Author Topic: DALLAS PEOPLE WHERE YOU BE?  (Read 28384 times)

Offline taureana

• View Profile
DALLAS PEOPLE WHERE YOU BE?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »
On 2004-04-02 19:36:00, janefromdallas wrote:

"I was in straight in dallas (los colinas i believe) from feb. 1989 to July, when i ran away. This is the first time that I've ever thought about searching for anything about straight online, and i am so happy to find stuff on the web about it. It was really a horrifying experience for me, even more so since I had never done drugs beforehand. I did them after though. I was convinced I was a drug addict by the time I ran away, I wasn even starting to remember doing them (???), but somewhere in my brain I knew I wanted out of there at the same time. I remember I dreamt about being locked back up in there every single night (not kidding) for the first six months afterwards, and then periodically for years later. Interested in talking with people who were there aroung the same time. Jane[ This Message was edited by: janefromdallas on 2004-04-02 20:19 ][ This Message was edited by: janefromdallas on 2004-04-02 20:22 ]"

Hey Jane, I think you were my newcomer for awhile.  I'm Kelly Clark.  Was there 08/08/1988 to late May 1989.  I walked after I turned 18.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »
Valorie,
well I was only in the irving location, Feb. 1989 for 5 months. I didn't realize they had moved from another location. While I was there, I think I remember a Sherri, (a petite girl with a blondish bob??),  who was dating one of the guys also on staff, maybe he was Cameron, sort of a country looking guy. I remember another staff person named Stephanie, maybe stephanie parks. She was my sponser for a couple of months after I ran away. Some guy named brad, but he wasnt there until maybe may or so. I have more trouble remember the girls' names than the staff people though. Im not sure if there was a valorie there, it doesn't ring a bell.
Jane

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »
Kelly,
yes, I think you were my first, what were they called, I think I was given to you when I first came in. I remember you being one of the nicer people to me and I remember you disappearing. I think you must have left around march or april? Is that what you said? Strange to get in touch with you after all this time.
jane

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »
"Oldcomer"

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2004, 12:21:00 AM »
On 2004-04-03 13:05:00, janefromdallas wrote:

"Valorie,

well I was only in the irving location, Feb. 1989 for 5 months. I didn't realize they had moved from another location. While I was there, I think I remember a Sherri, (a petite girl with a blondish bob??),  who was dating one of the guys also on staff, maybe he was Cameron, sort of a country looking guy. I remember another staff person named Stephanie, maybe stephanie parks. She was my sponser for a couple of months after I ran away. Some guy named brad, but he wasnt there until maybe may or so. I have more trouble remember the girls' names than the staff people though. Im not sure if there was a valorie there, it doesn't ring a bell.

Jane"

You're thinking of Shelly Beavers... She was very petite with short bob hair cut.  And she was dating Garrett Coy at the time, (very cute and nice guy).  I don't know what other staff member you could be talking about, a Stephanie.... can't remember.  So very long ago.  And I'm pretty sure that Valorie was gone by the time you got there.  She was one of my first oldcomers, may have even done my intake, I don't remember now.

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2004, 12:26:00 AM »
On 2004-04-03 13:11:00, janefromdallas wrote:

"Kelly,

yes, I think you were my first, what were they called, I think I was given to you when I first came in. I remember you being one of the nicer people to me and I remember you disappearing. I think you must have left around march or april? Is that what you said? Strange to get in touch with you after all this time.

jane"

I knew it!  Didn't your mom get a host home open before you made 2nd phase???  I somehow seem to remember staying at an apartment for a very short time... because the hostmom's daughter made 2nd phase, so I was moved somewhere else.  My mom lived too far away and so we never had a hosthome.  I got moved around to so many different places, everything tends to blend now.

Oh, and thanks for remembering that I was nice.  I tried really hard to be fair to my newcomers.  It's good to know that I was remembered in a positive way.

Glad to hear from you! :wave:

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »
Straight was a positive experience for many people.  :smile:

Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2004, 04:37:00 AM »
I dont' remember when my mom got a hosthome, but she did and it was in an apt. somewhere off of 635. I went there after 2nd phase I remember. I never knew that you stayed there before me, I dont think we were really told who was staying where or anything like that. But yeah, I remember you pretty well. I remember I would get yelled at all the time for doing cocaine and inhaling liquid paper, which I had never done, and I think you were the only one that seemed open to the possibility that I wasn't lying. That meant a lot to me.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »
Hey Kelly, I just wanted to tell you to email me if you want and we can talk more and catch up with each other. My email address is listed in my profile--Jane

Offline Opiod_Morphina

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »
Will my ice age ever come?
What in God\'s name have you done?
Stick your arm for some real fun
So your sickness weighs a ton
And God\'s name is smack for some

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »
Hey everyone.  I recognize quite a few names in this thread. My name is Patrick Carlow.  Just wanted to say sorry to everyone I help slammed to the floor or shoved my fist in their back. Hope everyone is doing good and making the best of a post straight life.  :smile:

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »
Hey Patrick, I remember you barely.  I think you graduated maybe days or weeks after I came in.  Dont recall exctly if you did graduate, but I think you did.  Anway, you were out close to when I came in.  If I am not mistaken, you were a trainee too.  Dunno...just correct me if I am wrong!

Welcome to the board!  You will find we know alot of the same people.  How are you feeling about Straight these days then?
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline patcar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »
Yep, I was a trainee.  After I commenced I got my 2 week vacation and went back home to Huntsville were I hung out with my two best friends.  I was supposed to come back and be a Jr Staff Member. I really didn't want to come back but I forced myself.  I remember after getting back staying up all night trying to decide what to do.  By morning I had packed my bags and drove straight back to Huntsville. I'm pretty glad now I made that decision.

I don't think about Straight much anymore but sometimes I find myself practicing sitting up straight with my hands on my knees and back off the chair. (weird huh?)  After reading over this message board I think I've decided I don't give Straight enough credit for being as screwed up as I am in some ways. Oh well, it's funny the things you remember.
[ This Message was edited by: patcar on 2004-04-16 07:57 ]
an I clear somethin up?

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick, how are you????  Good to see you on the board.

Hope that you and your family are doing well.

Hugs,
Kelly[ This Message was edited by: taureana on 2004-04-17 12:03 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2004, 03:30:00 AM »
Patrick Carlow... You were my oldcomer along with DonnyRoach, and the last time  I saw you was when Mike Gattis and I were doing market research...er I mean working at the taco bell on beltline in Irving, I seem to remember you falling from grace in some way shape or form? any way my name is Todd Brown. Mabe you remember mabe not.
anyway hows shit in your neck of the woods?