Author Topic: CEDU kid that hung himself recently?  (Read 16762 times)

Offline HandsOutLight

• View Profile
    • http://www.mentalhealthdirection.com
CEDU kid that hung himself recently?
« on: March 14, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »
I'm out of the closet - I'm a former CEDU Therapist too. May the Great Spirit forgive me. I heard a boy hung himself again (recently) at RMA or BCA. Any truth to that?

A lady told me the parents fly in on a corporte jet. I knew a boy and family like that.

Does anyone know who it was? I would be very sad, but I must have the truth so I can grieve or let it go.  :cry:

Light
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
trength And Beauty Come From Us - Not From Tyranny

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »
You used to be a therapist at CEDU? Please enlightten me on how  you did your "therapy". I used to go to CEDU.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »
Gosh, any way we can get an answer to the question about whether a boy committed suicide or not at one of these programs mentioned?

:eek:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »
Well,
Thanks for the help in disseminating my case. You can indeed be enlightened. About 10 years ago a kid hung himself at RMA. They decided after that, that their liability would be reduced on such issues as suicide and homicide (as in the Riot at NWA) if they brought a therapist on board. They brought in this Guy, a PHD ****d Roy who tried to explain to the staff that certain kids had to be treated differently i.e. You couldn't just yell at kids with anxiety problems, you couldn't just have depressed kids doing writing assignments about how terrible they are, you couldn't put kids with broken arms (broken by staff while trying to escape verbal abuse in a Rap) on work assignments to re break their arm and continue to work with a broken arm. After 10 years they still listened to him, but largely ignored his advice.

When the State kept coming down on RMA BCA and NWA, because of charges or rape, sexual, verbal, abuse and racketeering, 9as cited in Spokesman Review articles on ?teen liberty.org. therapists began to be hired and worked at all the schools in a "Clinical Services Department" that billed the parents $120.00 for each therapy session.

Now each school has a clinical services department, each with up to 6 therapists to handle the consequences of the abusive treatment. When the program and staff drives a kid to be homicidal or suicidal, a therapist will be asked to repair the damage, failing that we contacted Dr Ulrich -the psychiatrist.

Dr Ulrich would give final approval if hospitalization was warranted. As he owned a private practice, handled the psychiatric needs of all the kids at the local CEDU schools, and was he Vice President of the Mental Hospital - NIBH (North Idaho Behavioral Health; he had a unique conflict of interest that was very profitable.

If the kids could be drugged enough to stand the CEDU schools, then they could be evaluated at NIBH and stay there for a long time at about a thousand dollars a day. then when they were drugged enough to come back to a CEDU school in North Idaho and survive the mental torture, he would see the kids weekly, at around 150 a pop for about 10 minutes, and often they would then be transported down to NIBH (at a high cost to parents) to see his therapists in Coeur d'Alene.

He would make money in three areas by being the psychotropic dealer and getting influence and financial gain in his practice, at CEDU and at the hospital called NIBH.

Regarding the therapy I used. It was multi-facetted - Cognitive, Lazerian, Rogerian Relational, Systems Work in Minuchin Structural Family Therapy and Whittakerian Family Psychodrama and Postmodern methods such as Narrative and Solution Based processes as developed by Kim Berg, Selikman, Duncan et al. I am mostly a Carl Rogers man ? I focus on the relationship and providing ?unconditional positive regard.? Consequently, often I just provided a safe and nurturing place for boys and girls to escape the cultish crazy-making tyranny of the program and power hungry untrained staff. Like others before me - I left when my physical and psychological life was on the line from experiencing the torture and treachery of me and the kids.

Adequate illumination?
Light

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »
Anonymity Anonymous

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2004-03-18 16:24 ]
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »
One of the kids that is or was once at one of the schools died in a car accident - I have heard nothing of another suicide - thank God

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 11:46:00 PM »
Great Quote from ol Abe Ginger - That's a keeper

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 09:11:00 AM »
On 2004-03-19 20:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Great Quote from ol Abe Ginger - That's a keeper"

Ironic, isn't it? Good ol'e Abe was the first to officially suspend the Constitution to prevent states from seceding from the Union. In effect, the Civil War was an invasion of a neighboring country. But he was right, of course. Once that power has been assumed, here we are occupying 70% of the planet.

After all, who wouldn't prefer Middle Earth, unless they've been corrupted by a Ring of Power?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/elkins/elkins73.html' target='_new'>December 24, 2002

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »
Frequent poster

Posted: 2003-12-02 15:08:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 http://www.nospank.net/boot.htm
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... forum=11&9
http://teenliberty.org/RMA.htm
http://teenliberty.org/ACAPN.htm
http://pub57.ezboard.com/fwevebeentherefrm7
http://teenliberty.org/
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewforum.php?forum=11
http://teenliberty.org/Voices.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »
On 2004-03-20 06:11:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2004-03-19 20:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Great Quote from ol Abe Ginger - That's a keeper"

Ironic, isn't it? Good ol'e Abe was the first to officially suspend the Constitution to prevent states from seceding from the Union. In effect, the Civil War was an invasion of a neighboring country. But he was right, of course. Once that power has been assumed, here we are occupying 70% of the planet.

And the carnage continues with Bush and an imperialist agenda trying to comtrol all the resourceds in the world and convert them to the slavery to the corporation that we call freedom.

After all, who wouldn't prefer Middle Earth, unless they've been corrupted by a Ring of Power?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/elkins/elkins73.html' target='_new'>December 24, 2002

"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »
Americans will not escape slavery.  We will be paying for the debt of this country for many generations to come through inflation and taxation. Working more hours for less money is not my idea of freedom.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »
Well,
Thanks for the help in disseminating my case. You can indeed be enlightened. About 10 years ago a kid hung himself at RMA. They decided after that, that their liability would be reduced on such issues as suicide and homicide (as in the Riot at NWA) if they brought a therapist on board. They brought in this Guy, a PHD ****d Roy who tried to explain to the staff that certain kids had to be treated differently i.e. You couldn't just yell at kids with anxiety problems, you couldn't just have depressed kids doing writing assignments about how terrible they are, you couldn't put kids with broken arms (broken by staff while trying to escape verbal abuse in a Rap) on work assignments to re break their arm and continue to work with a broken arm. After 10 years they still listened to him, but largely ignored his advice.

When the State kept coming down on RMA BCA and NWA, because of charges or rape, sexual, verbal, abuse and racketeering, 9as cited in Spokesman Review articles on ?teen liberty.org. therapists began to be hired and worked at all the schools in a "Clinical Services Department" that billed the parents $120.00 for each therapy session.

Now each school has a clinical services department, each with up to 6 therapists to handle the consequences of the abusive treatment. When the program and staff drives a kid to be homicidal or suicidal, a therapist will be asked to repair the damage, failing that we contacted Dr Ulrich -the psychiatrist.

Dr Ulrich would give final approval if hospitalization was warranted. As he owned a private practice, handled the psychiatric needs of all the kids at the local CEDU schools, and was he Vice President of the Mental Hospital - NIBH (North Idaho Behavioral Health; he had a unique conflict of interest that was very profitable.

If the kids could be drugged enough to stand the CEDU schools, then they could be evaluated at NIBH and stay there for a long time at about a thousand dollars a day. then when they were drugged enough to come back to a CEDU school in North Idaho and survive the mental torture, he would see the kids weekly, at around 150 a pop for about 10 minutes, and often they would then be transported down to NIBH (at a high cost to parents) to see his therapists in Coeur d'Alene.

He would make money in three areas by being the psychotropic dealer and getting influence and financial gain in his practice, at CEDU and at the hospital called NIBH.

Regarding the therapy I used. It was multi-facetted - Cognitive, Lazerian, Rogerian Relational, Systems Work in Minuchin Structural Family Therapy and Whittakerian Family Psychodrama and Postmodern methods such as Narrative and Solution Based processes as developed by Kim Berg, Selikman, Duncan et al. I am mostly a Carl Rogers man ? I focus on the relationship and providing ?unconditional positive regard.? Consequently, often I just provided a safe and nurturing place for boys and girls to escape the cultish crazy-making tyranny of the program and power hungry untrained staff. Like others before me - I left when my physical and psychological life was on the line from experiencing the torture and treachery of me and the kids.

Adequate illumination?
Light

Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... rt=D#40257

Anonymous
Unregistered User Posted: 2004-03-16 09:39:00  
 Gosh, any way we can get an answer to the question about whether a boy committed suicide or not at one of these programs mentioned?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »
Your information is very accurate.  You were obviously there.  Remember when Ullrich changed his hospital to IBHI (I Be High)?  We really had to laugh at that one.  Freudean slip?  I think so.  Ullrich change the name a week or two later to NIBH.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »
I was at BCA from in the mid ninties. When I arrived there were just a few of us there, it is true that a kid did kill himself. He lived up the road at RMA. He hung himself from the big water lines running from each room. Suicide was nothing new there. Plenty of people tried. It was pretty common. Lots of kids had to be rushed to the Hospital for drinking toxic chemicials, or from cutting themselves.  CPS(child protection services) was also pretty common. Lots of kids were hurt in restraints and other physical confrontations. I belive that  CEDU has potential to be a life altering experience. However, the problem is that you get a lot of shitty staff, who abuse their power. Which is almost criminal in nature. To have a job, in which you are not fit to perform, a job that gives you total influence in other peoples minds, childrens minds, is in my opinion not only criminal, it is flat out burn in hell wrong.

Offline Antibody?

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2004, 01:37:00 AM »
[Quote
 "I was at BCA from in the mid ninties. When I arrived there were just a few of us there, it is true that a kid did kill himself. He lived up the road at RMA. He hung himself from the big water lines running from each room. Suicide was nothing new there. Plenty of people tried. It was pretty common. Lots of kids had to be rushed to the Hospital for drinking toxic chemicials, or from cutting themselves. CPS(child protection services) was also pretty common. Lots of kids were hurt in restraints and other physical confrontations. I belive that CEDU has potential to be a life altering experience. However, the problem is that you get a lot of shitty staff, who abuse their power. Which is almost criminal in nature. To have a job, in which you are not fit to perform, a job that gives you total influence in other peoples minds, childrens minds, is in my opinion not only criminal, it is flat out burn in hell wrong.