Author Topic: Whitmore Academy in Utah?  (Read 72095 times)

Offline fiero1718

• View Profile
Whitmore Academy in Utah?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »
Im a former resident of the Whitmore Academy. too make a long story short this place needs to be closed down. there is a lot of abuse that goes on there... and even after being home for almost a year i still get nightmares about that place. the webiste is fake, when u call up to talk to the people abou the program they will tell some of the kids exactly what to say and if they dont say it the right way they will go in OP, that is when u lye face on the floor without moving a muscle or speaking for as long as they keep you there which can be up to a few days. if you move they will beat you. you get brainwashed and verbally abused all day long. Im trying to get cps to check this place out. Tthis is a very private and DISCRETE program that no one really knows anything about. The program is based on the mormon religion and you are forced to practice that and only that, every other religion and belief is forbidden. if you don't, there will be serious consequences. Everything is sugarcoated and kept very discrete... no one really knows anything about this place. but please do not send your child here..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2004, 01:39:00 AM »
Why didn't you tell your parents or go to the authorities? This place sounds bad. How can they get away with it and why doesn't anyone speak up?

Offline sk8kid511

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 06:47:00 PM »
stupid ppls dont know crap[ This Message was edited by: sk8kid511 on 2004-07-21 19:11 ]

Offline horselover116

• View Profile
    • http://www.whoamidiscovery.com
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
to reply to your message this place is wonderful. they dont ever touch us.  they love us like we were their own and none of the negative stuff is true. this place is the best place u can send your kids. i am a former student here and my life is completly changed because of this place. i love the way they  help u go the right way and the extra mile in everything we do. we ride horses if we want and we get our education throughout the year. i love it here soo much
 :wave:
live it here!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »
On 2004-07-21 16:43:00, horselover116 wrote:

"to reply to your message this place is wonderful. they dont ever touch us.  they love us like we were their own and none of the negative stuff is true. this place is the best place u can send your kids. i am a former student here and my life is completly changed because of this place. i love the way they  help u go the right way and the extra mile in everything we do. we ride horses if we want and we get our education throughout the year. i love it here soo much

:wave: "

If you are a former student why are you using the present tense?  Perhaps you are actually a "plant" from the school?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »
Dammed if i know

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »
dont you guys have a life? I really cant believe you have this much time to be so negative. why dont you deal with your feelings and move on. I am so sorry that you got sent to such bad programs but no matter how hard you bash the whitmore... the truth will win. why dont you let the only good program focus on what they do like helping so many people have a life like you should try and get. this is so pathetic. sorry i just dont have time for this stupidity. yes i am at the whitmore. i quess you could say i am a plant because i am growing here. but the door is always open. dont you get freedom through dicipline? you are the ones that have no freedom, why do you stay up all night trying to get negative people to validate your negative feelings. Perry one of the negative people is one of the unhappiest negative people i have ever heard of. he was in alot of different programs, and has bashed all of them it is to bad that he turned on mark and cheryl like this after all they have done for him. the other crap it just that. they are just lies that someone who isnt in or has ever been in the program has made up. why i dont know and dont have time to figure out. there are so many other worthy things to focus on. please leave this people and what they do alone. why dont you go see for yourself. I agree there are some horrible places out there. but these people arent trying to take the kids lifes away from them they are trying to help them find their lifes. they always have there doors open and what you see is what you get they are real. and help people like you and me. Id tell you who i am but i dont need you to harras me like you do others.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »
Good Morning everyone,

Just wanted to share with you all about my visit with my son this past weekend.  He has been at Whitmore since Feb.  He had been suicidal and hospitalized for 2 months prior to his arrival.  I truly believe that Cheryl and Mark saved my sons life.  Not just in the physical sense but also in a higher sense.

My son has found purpose and joy in his life.  He is healthy and more loving.  Granted school work, as we traditionally know it, is not stressed, however, my son has never functioned in school at any level that mattered  He never read, rarely wrote and was totally demotivated.   

I watched my son write in his journal each night for 1/2 hour, and read as well.  In his 14 years on earth..this was a first.  I'm certain that this experience will help him long term in his academics and career.  He knows what responsiblity is, hard work and the satisfaction of doing a good job.

Please rest assured, your children are in good hands.  It's really important that we don't give our kids reasons to doubt them...they need to believe in the program, and so do we.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »
Thank you for your perspective and experience. My daughter has been at Whitmore for 5 months and I haven't been able to visit yet, but we are in contact every week when they aren't on a trip. She seems to be happy and learning about herself and trying to figure out what kind of person she wants to be. Anyway, in my gut I feel that she is in a place that can help her, but I always worry if we have done the right thing...

Anyway, thanks for your words.

Take Care

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »
On 2004-07-19 15:39:00, fiero1718 wrote:

"Im a former resident of the Whitmore Academy. too make a long story short this place needs to be closed down. there is a lot of abuse that goes on there... and even after being home for almost a year i still get nightmares about that place. the webiste is fake, when u call up to talk to the people abou the program they will tell some of the kids exactly what to say and if they dont say it the right way they will go in OP, that is when u lye face on the floor without moving a muscle or speaking for as long as they keep you there which can be up to a few days. if you move they will beat you. you get brainwashed and verbally abused all day long. Im trying to get cps to check this place out. Tthis is a very private and DISCRETE program that no one really knows anything about. The program is based on the mormon religion and you are forced to practice that and only that, every other religion and belief is forbidden. if you don't, there will be serious consequences. Everything is sugarcoated and kept very discrete... no one really knows anything about this place. but please do not send your child here.."

I think this is one kid?s perspective. Our son is in his 7th month at Whitmore. We have seen him twice over the past two months (once for a weekend we took him out in Utah and the second just last month for four days with my daughters in Las Vegas). Both times we had incredible wonderful times with him completely away from the school. During the first visit we actually gave him the full choice of whether he wanted to stay or leave Whitmore right then and he chose to stay. We have regular and open communication with him and this is one of the most open and transparent programs I have ever seen. Concerning schooling, we know this is not a strength at Whitmore but after he got on track emotionally, he has now for the first time in his life started to put heart and soul into his schoolwork.   He has done 7 packets (almost 2 credit hours out of 25 needed to graduate) in the past two weeks. Most of all we have a son whose attitude has completely changed towards our family, whose drug tendencies have been broken and who seems now to have a real sense of purpose and direction in his life. About 3 years ago we had him in a lock down program in Missouri for a year. That program was a nightmare for him and he surely knows the difference. This program has definitely helped put his life back on track.
I am a Christian minister and although I do not follow the Mormon faith, I have not found that my son has been brainwashed or forced to violate his Christian heritage. From my perspective, the folks at Whitmore recognize the value of faith in a person?s life and live their faith out the best they know how. He has been reading the Bible as his reading material recently and has only been encouraged in that. I hope this helps ? I am only trying to share some honest  feedback as a parent.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »
I sure appreciate your words of reassurance!  Our daughter has been at Whitmore since the end of March.  We're going to 'Parents Weekend', but haven't seen her otherwise.  Our daughter seems to be receiving what she needs at Whitmore, and seems to be growing as quickly as we could expect.  We're trusting Cheryl and Mark based on our research and our gut feeling when we visited them and participated in group.  I agree that we need to believe in the program.  Thanks so much for sharing your experiences!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »
On 2004-07-22 07:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

but haven't seen her otherwise.  Our daughter seems to be receiving what she needs at Whitmore,

Then... on what do you base your perception?

I have to tell you this. If, in my 5th (final) phase of "treatment" my own father had asked me privately if I wanted to stay or leave, I would have thought it was a set up and told him, entheusiastically and convincingly, that I just loved the Program and never wanted to leave.

Neither one of you has any firsthand knowledge of how your kids are doing or how they're being treated. Your mutual reassuarance is hollow and circular.

Were the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. Thus in France the emetic was once forbidden as a medicine, and the potato as an article of food. Government is just as infallible,[sic] too, when it fixes systems in physics. Galileo was sent to the Inquisition for affirming that the earth was a sphere.... It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
Anonymity Anonymous
It is wrong to leave a stumbling block in the road once it has tripped you.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »
"dont you get freedom through dicipline." = "Arbeit Macht Frei"

Babylon in all its desolation is a sight not so awful as that of the human mind in ruins.
-- Scrope Davies: Letter to Thomas Raikes, May 25, 1835.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »
All of the following posts came from the same IP address:

2004-07-22 07:20:00 http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=20#55474
" yes i am at the whitmore. "

2004-07-22 07:26:00 http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=20#55476
"Just wanted to share with you all about my visit with my son this past weekend."

2004-07-22 07:33:00 http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=20#55478
" My daughter has been at Whitmore for 5 months and I haven't been able to visit yet,"

2004-07-22 07:36:00 http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=20#55479
" Our son is in his 7th month at Whitmore."

2004-07-22 07:39:00 http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=20#55480
" Our daughter has been at Whitmore since the end of March.  We're going to 'Parents Weekend',"

So it's very, very unlikely that the poster(s) are both students and/or staff AND parents located in another state, isn't it? In fact, it sure seems likely to me that these people (if, indeed, there is more than one poster) are sitting in the same room, using the same computer. So then, you might ask, why are they posting to a public forum instead of just speaking directly to each other?

I can think of a couple of obvious reasons.

Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By  any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care.
Anonymity Anonymous
It is wrong to leave a stumbling block in the road once it has tripped you.

Offline sk8kid511

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »
This is pathetic. Seriously. If I was stuck in an awful abusive program for a year or two I'd definitely want to make the most of my time from then on after wasting a couple years.
Either you have a lot of time on your hands and are really bored with it, or you let this petty topic piss you off so bad you just must express your anger by wasting time tracking IPs.
Maybe they're posting that stuff all on this topic to prove a point. Maybe that point is YOU'RE WRONG. No matter how right you think you are, no matter what happened to you in your past, just chill out and accept the facts. Kids love it at that place. Parents love their kids being there.
In a world of programs full of hate, misery, and abuse, can't there be a light in the darkness? Just accept goodness for what it is.

If you think yourself too wise to involve
yourself in government, you will be governed
by those too foolish to govern.  
--Plato