Author Topic: New Forum  (Read 6682 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
New Forum
« on: September 12, 2010, 06:50:31 PM »
I've added this forum so there's a dedicated, moderated, place where people can discuss addiction treatment philosophies and methods. If you want to discuss AA, Rational Recovery, SOS, SMART, ibogaine, the nature of addiction, etc... discuss it here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »
works now dude. looks good.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 07:31:37 PM »
Since this would be under the rubric of "Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform" (maybe controversially so), might it not be more appropriately located there, rather than under "General Interest?" Perhaps that's just my take on it...  :D
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 07:39:13 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
I've added this forum so there's a dedicated, moderated, place where people can discuss addiction treatment philosophies and methods. If you want to discuss AA, Rational Recovery, SOS, SMART, ibogaine, the nature of addiction, etc... discuss it here.

Thank You, long time coming but with everyones hard work we overcame the confusion.

Thanks,
Anne, Psy, Ginger, Max, Whooter, Che, FemFatal, Samara, Awake and others for making this happen. I am excited if no one else is. No not for the obvious, I have a millions questions surrounding AA/NA that I would never ask in a unmoderated Forum or in a AA group of people. I have seen enough of you folks to know you guys are serious about discussing your opinions of AA and other forms of self help. (or whatever it is called)
Special thanks to Anne and Max for your insightful posts.
Don't care who is moderating just that we have it is cool enough.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 07:48:20 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

I do have a question though why is the MKP, James Ray not here or "opt in". This "opt in" feature feels very discriminatory, like eewww we don't want to confuse the populace. AA's principles are used extensively in the TC market, why do we feel the need to deny/look the other way on this.  Straight was built on AA's principles, Charles Dietrich (Synanon)fraternized with Bill Wilson concerning facilities. We could go on.
Yes, Psy, I am grateful but I would be remiss if I had not said this.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 08:09:26 PM »
Thanks for making this new forum. You can move that how to get sober thread here if you want I don't mind. It's pretty well known at this point I support AA. I don't think it's abusive or a cult, there are too many different types of meetings to try to generalize it I think. For those without a lot of resources or don't want to go to rehab  they can go anonymously to a meeting and talk about their issue, that can be helpful a lot of times. Well thanks for this forum, hopefully there will be some interesting discussions to come.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"
Thanks for making this new forum. You can move that how to get sober thread here if you want I don't mind.
Will do, and you're welcome.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)