Author Topic: AA Abundant Life Academy  (Read 46373 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #240 on: April 12, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »
On 2004-03-30 10:33:00, Deborah wrote:

"

You're dumber than dirt. I have a login and you didn't answer my questions.

Name calling is is very immature.  No wonder your postings are not to be taken seriously.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »
On 2004-03-30 19:27:00, Deborah wrote:

"Craig wrote:

Thanks for the lecture professor! You sound just like a Program Director. However, instead of a school for troubled teens, you are trying to run a program for troubled teen helpers. The problem is that you are using the same style and techniques that the troubled teen programs use. I thought you were against that. The hypocracy comes out! It always does. ****

Craig dear,

I'm not a christian, so don't get the wrong idea here... but 'god' musta been speaking to my mother when she named me.

Damn, notice any resemblence? I proclaimed victory when you chose to default and ignore my questions.

"

You are the only one you are fooling with you self flattery.  You have nothing in common with the individuals named Deborah that you mention.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »
On 2004-03-30 21:13:00, Deborah wrote:

"

Yeh, I'm an alcoholic and Aparicio is a drug abuser.   ::cheers::

So many questions. So few answers. So many left to wonder."

The real question is, are you a big enough person to get help with your problems, as are the parents who realize they need help with their kids, or do you pretend it will go away by ignoring it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #243 on: April 12, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »
On 2004-04-11 08:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
This is absolutely not true. I know of a student there who is receiving email from the several youth pastors at her church, as well as various family members and friends. So, where ever this notion came from that there is no communication, it is not true.

That sounds very cultish to me.  The kids are being "brainwashed" to accept Christ.  Forced beleif.  If one is being held captive and only allowed to speak with those who share the ideas and philosophys of the group, insn't what cult behavior?

ALA sounds like a cult to me."

Proverbs 15:2

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »
God bless you Craig. You and ALA are doing a great thing. Jesus was critisized for what He was doing to help others. Count it all joy when you are persecuted for doing what is right. The more He did to help others, the more He was persecuted, so I guess that means you are in excellent company!

How you can compare Craig to Jesus is beyond me.  I don't recall Jesus ever locking anyone up for any reason.  I do know he prayed for those who needed prayer, but never did he hold people against their will and try to force them to accept his views.   What Craig is doing has nothing to do with Jesus and everything to do with money.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »
On 2004-04-11 18:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
The difference being, is these kids have the opportunity to repent, be forgiven, and make good choices.

Anon, what if there choice is not to repent?    Then what do you do?  What if, given they have free will as you say they do, what if they chose not to believe in God.  

What is your definition of a good choice?  I mean, how will you ever consider their choices to be good, if their first choice is not to believe in God."

That is their choice.  God gives us all free will to choose Him or not to choose Him.  However, there is no eternal life apart from God.  For you who do not believe this, are you willing to stake your eternal salvation on you being right and me being wrong?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #246 on: April 12, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »
On 2004-04-11 19:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
What is your definition of a good choice?  I mean, how will you ever consider their choices to be good, if their first choice is not to believe in God."

And there it is......you can't make good choices unless you believe in God?!?!?!?!"

Proverbs 15:33

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #247 on: April 12, 2004, 03:14:00 PM »
Please dont' throw Bible verses at me...I don't speak Bible.  If there is a point you are trying to make, please state it.

God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
http://www.perlservices.com' target='_new'>Perl Services

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »
On 2004-04-12 11:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
God bless you Craig. You and ALA are doing a great thing. Jesus was critisized for what He was doing to help others. Count it all joy when you are persecuted for doing what is right. The more He did to help others, the more He was persecuted, so I guess that means you are in excellent company!

How you can compare Craig to Jesus is beyond me.  

Then trying to explain it to you any more wouldn't get through.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #249 on: April 12, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »
"
The difference being, is these kids have the opportunity to repent, be forgiven, and make good choices.  

Anon, what if there choice is not to repent? Then what do you do? What if, given they have free will as you say they do, what if they chose not to believe in God.

What is your definition of a good choice? I mean, how will you ever consider their choices to be good, if their first choice is not to believe in God."

That is their choice. God gives us all free will to choose Him or not to choose Him. However, there is no eternal life apart from God. For you who do not believe this, are you willing to stake your eternal salvation on you being right and me being wrong?

I know there is no eteranal salvation without God.  But we can not force others to accept Him no matter how hard we try and no matter how bad we want it for them.  It just does not work that way.  
I am a Christian.  That is my choice.  But that does not mean I can force that choice on others, not even on my own children.  If you force them to chose him, then you have chosen Him for them, they have not chosen Him for themselves.  Don't you get it?

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #250 on: April 12, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »
However, there is no eternal life apart from God.  For you who do not believe this, are you willing to stake your eternal salvation on you being right and me being wrong?"

Yes, I am.  

All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land.
--William Kingdon Clifford

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #251 on: April 12, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »
"

However, there is no eternal life apart from God.  For you who do not believe this, are you willing to stake your eternal salvation on you being right and me being wrong?"

I actually do believe this, though I would imagine that your image of what God is probably differs from mine.

I don't need to know that I'm right and I don't need for you to be wrong. I have faith. I had faith in my daughter to sort things out and quit acting wrecklessly and she did. I didn't need to skirt laws and scrutiny to force my kid to do what I thought God would want. She has her own free will, her own God given good sense and her own eternal and not-so eternal life.

The sadist cannot stand the separation of the public and the private; nor can he grant to others the mystery of their personality, the validity of their inner self...in order for him to feel his maximum power, he wants the world to be peopled with concrete manipulatable objects...
-- ERNEST BECKER, The Structure of Evil, 1968.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »
Face it, without kids, the God Squad would be out of a job.  

::bangin::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »
On 2004-04-12 13:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Face it, without kids, the God Squad would be out of a job.  

::bangin:: "

Maybe it is without zealot parents the god squad would be out of business, not the kids.

Anybody heard of the inquisition?

Did Jesus ever put anyone in lock up or in a facility for not believing everything he said or not acting the way he thought they should?

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »
I can't think of anything more boring than interacting with a rabid fundamentalist. That said...

Anon, you wrote:
"Jesus was critisized for what He was doing to help others."

Jesus reportedly hung out with the robbers, prostitutes, and murders. I don't recall him leading a campaign to round them all up and incarcerate them for their "bad choices". First Century Christianity- what Jesus taught before it had a name- looked nothing like what we have today. You'd do well to study the direct quotes of the man and leave the rest alone.

"No parent would be merry finding themselves in this situation."

You are absoulutely wrong. I've met and talked to many a parent who were thrilled to have their "lives" back- the life their kid was "ruining".

"As far as how the kids are treated, unless you personally have been there, there is no basis for your comments. They are merely your opinion, and deffinately not facts."

When a person is held incommunicado I liken that to prison. I made no mention of "how the kids are treated" at ALA. Please, if you want to interact with me, take the time to read what I write and don't misquote me. You waste mine and everyone else's time blabbering about your imaginings. I understand as one of Rogers' zealots, you are excited to be here defending him- god knows he did a poor job himself- but the reasonable thing to do is PAY ATTENTION, don't misquote, don't go off on irrelevant tangents. Or btw, preach to those who are not interested.  

"There is a difference between making money and being a money maker."

Distraction? Or did you miss the point again? Craig said he didn't make money. I inquired as to how he paid his bills. I didn't ask a third party for her philosophical view on money. Are you Craig's official spokesperson?

"You are the only one you are fooling with you self flattery. You have nothing in common with the individuals named Deborah that you mention."

And Craig has nothing in common with Jesus. Did you miss Mr Rogers self-aggrandizing post? But, then I guess that is different?? I relate very much to that character and I don't need your holier-than-thou approval.

"The real question is, are you a big enough person to get help with your problems, as are the parents who realize they need help with their kids, or do you pretend it will go away by ignoring it?"

Lighten up. You take things so literally, just like a fundamentalist. I have no substance abuse issues... only in Craig's mind. I feel pretty certain that anyone who disagrees with the man gets that label. He ain't god and he ain't no psychic either. Just another clever manipulator. Or maybe he is just dumber than dirt.

You know nothing about me. Don't even attempt to toss your blanket ASSumptions this way. I went through hell and back with my son who arrived at my house with PTSD. Instilled by the teen warehouse his father shipped him to.  It is due to my patience and unconditional love that he is making pro-life choices today. I give myself a blue ribbon for that, and to any other parent who follows their teen across the coals instead of shipping them off to zealots- religious or psychiatric.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700