Author Topic: Gateway Freedom Ranch information  (Read 5211 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Gateway Freedom Ranch information
« on: March 13, 2021, 03:15:20 AM »
The Gateway Freedom Ranch located in Eureka, Montana

Gateway Freedom Ranch Abused Me (CHURCH OF PHILOSOPHICAL EXPLORATION)

Quote from: Caroline P.
Lisa (the director of Gateway Freedom Ranch) stole 6 figures from the partnering boys ranch. She completely traumatized me, convinced me that I was always lying and manipulating to get my way the entire way through the school. They never believed me. It was 18 months of pure trauma for me. I stood for 3 months all day as a punishment for not doing the dishes fast enough. The only time I could get off my feet was when I was sleeping. I even stood during school. They made me wash the dishes every day because I couldn't do them in time and when I was late they gave me rice and beans cold or rice and canned chicken.

I had fallen off of a horse and dislocated my tailbone which caused extreme pain. They offered to take me to the hospital but because I was wholeheartedly convinced I was an evil child just trying to manipulate I didn't go. Since I was standing it made the dislocation worse. I just found out recently that I wasn't bluffing about my back pain. I was on CBO (communication block out) for as long as I can remember so I was not allowed to talk to anyone unless it was an emergency and isolation so I couldn't bed near anyone. They had a list of questions we could ask.

We ran 1.2 miles every day even through the extreme fire smoke from California. If we got a certain amount of write ups they made us do 10 burpees for each one. If we threw up they didn't care. They would make us clear out the pinecones in the yard. One gallon paint bucket full of cones for each write up. Before that, it was one bucket of rocks. The school forced religion down my throat. I do not identify as a Christian because of these people. None of them had the licensing to be counselors for "troubled girls."

Every time I get depressed I have Lisa's voice in the back of my head saying I'm just doing it for attention. I of course was better at home because of all the gaslighting and assurance that I would be punished if I didn't do well on my home visits. 6 months after I got home for good I started rapidly declining and my parents sent me to Oak Ridge Military School right outside Greensboro, NC. That is where I really got help. I'm now 18 just beginning to understand the damage they did to me and my family. The reviews before mine are completely true. If your kid needs help DO NOT send them to Gateway Freedom Ranch.

Quote from: Rhanie T.
Gateway did not have the right idea when it came to consequences and just to how the program worked in general. I understand that they're trying to help but it just didn't.

Religion felt very forced on you. Some of the consequences they had were CBO Communication Block Out where u weren't aloud to talk to anybody and u were isolated from everybody, when u were not getting along with somebody they would put you in a hula hoop and u had to be with them and u had to stay in it until you figured out why you were in it together, if you didn't get your chores done on time you could get rice and beans cold sometime sit would be expired and they still make us eat it even if u threw up in the bowl they would still make u eat it, they would make u got out and stack wood outside even if it was dark and cold, for me they wanted me to learn a specific lesson that quite frankly i never figured out they made me do all the chores in the house and put me on a time limit while in a hula hoop with someone and stacking wood and cleaning CLEAN jars and if i didn't finish i got rice and beans and we were forced to write letters to our parents on sunday or we'd get rice and beans and that was the day i had most of my chores and if u dont finish showering on time they give rice and bean or make u do planks and workouts and if stopped the workout wed have to do it longer even if were in pain crying. Sometime s if one person makes a mistake in the house and no one confessed to it the whole house would be on lock down.

I don't recommend this place unless you want your child to be brainwashed or come back with more anxiety. And when you send them there they start to get issues like abandonment issues and very extreme issues.When i was sent there when i had been there for a while they'd keep telling me i hadn't fully confessed to everything when i told them everything and when i say everything i mean everything. And they kept saying i hadn't so eventually made up something so they'd stop and instead of talking about it they sent me to a wilderness program full of tromatized girls

Quote from: Makayla S.
100% agree with the last rating. I was sent here twice. Once I left I was diagnosed with PTSD from this place. What prompted me to write this review was the common night terror I had last night about the place. CBO (communication block out) and Isolation are common forms are punishment. Cold and unseasoned rice and beans are your meals as punishments. One time, every girl there had to eat that for 2 days straight, some of them even 3 days. Another punishment was they took away our mattresses and we had to sleep on the bars of our bunk beds, some girls got boards to lay on, but my bunk was a top metal bunk bed and I didn't get a board. Mail coming in and out gets opened by staff members and read before given to us or being sent out. Counselors aren't even licensed counselors. This place is supposed to be a behavioral boarding school, yet the only counselor that is licensed comes 3 times a year for parent weekends, at which time we didn't even get one on one time with him. Phone calls are listened in by staff members. Religion is shoved down your throat and you get told the only way you can go home is to follow god. Two girls that were there with me were forced to get their hair cut above their shoulders, one because the director claimed she was too prideful of her hair, and the other because she "played with it too much during group time." On top of all this, my dad (who did not want to send me back the second time I went) vividly remembers the director discussing other families financial problems with him over the phone. This place is cruel and corrupt. No child should go through what any girl went through there. One girl was one CBO for a month and a half straight, and if you talk when on CBO you are made to run 1.2 miles as punishment, as if being on CBO wasn't bad enough. Parents may see change when their child comes home but it doesn't last. If you really want to get you child help, get them a REAL counselor, don't sent them halfway across the country and make them have a terrible fear of abandonment and live in constant fear that everything I'm their life could be ripped away from them at anytime. Thanks for taking the time to read this..