the "parents". Believe me, many people are talking to me and they are taking the time to be bothered with this situation. If you rely solely on the information that you have received from the parents of Amanda please believe me you should save your judgement until you know the entire story. So are you an employee of ALA or are you still afraid to reveal yourself?"

Yes, it is odd that this "spokesperson" for ALA is apparently reluctant to reveal their identity.  Why?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »
On 2004-04-06 19:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Paige, How are you a family member? Whats the relationship?

Yes, you have a right to be concerned and its good to take an interest and wise to look into things; But you do *seem* hostile and determined to find stuff to gripe about.

This is not the best way to be listened to or co operated with.

Yes, you are being judged on to little knowledge. Such is the unavoidable nature of open internet boards. I have the same problem; and so does everyone else. Best get used to it. "

Anon, seems to me this person "Paige" has asked you several times to tell her who you are but all you seemed concerned about is chastising her for coming across as "hostile".  Did it ever occur to you that not answering a direct question comes across as EVASIVE?

:???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2004, 11:44:00 PM »
Thank you for the information about the Embassy. I do appreciate you sharing this information with me. All of the Aunts, Uncles, numerous grandparents (adoptive and otherwise) and her brother who misses her and would like to be able to communicate with her will be most grateful.
Best Wishes
Paige

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
facts on ALA
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »
? I have never refused to speak to anyone involved with ALA?
My apologies then. I was given the distinct impression that you had declined my generous offer to speak with you anytime.

?someone from ALA is speaking with me and refusing to identify themselves. Some people would find that a little fishy?
Some might. Others understand the reason for it; the history of which, I am not about to go into yet again.

?I do know for a fact that the children have moved more than once.?
Then you know more than I do about it. I am only aware of one move; but even if their have been two or three, I am confident the reasons are perfectly reasonable. Again, the families know where the kids are; and there maybe good reason to withhold that information from the general public or extended family.

?the vast majority of this blended family who is against how these people have raised this child?
Exactly how many is this vast majority? How many out of how many? And I?d be interested in Why, though I don?t think a Public Internet Board is the place to disscuss it. I assume as concerned as you are for this student; you place Some value on her privacy.

?save your judgment until you know the entire story.?
I do a little doubt, you?ll meet many in your life, more aware than I, that there are two sides  to every story.  I like what Solomon tells us, every story sounds true, until you hear the other side. However, let me again point out - this is an Open Internet Board. Privacy is an issue. Please take this into consideration.

?So are you an employee of ALA or are you still afraid to reveal yourself??
I am not afraid to revel myself. The regulars know me, and I figured they?d tip you off if you couldn?t figure it out yourself. I no longer post with my name for reasons of my own, that have nothing whatsoever to do with ALA.
I am associated with ALA; but I?m not an employee in the sence you mean it. I?m more like a friend of the family.

I do believe I understand the basis for your concerns. I don?t discount them. If you could just relax a little; Turn down the volume so to speak, I do believe you?d have much more success in being herd; and having your fears very much lessened.  You may never agree,  but you could be much less worried.