Author Topic: Resuscitation  (Read 46345 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: Resuscitation
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 11:13:56 AM »

Kind of fried on doing anything decent for anyone. Found out a kid I donated 25 bucks to for getting him from Oregon to Mobile Alabama  opted to go back to the program he was dumped out of for turning 18. I understand why it happened, just sure as shit don't like it.

At least you know you helped give him some choice in the matter.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 03:33:58 AM »
Yeah, I spose.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2016, 06:45:02 PM »
"Perhaps the best definition I have heard of evil is that it is the total absence of empathy. Only people or institutions who lack empathy can commit the individual and group atrocities we witness throughout the world every day."

https://thewildpeak.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/do-we-still-need-sin-eaters/

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 09:11:42 PM »
Quick question - anyone and sorry  this is very off topic - how does one post a video on fornits so it opens up with the first frame of the video -  Froderik- Che -Antigen. I posted a short thing by a friend about Elan on the Elan section of this site   and it didn't post like how Felice or Froderik get theirs  to post - and Felice is not available at the moment.

peace

Matt 

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 08:10:23 AM »
Went to my favorite Chinese video site to get a link to show you  how its done and somehow ended up with this.

http://ok365.com/tupian/7452-1.html?target=ad

Ohh lah lah...

Probably just virused the hell out of everyones computers, sweet, thank god I use linux, easy as hell to reinstall when I pick up virtual cooties.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 08:42:52 AM »
Matt, I think it may be as simple as removing the "s" from https://whatever.etc.

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2016, 11:30:01 AM »
Thank you Froderik - it worked ... And thank you Che  for also trying to assist -   now back to our  topic Resuscitation- big smiles

peace

Matt

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
you know Frodrik -the wise
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2016, 09:14:28 PM »
man you really make profound sense  -  than  at first when I read ( my problem amigo- soy  loco)  - How after a "gig" you have that/those  " down" times-  and you have to -absolutely -  just play------  as I think, and would say have" to re- validate" the fact that you can do that "stuff " on that instrument -  Man Brother Forderik  no truer nor wise words - when I really give it the thought that I think you meant - ( I hope you forgive me , I have no ides how to quote  feature here and it  may seem like I am cherry picking ( not ) .  brother I agree -  it  just hit me with  full impact of your words -( yeah I didn't get to ride any bus) -lol-

Wanna play a 1965 Gibson  melody maker D - its  got p90s (old old  90s ) instead of the original " lipperstickers" -  you may have  heard  that rode  in those things originally.   - Man I would really like to Jam - and you know why - Good as one might be you  still have to re- validate- I don't care who you are - validate  - after going few  days of not  playin- that -yeah man- that's what I can do with that thing -  and you know what------  its all groovy man .

Che man if you lose it totally( hearing)  - you can always feel the bass- the beat  - the lowest rumble and that aint no baloney ( no derogatory )  - reminds me of a story ..... 

peace

Matt
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 09:23:41 PM by Matt C. Hoffman »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: you know Frodrik -the wise
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2016, 08:52:11 AM »
Quote from: Matt C. Hoffman
man you really make profound sense  -  than  at first when I read ( my problem amigo- soy  loco)  - How after a "gig" you have that/those  " down" times-  and you have to -absolutely -  just play------  as I think, and would say have" to re- validate" the fact that you can do that "stuff " on that instrument -  Man Brother Froderik  no truer nor wise words - when I really give it the thought that I think you meant - ( I hope you forgive me , I have no ideas how to quote  feature here and it  may seem like I am cherry picking ( not ) .  brother I agree -  it  just hit me with  full impact of your words -( yeah I didn't get to ride any bus) -lol-

Wanna play a 1965 Gibson  melody maker D - its  got p90s (old old  90s ) instead of the original " lipperstickers" -  you may have  heard  that rode  in those things originally.   - Man I would really like to Jam - and you know why - Good as one might be you  still have to re- validate- I don't care who you are - validate  - after going few  days of not  playin- that -yeah man- that's what I can do with that thing -  and you know what------  its all groovy man .

Che man if you lose it totally( hearing)  - you can always feel the bass- the beat  - the lowest rumble and that aint no baloney ( no derogatory )  - reminds me of a story ..... 

peace

Matt

It's depressing when things plateau and get stagnant. My self-worth hinges on it a lot. Sometimes it's just a matter of picking up the guitar; occasionally something completely unanticipated will happen. Learning and adding new material to keep the repertoire fresh also helps. I wish I could remember what I wrote to you a couple weeks ago in that PM; it was something insightful, if memory serves. :D (Maybe we could resume via email, since the PMs here don't always work?) I would absolutely love to play that Gibson sometime! Nothing like the old single-coil P90 sound. I look forward to it. tty soon.

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2016, 11:23:25 AM »
I understand the language you are using - I work thru plateau s , and it does suck when you feel like there is stagnation- for me that is doesn't happen as much as say when I was younger - the plateau-s seemed higher and harder to traverse so to speak- as one constantly is learning  their instrument - I think back to my first 6 months just trying to master the d to a c thing and g thing - but now its not even a thought it just happens effortlessly thinking back then will I ever get it- god my fingers hurt - and the like ... 

Maybe  it is because  I know so many songs and when I work thru my stuff as I am always practicing I work thru 10 15 songs at a time - the repertoire is always changing the way even the way  I play songs is really never really the same though , I do have a very good sense of meter and beat  and time etc which is important - lol not to sound like I am all over the place   and then that one - as I think wow I have not  played that one in a while  -

I find that songs tend to grow in you when you don't play that particular song in a while  - it is almost like they mature or if you will in you when you haven't played that one in a while and you dig that cherished nugget back up- I notice it -  as you play a song that has not been played in a while as you bring it back to life ( there is that  it is alive thing again -lol you resurrect that song  ) you hear a different way to play it and you hear as you play it how it has grown and that feeling is a life giving gift/force . 

you understand-  I reckon - I trust- I hope - my younger bro-homind  talks about  your band - not gonna mention - wouldn't be prudent - though he does and it is cool. You touched him thru your music - tis  very cool man.     

Heck man I don't want to post my e mail here - lol- and why not Matt?  big smiles - Froderik there are many that have it and since the messaging thing doesn't  work so well - shoot anyone who has it is welcome to shoot it to you -  - I don't know if you are telling me to shut up - which I doubt or you want to take this private which maybe everyone else reading would like - I don't know you are welcome to e mail me man - feel free.

And lets stop talking- (like that is going to happen  )  about music and just  jam - seriously.

It does a body and soul good  ......and the beat goes on .

peace

Matt     

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2016, 08:17:22 PM »
I'm more of a classical music listener, though the old power ballads of the 1980s rocker era has a special place in my heart due to a misspent youth.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 08:43:07 AM »
Matt i don't mind if we do most of our talking out here in the open, not at all, but PM me your email when you get a chance, for sake of working out logistics and the like. No rush, though. And yeah, you're absolutely right, we can talk all day, but talk is cheap. Better we should shut up and play our guitars, for knowing how to talk about playing music will only get us so far. :D Tell your bro hello for me, and that I'm glad he enjoyed the show(s) way back when. I'd like to hear more from him about it sometime.

Che, I love listening to classical, baroque and renaissance music (as well as some contemporary music, like you mention). So many composers, so little time; there's a ton of it on youtube, as you are probably well aware...

ps: It seems like the forum might be running better now, after the server maintenance.

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2016, 07:58:12 PM »
 Froderik -I sent you a message thru fornits pm - didn't seem to log it either - shoot -shot hope it makes it- it would suck if it didn't .

Matt

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:02:20 PM by Matt C. Hoffman »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 03:15:40 PM »
You know what I find absolutely shocking?

The cost of dying. I mean damn, you up and croak and your family has to spend how much to plant your ass in the ground? I did a bing search, google is blocked in Soviet China, and found that a plain pine box cost 400 bucks. 400 bucks for a pine box that has rope handles?

wtf...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2016, 04:52:01 PM »
You know what I find absolutely shocking?

The cost of dying. I mean damn, you up and croak and your family has to spend how much to plant your ass in the ground? I did a bing search, google is blocked in Soviet China, and found that a plain pine box cost 400 bucks. 400 bucks for a pine box that has rope handles?

wtf...

I could tell you some stories of when I used to sell cemetery property. Attempting to sell people gravesites is a pretty stiff proposition, and I didn't sell much. The people who worked there were characters.

"I hope to hell that when I do die somebody has the sense to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody."
-J.D. Salinger