Author Topic: I just  (Read 480765 times)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Re: I just
« Reply #4695 on: September 03, 2010, 09:53:28 AM »
Jay and Silent Bob's Rap

Mother mother fuck. Mother mother fuck fuck. Mother fuck mother fuck.
Noise noise noise.
1 2 1 2 3 4
Noise noise noise.
Smokin weed, smokin weed.
Doin' coke, drinkin beers.
Drinkin beers, beers beers.
Rollin' fatties, smokin blunts.
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts.
Rollin' blunts and smokin um'
<>
15 bucks, little man, put that shit in my hand.
If that money doesn't show then you owe me owe me owe.
My jungle love.
Oh e oh e oh.
I think I wanna know ya know ya ... yeah, what.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Bud Greenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: September 03, 2010, 11:39:37 PM »
Let's keep this thread clean.
If you feel it's nessaray start an I just drank thread.
Time to burn the hay......
[size=150]LEGALIZE MARIJUANA[/size]

• View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: September 04, 2010, 12:45:55 AM »
Quote from: "Bud Greenberg"
Let's keep this thread clean.
If you feel it's nessaray start an I just drank thread.
Time to burn the hay......
No need for another thread... Gotta have something to wash down the cotton... By the way I just....

Offline Bud Greenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: September 04, 2010, 01:01:01 AM »
I guess I just could mean anything now
I just joined the army..........
I just ate some broken glass..........
I just voted republcan.................
I just crapped my pants.........
[size=150]LEGALIZE MARIJUANA[/size]

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Marijuana "Gateway Effect" is bullshit, UNH research shows..
« Reply #4699 on: September 04, 2010, 02:21:47 PM »
DURHAM, N.H. – New research from the University of New Hampshire shows that the "gateway effect" of marijuana – that teenagers who use marijuana are more likely to move on to harder illicit drugs as young adults – is overblown.

Whether teenagers who smoked pot will use other illicit drugs as young adults has more to do with life factors such as employment status and stress, according to the new research. In fact, the strongest predictor of whether someone will use other illicit drugs is their race/ethnicity, not whether they ever used marijuana.

Conducted by UNH associate professors of sociology Karen Van Gundy and Cesar Rebellon, the research appears in the September 2010, issue of the Journal of Health and Social Behavior in the article, "A Life-course Perspective on the 'Gateway Hypothesis.' "

"In light of these findings, we urge U.S. drug control policymakers to consider stress and life-course approaches in their pursuit of solutions to the 'drug problem,' " Van Gundy and Rebellon say.

The researchers used survey data from 1,286 young adults who attended Miami-Dade public schools in the 1990s. Within the final sample, 26 percent of the respondents are African American, 44 percent are Hispanic, and 30 percent are non-Hispanic white.

The researchers found that young adults who did not graduate from high school or attend college were more likely to have used marijuana as teenagers and other illicit substances in young adulthood. In addition, those who used marijuana as teenagers and were unemployed following high school were more likely to use other illicit drugs.

However, the association between teenage marijuana use and other illicit drug abuse by young adults fades once stresses, such as unemployment, diminish.

"Employment in young adulthood can protect people by 'closing' the marijuana gateway, so over-criminalizing youth marijuana use might create more serious problems if it interferes with later employment opportunities," Van Gundy says.

In addition, once young adults reach age 21, the gateway effect subsides entirely.

"While marijuana use may serve as a gateway to other illicit drug use in adolescence, our results indicate that the effect may be short-lived, subsiding by age 21. Interestingly, age emerges as a protective status above and beyond the other life statuses and conditions considered here. We find that respondents 'age out' of marijuana's gateway effect regardless of early teen stress exposure or education, work, or family statuses," the researchers say.

The researchers found that the strongest predictor of other illicit drug use appears to be race-ethnicity, not prior use of marijuana. Non-Hispanic whites show the greatest odds of other illicit substance use, followed by Hispanics, and then by African Americans.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: September 06, 2010, 01:15:41 AM »
Liquored up and high as fuck.........

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: September 09, 2010, 10:47:36 PM »
I just...........

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »
Quote from: "Bud Greenberg"
I guess I just could mean anything now
I just joined the army..........
I just ate some broken glass..........
I just voted republcan.................
I just crapped my pants.........

I wonder?????
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Marijuana "Gateway Effect" is bullshit, UNH research sho
« Reply #4703 on: September 10, 2010, 12:06:09 AM »
DURHAM, N.H. – New research from the University of New Hampshire shows that the "gateway effect" of marijuana – that teenagers who use marijuana are more likely to move on to harder illicit drugs as young adults – is overblown.

Whether teenagers who smoked pot will use other illicit drugs as young adults has more to do with life factors such as employment status and stress, according to the new research. In fact, the strongest predictor of whether someone will use other illicit drugs is their race/ethnicity, not whether they ever used marijuana.

Conducted by UNH associate professors of sociology Karen Van Gundy and Cesar Rebellon, the research appears in the September 2010, issue of the Journal of Health and Social Behavior in the article, "A Life-course Perspective on the 'Gateway Hypothesis.' "

"In light of these findings, we urge U.S. drug control policymakers to consider stress and life-course approaches in their pursuit of solutions to the 'drug problem,' " Van Gundy and Rebellon say.

The researchers used survey data from 1,286 young adults who attended Miami-Dade public schools in the 1990s. Within the final sample, 26 percent of the respondents are African American, 44 percent are Hispanic, and 30 percent are non-Hispanic white.

The researchers found that young adults who did not graduate from high school or attend college were more likely to have used marijuana as teenagers and other illicit substances in young adulthood. In addition, those who used marijuana as teenagers and were unemployed following high school were more likely to use other illicit drugs.

However, the association between teenage marijuana use and other illicit drug abuse by young adults fades once stresses, such as unemployment, diminish.

"Employment in young adulthood can protect people by 'closing' the marijuana gateway, so over-criminalizing youth marijuana use might create more serious problems if it interferes with later employment opportunities," Van Gundy says.

In addition, once young adults reach age 21, the gateway effect subsides entirely.

"While marijuana use may serve as a gateway to other illicit drug use in adolescence, our results indicate that the effect may be short-lived, subsiding by age 21. Interestingly, age emerges as a protective status above and beyond the other life statuses and conditions considered here. We find that respondents 'age out' of marijuana's gateway effect regardless of early teen stress exposure or education, work, or family statuses," the researchers say.

The researchers found that the strongest predictor of other illicit drug use appears to be race-ethnicity, not prior use of marijuana. Non-Hispanic whites show the greatest odds of other illicit substance use, followed by Hispanics, and then by African Americans.
Title, date, a link (the below from Science News), and other pertinent particulars for the above article (which was also posted on other sites around the same time):

Risk of marijuana’s 'gateway effect' overblown, new UNH research shows
    by administrator on September 2, 2010

<snip snip (above article)>

The University of New Hampshire, founded in 1866, is a world-class public research university with the feel of a New England liberal arts college. A land, sea, and space-grant university, UNH is the state's flagship public institution, enrolling more than 12,200 undergraduate and 2,200 graduate students.

The American Sociological Association (http://www.asanet.org), founded in 1905, is a nonprofit membership association dedicated to serving sociologists in their work, advancing sociology as a science and profession, and promoting the contributions to and use of sociology by society. The Journal of Health and Social Behavior is a quarterly, peer-reviewed journal of the ASA.

The research article described above is available by request for members of the media. Contact Daniel Fowler, ASA's Media Relations and Public Affairs Officer, at [email protected] or (202) 527-7885.

Tagged as: behavioural, news, psychiatric, psychology, research[/list]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
    « Reply #4704 on: September 10, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »
    Sippin' some homemade whiskey, smoking TBPITW, and getting ready for my trip out west........

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #4705 on: September 10, 2010, 12:37:28 PM »
    Quote from: "RTP2003"
    Sippin' some homemade whiskey, smoking TBPITW, and getting ready for my trip out west........

:cheers:  :cheers:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :-*
    traight, St. Pete, early 80s
    AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

• View Profile
    « Reply #4706 on: September 10, 2010, 12:48:43 PM »
    Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
    Quote from: "RTP2003"

:cheers:  :cheers:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rocker:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :-*

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
    « Reply #4707 on: September 11, 2010, 12:28:35 AM »

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
    « Reply #4708 on: September 13, 2010, 03:39:04 PM »
    I just...............oh yeah baby, I just!

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
    « Reply #4709 on: September 14, 2010, 09:09:14 AM »
    I just wish I could turn back time
    "A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
    Kahlil Gibran