Author Topic: Breaking News Story on Teen Advocates USA  (Read 42201 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Breaking News Story on Teen Advocates USA
« Reply #345 on: January 19, 2005, 12:22:00 AM »
Can I just say I'm Shocked at the stupidity of the Cedar City Police that they would put a mental handicapped person in custody with murderers. and I was told so often that the murder was these boys first violent crime, i almost, almost beleived it. Yet while still in custody Jesse Simmons doesn't hesitate to be violent atgain. This will be in 1/18/2005 Spectrum Daily news!

Posted January 18, 2005 4:29 PM.

Murder Suspect In Trouble In Jail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesse Simmons, who pleaded guilty in December to killing his group home counselor, was one of three suspects in an alleged assault that took place at the Iron County Jail.

Iron County Interim Jail Captain Brad Spencer said a report has been filed with the Iron County Attorney?s Office and Simmons, Lazaro Aguilar, 23, and a male juvenile offender, 17, could all be charged with assault by a prisoner.

The alleged incident took place when the inmates were having time in the community area and they were not supposed to be in any cells. Two of the inmates beat the victim while another held the door of a cell shut.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 19, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »
Can you be more specific about what happened and to whom? I just read the article and can't say that I'm incredibly shocked, but i'd like to know more?

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 19, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »
Obviously the "program" didn't work for Jesse. It just made him more mentally fragmented. Violence begets violence. When dangerous behavior modification has been implemented by unskilled people psychological horror can result.
This behavior is an example of the dangerous after-effects of the brutal behavior modification used in teen programs and the accompanying psychotropic drugs.

You folks from Cedar City need to realize that these horrific Utah youth programs are psychologically damaging children.  Jesse is an example and there are many others. Why don't you do something about the real issue?  

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The people who ran straight had the best of intentions. I hope they reached their destination.

http://stopsembler.org/' target='_new'>James Lloyd

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 19, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »
Just a note: I was in Cedar City during the holidays and stayed in the new Hampton Inn. I spoke to many of the locals about the killing of the staff member and NO ONE knew anything about it. I spoke to at least 10 local people. They don't even know what's going on in their own town. I also asked several who was elected governor. No one knew. UNBELIEVABLE STUPIDITY and ignorance is one of the reasons the people of Utah sit back and allow the physical and psychological torture of children in their state.

For those of you who don't know - It's Jon Huntsman  - mega billion-aire.[ This Message was edited by: nite owl on 2005-01-19 10:37 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 20, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »
The victim in jail who was beaten was a 22 year old mentally handicapped man, with an actuall age of a 12 year old! He was arressted for some misdemeanor(theft?) Why???? Would they put a handicapped person in the regular jail?? It makes no sense!!  Apparently they beat him up just because!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 20, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »
Teen suspected in possible assault at Iron County Jail

By ELIZABETH MILLER
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simmons

CEDAR CITY -- Jesse Simmons, who pleaded guilty in December to killing his group home counselor, was one of three suspects in an alleged assault that took place at the Iron County Jail.

Iron County Interim Jail Captain Brad Spencer said a report has been filed with the Iron County Attorney's Office and Simmons, Lazaro Aguilar, 23, and a male juvenile offender, 17, could all be charged with assault by a prisoner.

The alleged incident took place when the inmates were having time in the community area and they were not supposed to be in any cells.

"They are not supposed to go in their rooms and in this instance they did," he said. "One of the guys involved was holding the door shut and the other two inmates were doing the assaulting."

Spencer said in addition to criminal charges, there has been administrative discipline within the jail.

"Simmons is serving some punitive isolation time because of the fight," he said. "(The juvenile) received the same as Jesse and the other. He hasn't been processed through, but his hearing is tomorrow. He's the one who held the door shut so the victim couldn't get out of his cell."

Although Aguilar's administrative hearing hasn't taken place, he is already in an isolated cell.

The victim was treated for bumps and bruises to his head and also a dislocated shoulder. He was released from Valley View Medical Center the same day and has now been released from the jail.

Spencer said although there is not a clear motive, he believes the assault took place because the victim was viewed as an easy target.

All the individuals were in the B-block, considered a special management area, when the incident happened. The juvenile is incarcerated at the jail because while he was in the juvenile detention center, he allegedly assaulted a staff member.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 21, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »
Isolation as a punitive measure..... The courts in Utah are quick to incarcerate people - obvioulsy this young man who was beaten should not have been in jail.  
Also Jesse may be showing the horrific after-effects of behavior modification and brain f-ing from the youth program he was privately incarcerated in.  

Take feeling of betrayal and abandoment mix it with months of isolation from the outside world, take away family and friends and then throw in some warped behavior modification and some psychotropic drugs.
Is anyone surprised with this outcome?  Would anyone be completely sane and happy?  I doubt it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 01, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »
I got a new trick for ya

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 15, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »
This is the adgenda for the meeting where the newly appointed director of human sercices will speak on her vision for the future.                      

Utah State Legislature

Office of Legislative Research & General Counsel

Michael E. Christensen

Director

M. Gay Taylor

General Counsel
 Utah State Capitol Complex

House Building, Suite W210

PO Box 145210

Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-5210
 (801) 538-1032 ? fax 538-1712

http://le.utah.gov

Notice of Meeting

Health and Human Services Interim Committee

The committee chairs have scheduled the following meeting:

DATE:    Wednesday, April 20, 2005

TIME:     8:00 a.m.

PLACE:Room W020 House Building

An agenda follows this notice. If committee members would like to be excused from the meeting, they may call Mark Andrews or Joy Miller at 538-1032.

Prepared April 6, 2005

AGENDA

HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES INTERIM COMMITTEE

UTAH LEGISLATURE

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 ? 8:00 a.m. ? Room W020 House Building

Approximate

Time Frame

8:00      1.     Committee Business

?Call to order

?Approval of the minutes of the November 10, 2004 meeting

8:05      2.     Utah Department of Health

Dr. David Sundwall is the newly appointed Executive Director of the Utah Department of Health.

Dr. Sundwall has been invited by the Committee to share his vision for the Department's future and identify any issues he may wish the Committee to study.

?    Dr. David Sundwall, Executive Director, Utah Department of Health

8:45      3.     Sunset Review?Utah Department of Health

Under the Legislative Oversight and Sunset Act, the Utah Department of Health is scheduled for repeal July 1, 2006. The Committee will begin to identify issues it would like the Department to report on at a later time as part of the sunset review process.

?    Staff Presentation

?    Committee Discussion

9:00      4.     Utah Department of Human Services

Ms. Lisa-Michele Church is the newly appointed Executive Director of the Utah Department of Human Services. Ms. Church has been invited by the Committee to share her vision for the Department's future and identify any issues she may wish the Interim Committee to study.

?    Ms. Lisa-Michele Church, Executive Director, Utah Department of Human Services

9:40      5.     Interim Study Agenda

The Committee will identify potential interim study topics.

?    Committee Discussion

10:00    6.     Other Business

10:05    7.     Adjourn

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 18, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »
So what happened to the Department of Health and Human Services - did it branch off into two separate entities. Is Ken Stettler gone?  Does anyone know?  That would be quite excellent.  Are these people at all knowledgeable of the thriving and abusive Utah teen Industry?

There never was a good war or a bad peace.

--Benjamin Franklin, (1773)

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 24, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »
I heard of a Mike Rios who was in the Roloff Homes from way back when.
I saw him listed as some one on the other page connected to this facility.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 24, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »
Sorry meant to put the link and quote of it in. I was skimming through and noticed Mike Rios's name and knew that in the Roloff Group Homes, there had been a man name of Mike Rios. not sure if that relates or not.

http://www.fornits.baremetal.com/wwf/vi ... &forum=9&9

On 2004-03-10 21:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Not much info.  It's not a wwasp/cedu/aspen affiliate that I can see:

Registrant:

Lucid Design

P.O. Box 277

St. George, Utah 84771

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com

Domain Name: MAXIMUMLIFESKILLS.COM

Created on: 11-Mar-03

Expires on: 11-Mar-06

Last Updated on: 11-Mar-03

Administrative Contact:

Rios, Mike [email protected]

Lucid Design

P.O. Box 277

St. George, Utah 84771

United States

(435) 229-6085 Fax -- (435) 673-0447

"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 03, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »
hey .... you i went to maximumlife skills academy for 10 months and the ahquins changed my life for the better dont blame the councelors for what happened blame sean. i lived with sean and he didnt seem like the person to do such a thing but i guess he did. he  was scheduled to go home in a few weeks but he was caught cheating on a test. he was found not ready to enter back into the world so he took matters into his own hands. stupid kid