Author Topic: Whitmore Academy in Utah?  (Read 73105 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Whitmore Academy in Utah?
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »
this is a dead issue. you immature people got to get a life. If you had one you wouldn't spend some much time on this issue
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »
No, it's not dead yet. There's still an investigation going on, possibly charges to be filed, tried and decided. And, of course, there are still familys in the midst of this brawl and those who have gone through it and bounced off who may be interested in better understanding just WTF happened to them.

Patience, grasshopper!

G:   "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"
EB:  "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."
-- Somewhere in No Man's Land, BA4

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »
I've read everything posted here and whitmore sounds like an okay place. The only question that has not been answered is how do these changes occur? A child doesn't want to be there and runs away....comes back and instantly loves it and wants to stay. How does this happen? I think this was asked several times and has been avoided. If anyone can answer this simple question then maybe this could all end. It is a very valid question.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »
You've seen in this thread how one kid (staff?) thinks of Whitmore as family. But ask them how they feel about former members of this 'family' and see what happens.

From all I've read about Whitmore and the Sudweeks, they're running your garden variety therapy cult. So long as you go along w/ their directives, they'll continue to stroke you and tell you what a wonderful, strong and coragous parent you are for doing so. Try crossing them and see what happens.

Faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction- faith in fiction is a damnable false hope.
--Thomas Edison, American inventor

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »
"I've read everything posted here and whitmore sounds like an okay place. The only question that has not been answered is how do these changes occur? A child doesn't want to be there and runs away....comes back and instantly loves it and wants to stay. How does this happen? I think this was asked several times and has been avoided. If anyone can answer this simple question then maybe this could all end. It is a very valid question"

You are very right. This is an ok place.
I'm sure some kids think of running away...I'm wondering how many actually have run away. My feeling is that when they decide to stay, or come back, or whatever, they - usually young adults- somehow realize that they are almost adults and need to be responsible. I think some of the other kids have a way of communicating that the parents don't. There is no past just a fresh start. Maybe kids are happy because they deep down wanna fresh start and realize this is the best way mto try. So there is one answer to your question.

I wish those anon people and antigen would stop the negative and mean talk towards the parents. That is really mean and you should be more civil.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »
I'm still trying to figure you out antigen...who are you, a student, staff? You keep contradicting yourself, did you read about this or did you experience it. Why don't you get real here and quite dancing around the subject. My guess is you really haven't a clue.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2004, 05:12:00 PM »
My name is Joyce Harris and several parents called and referred me to this site since I have been discusssed several times.  I picked up my daughterfrom Whitmore who is age 12 on Nov 27th. First, my husband and I were escourted by Officer Wright from Nephi Police Department, and since I have been represented as an abusive mother who threw her daughter down a fligt of stairs, hit her, and broke her fingers in a car door---anyone is welcome to call this officer and verify that is is a LIE. I was forced to try and locate my daughter's clothes in the dark, while being yelled at by unruly girls. There were only 2 girls sleeping in my daughter's room when we arrived at 2:30 AM, and there was a group of other girls awake in the room across the hall. This surprised me because I was told that Whitemore had a strick bedtime schedule. The kids who are "reporting" and spreading lies about me were NOT present when I came to pick up my daughter---Chris, Mackey, Caitlyn were not there---so they are just repeating untruths that were told to them.  Also:  I have never been report the Child Protective Services for abuse EVER. This too is a lie, and can be checked by anyone who cares to do so.  I have never been fired from a teaching job ever, and this can be verified also, by anyone who cares to check it out.  I can stand up to any scruity on my record with any agency that wants to verify any records that have anything to do with any alledged abuse against me, or any employment history I have. I have nothing to hide.  If Mr. and Mr. Sudweeks have any problems with me withdrawing my daughter from their school amid charges of child abuse, then they need to contact me directly and not manipulate children to spread malicious lies.  I have only responded to a personal email that Chris sent me, and that was to relay a message to my daughter that he and another student asked to say hello to her. I was happy to do that because I respected his seemingly sincerity. We had the right as parents to bring out daughter home.  We were not even called by the police or the CPS in Utah about the incident at Whitmore. A mother of a student there called our home. So NO ONE from the authorities in Utah talked us into removing our daughter. And the statement that the 3 students who left Whitmore were all drug addicts is another LIE...our daughter has NEVER used any drugs.  Telling lies about students who left does nothing to help solve the issues there at all.  We are not accusing any students who stayed there of being horrible, or drug addicts, so why attack our little girl?  She did nothing wrong.  No one there even know where I teach school, so how could you possible know what my superintendent did or did not do.  Why all the lies about me, a mother?  I did not use a loud voice to wake up anyone...all those kids were up and about already. Why?  I have no idea, and I certainly didn't just use my imagination to make up lies to try and explain it.  Maybe it was a simple slumber party.  You people are just making a very bad situation worse by slandering people. I would think you have enough to deal with as it is without writing lies about someone.  I would suggest that you stop.  You have absolutly nothing to gain by slandering me, and by using kids to do this. Remember it can be proved very very eaisly exactly where things are entered from a computer. Anyone can sign someone eleses name to comments. I honestly wonder if Chris, Mackey, Caitlyn really made these remarks about me or if some other person too gutless to use their real name is slandering me.  I would strongly suggest you stop now.  Joyce Harris

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2004, 05:37:00 PM »
I have one other thing to say:

I will not respond to any other postings about me on this site.
It would serve no purpose. We made the decision to remove our daughter. We will trust the authorities in Utah to continue their investigation, to questions witnesses, and to do what is right for a group of kids that need to be protected. I know that I respect social worker, and police officials.  I also respect children and their parents.

I do know what I know.  I know that many misrepresentations have been made on this site. Our contract reads on page 13 that Cheryl Sudweeks "attended some classes at BYU." That hardly gives her a degree from BYU as stated on this site.

I KNOW that we were told that the group sessions would be lead by a licensed therapist, and they were not. They were led by Cheryl Sudweeks, who is a high school graduate.

I know that we were told that our daughter would be properly supervised at all times.  We do not consider proper supervision to be that of other student. Our daughter was left supervised by another student, when the group went to Provo. This was an underage student....and he is a student there with his own problems, and is not qualified to be in charge of other students.

I know that my daughter is a minority, Hungarian Gypsy and that I never expected the owner Cheryl Sudweeks to call my daugher a "Sand Nigger," especially in the today's climate when many people hate terriorists that are referred to that horrendous term.

I know that I never expected my daughter to be exposed to illness by having to dispose of toliet tissue in an un-lined trash can because putting toliet tissue in the commodes would cause them to back up and overflow.  The trash can in her bath room and others would be filled with toliet tissue covered with urine, fecus, and often blood, and would remain there until the young boy (whose job it was to empty these trash cans) came to empty them.

I know my daughter, who has never had a physical fight in her life, was forced to participate in punishing---hitting, punching, kicking---another student at the direction of Cheryl Sudweeks.  This is depolorable!

So no one needs to try and point out lies about me throwing anyone down a stair case when a police offier was standing at this stair case and know this is a LIE.

Whoever is writing LIES about me needs to be spending time praying for their own forgiveness, and trying to clean up that filty mansion, and trying to explain their OWN ABUSIVE BEHAVIORS.

Joyce Harris

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?So ... 5&start=40

1. The SPCA charge about leaving the horses with
no food.

I read the court transcripts, and I think that
they screwed up severely. Since I have met
Trinity, Mark and Cheryl, I know for sure
that meant well, because they are nice, animal
loving people. The only thing I can think of
is that all the individuals involved must have
thought that the other person was on the job:

http://www.animaladvocates.com/ILLEGAL- ... dweeks.htm

The end result is that they lost the horses,
dogs, $124,000 and Mark is never allowed to
own animals in BC again. Pretty severe
punishment, but it was a big mess up, and I
imagine that they learned their lesson. I
can't contact them right now, because they
are at a lake retreat.

2. Alleged co-ownership of "New Hope Academy",
a school in Somoa that was closed because
children were abused and abandoned:

Here is the allegation:

http://www.isaccorp.com/wwasp/documents/wwasplist.pdf

Here is what appears to be the whole story - it
looks like Mark was not involved, he just
got ripped off by the bad guy:

http://www.teenliberty.org/Samoan.htm

The perp, a scumbag named Steve Cartisano,
seems to have done this a number of times,
and is a slick con man.

Why is it that it's always someone else's fault with these people???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »
Mark Sudweeks plead GUILTY to Animal Cruelty in Canada   AND he and Cheryl Sudweeks chose to have a business relationship with Stephan Cartisano....SO how can they plead ignorance and that none of this is their fault?  Anyone supporting them on these two issues can not be thinking straight.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 09, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »
Thank you Joyce!  Thank you for finally giving us some facts about what is really going on at Whitmore.  These are things that I think the professionals cannot tell us parents because of fear of legal repercussions from the Sudweeks.

Offline Mondamin0603

• View Profile
    • http://publish.hometown.aol.com/_cqr/qp/qp.adp?time=1098547278&cc=english&prompt=profile
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »
So I have heard Whitmore is the child of Provo Canyon School. Some of the most corrupt staff formed it after Provo was bought by Universal and wouldn't allow for Mormon guided rules. If anyone knows if Allison Beardall or Moe work there please let me know. I have some personal lawsuits to attend to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2004, 08:23:00 PM »
Whitmore is not associated with Provo Canyon. It was moved from an earlier school in Canada. None of the names you mentioned work for the Whitmore either. They must have gone elsewhere. Good luck in locating them.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »
Yeah sure. And Straight had nothing to do w/ The Seed and SAFE is nothing like Straight and on and on. Anyone care to name a few (dozen) other programs that claim to not be anything like each other?

But where did the philosophy come from? How different is the culture now, with all the new faces and all, than how it was before?

You will not get any objective answers to that question from people w/ a vested interested in promoting the Program; vested much more deeply than cash can reach. The best way to answer that question is by comparing notes w/ people who were there back then.

That's what the FH for WWF is all about. (and the acronym is not exactly accidental, just coincidental and too apropos to pass up)

They serve so that we don't have to. They offer to give up their lives so that we can be free. It is, remarkably, their gift to us. And all they ask for in return is that we never send them into harm's way unless it is absolutely necessary. Will they ever trust us again?

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latestnews/index.php?id=18' target='_new'>Michael More

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »
No.  Bethel Academy in Mississippi, boys and a girls is your best choice.  My daughter has been to that school.  Thriving now at Bethel.  What a difference.  Those other schools are too I feel
abusive emotionally.