Author Topic: 1st US child abuse case  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
1st US child abuse case
« on: June 25, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »
The first US child abuse case involved a little orphan girl from the early 1900's.  A social worker found her in an apartment standing on a stool scrubbing pots/pans.  She had bruses, burns and scars all over her.  In the beginning the social worker was unable to do anything because there were no laws protecting children from abuse.  But animals did have rights and legal protection from abuse.  So the social worker and a bright attorney declared the little girl an animal and filed charges on the foster parents for abusing an animal.  They WON!!  The foster parents went to prison, the girl was put in a loving home and grew up, got married and had kids of her own and she never abused them.
shortly after her case laws protecting children were put into effect.  This was less than 100 years ago.  Less than 50 years ago blacks were jailed for drinking from a white water fountain.  Less than 30 years ago some US states allowed a husband to disipline his wife with a stick as long as the stick was 1/4 inch thick or less.
We've come a long way as a nation, but there is still a lot more to change.

"Evil prevails when good people do nothing"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
1st US child abuse case
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 12:40:00 AM »
Too bad we are moving backwards..

Hows Co. ?
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
1st US child abuse case
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »
Yeah, too bad.

We need to move forwards behind our conservative-religious leadership into a new century!

::puke::
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
1st US child abuse case
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 05:38:00 AM »
No, I need to go live off the land deep in the mountains and grow my own food and pot and shoot anything I see that moves...Mabey Ill get Ted Nugent to train me in Survivalism ...lol

*Orders a subscription to Soldier of Fortune and slips off into the brush*
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
1st US child abuse case
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »
Colorado's great.   Politics and people seem to be moving forward here.  Juriors are allowed to ask questions in court here.  New ruling/law.  Colorado is the first state to allow jurior questions.