Author Topic: AA Abundant Life Academy  (Read 47206 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2004, 09:07:00 AM »
Oh, yeah.  That was me again (Julie C.)

Sorry, I was lazy.  Logging in's a pain in the butt. :smile:

Julie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »
Ok, http://fornits.com/quotes.php?julie

Can I link it to your profile instead? That would be better. I was looking over some of your old posts and they really are worth reading.

But I didn't stumble accross anything about how you came onto your interest in this topic. I'd love to know. I'm always trying to find effective ways to draw interest from the general public; people w/o firsthand experience w/ these programs.

BTW, if you log in and then go into your preferences, you can select "Store my username in a cookie for 1 year" to save the trouble of logging in.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
--Hermann Goering, Luftwaffe commander, sentenced to death at Nuremberg

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »
Ah.  Well, I write science fiction, and that generally means hanging around with the SFF fan community ("Fandom" or "fen").  There's a female SF fan who got shipped off to one of these places by her mother last summer.

Now, I don't know this girl personally, but fandom is a small world and there are a lot of people in it who do know her.  I believe they have a pretty clear handle on what she was and wasn't doing, and they're virtually universally of the opinion that the things she really was doing were trivial, and the other things her mother and stepdad thought she was doing was in mom and stepdad's imagination.

I don't want to go into details until after October of this year, because I'm worried that anything I say in a public forum could cause repercussions for the girl.

Anyway, I and the rest of the section of fandom that knew this girl (or shared a lot of mutual friends with her) were shocked and appalled to discover that what her parents did was legal, and was happening to a large number of other children who probably hadn't done anymore to deserve that kind of treatment than she did.

I guess all it takes is running into a case where you know the kid (or know the people who know the kid well enough to take their word for it) and know that particular kid was sent away for stupid reasons.

The worst part is that this kid is almost certainly gifted and talented, and had an incredibly bright future ahead of her, and now the nightmare where she's spending her senior year isn't even accredited.

Julie

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »
Julie, you are among my intended audience for these sites. All the while during endless Seed open meetings as a kid and in group at Straight, my dearest fantasy (aside from those involving various of the male clients) was to drag the discussion out into the more commonly accepted reality. I think that's happening more and more these days and I think it will prove to be the death knell for these lunatic cults.

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0826400035/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Gandhi

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »
Thanks for coming here Julie. When the genereal public gets concerned about the program, we survivors raise a toast to you in victory.

You see, for over 30 years pretty much no one gave a damn. Drugs were bad, kids needed fixing, and these programs fixed them. When you complained it fell on deaf ears.

No more. The word is getting out. You are proof of that. Thank you.

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2004, 11:27:00 PM »

You see, for over 30 years pretty much no one gave a damn. Drugs were bad, kids needed fixing, and these programs fixed them. When you complained it fell on deaf ears.
"

And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »
Scooby-do-be-doo, we got work ta' do!

I was just poking around down here looking for an answer from Julie. Can I? Can I? If you're alright with it, I could even assign all of your anon posts to your username. `sup ta' you.

Rulers who wish to subvert the public liberty may have found an established clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just government, instituted to secure and perpetuate it, needs them not.
http://www.law.ou.edu/hist/remon.html' target='_new'>James Madison, "A Memorial and Remonstrance", 1785

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »
Just reading some of this over.

There is an answer, and His name is Jesus. God is calling parents of this nation to drawn a line in the sand, and begin to repent from our mistakes and allow Him to restore our children. It is not too late. We can stop the progression of the disease called ?entitlementitis!? What we first do is stop what we have been doing for a long time. Stop rescuing your child. Stop giving him/her excuses. Let him/her take responsibility for their choices. It is time to relearn, restore, and redeem what has been lost. We need to get down on our knees and ask for forgiveness and cry out to God for wisdom. We need to come together, as the Body of Christ, and make a clean cut from the ways of the world. We have to surrender, and get ready to make some sacrifices. True prosperity will come to those who seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness first. We need to return to the priorities, and that is to live a life surrendered to the will and purpose of God.

http://www.abundantlifeacademy.com/lead ... ition.html

Then it goes on some more about "entitlementitis" and how to deal w/ it. First, as I recall from my childhood schooling, God said to raise up a child in the way that he should go and in his old age he shall not depart from it. Not word one about shipping your kids off to live among the zealots.

But the whole thing just reminded me of an odd exchange my daughter and I had w/ a local kid the first summer we were here. They had a lemonaid stand going, but there was a big summer storm rolling in. The conversation turned to the weather and, naturally enough, to the kinds of questions that little kids think to ask. My daughter asked why thunder happens. The other kid just puffs up his chest and draws in a breath like he's about to deliver the fruit of his hard work at studying weather. I was sincerely prepared to be impressed. Instead he belts out "Cause God makes it thunder!" then grinns with the kind of pride that rightly goes w/ hard accomplishment.

That's what this paragraph looks like to me. And it's the darkest kind of humor to be found in this whole carnival. Apparently, even in this day and age, you can sell anything to some ppl if you just throw in a little Biblebabble. Sort of like an open-secret handshake. Come to think of it, much like the Shriners.

[taking cover]

For the community to have 10% to 25% of its men unable to vote or unable to access credit or other privileges of citizenship for the rest of their lives in some states creates a permanently diminished
group within society.
http://www.urban.org/authors/travis.html' target='_new'>Jeremy Travis, Urban Institute

Offline Timoclea

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2004, 10:59:00 PM »
On 2004-04-05 18:39:00, Antigen wrote:

"Scooby-do-be-doo, we got work ta' do!

I was just poking around down here looking for an answer from Julie. Can I? Can I? If you're alright with it, I could even assign all of your anon posts to your username. `sup ta' you.

Rulers who wish to subvert the public liberty may have found an established clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just government, instituted to secure and perpetuate it, needs them not.
http://www.law.ou.edu/hist/remon.html' target='_new'>James Madison, "A Memorial and Remonstrance", 1785

"

Um...maybe in November.  But I told it to cookie me in, so that should keep me logged in more.

Julie

Just because you do not take an interest in politics, doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684863952/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> PERICLES (430 BC)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »
Yeah, how about that case of the pentacostal mom who stoned her 2 boys to death and left a 3rd, the youngest, nearly blind and unable to walk except with the aid of a walker because "God" told her to do it?  5 psychiatritsts found her legally insane, opening the door to the jury to find her not guilty by reason of insanity.  Personally, I don't buy it.  The woman called 9-1-1 after the killing, which in my eyes says she knew she did something wrong in the eyes of the law.  Plus, she stopped short of killing the youngest, saying God would just have to finish the job.  Would you feel safe living in the same home, community with this person once she gets out of the mental institution knowing her "faith" is so twisted 2 innocent children are dead and a 3rd maimed for life?  I feel terrible about the brutal way these children were killed and that her friends and family all testified that the lady had no prior history of bizarre thoughts or behavior.  What is wrong with the state of Texas, is it open season on children in the name of God?

:cry:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »
One other thing, the Texas mom who drowned her kids, one-by-one, she didn't meet the standards for being legally insane.  Got sentenced to life in prison while the other mom got sentenced to "treatment".  

:roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #191 on: April 06, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »
I prefer the use of Guilty but mentally  ill. And such a one should never be loosed upon society again. They are just to dangerious.
Its a mistake to balme this horrendious act on her Christan faith. Yes, I know both she and Andera Yates and others, have done terrible acts saying God told them to; or somehow assocating it with their faith. But its the mental illness that causes the act; and if they had no faith at all, they would say aliens or Satan gave the order.

Offline The Butcher

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #192 on: April 06, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »
That horrid, cowardly bitch deserves to have her goddamned head hacked off!  ::stab::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #193 on: April 06, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »
According to testimony, Laney led two of her sons to a rock garden and crushed their skulls with heavy stones because she believed God commanded it. She also believed that she and Andrea Yates, the Houston mother serving a life sentence for drowning her 5 children, were chosen by God to witness the imminent end of the world.

Interesting both these murdering moms had psychotic breaks resulting in commands to kill their own children, one by drowning and the other by stoning.  Cruel, tortuous deaths, carried out by executioners who only hours before had been loving, nurturing mothers.

:eek:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #194 on: April 06, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »
The verdict should have been GUILTY by reason of insanity.  2 kids are dead, and a small child left with life-long disabilities.  Now that the mother is on medication to control her delusions, will the children get a second chance?  No, they won't, death is permanent.

:flame: