General Interest > Open Free for All

Resuscitation

(1/10) > >>

Froderik:
It's a bit of shame that the posting activity on this board, these fora, or FORNITS (for lack of better words) is moribund, at best. Here you have a completely uncensored and open forum, and yet people are still drawn to the social data mining experiment known as facebook like moths to a flame. It's known that FB opened up its doors nice and wide to snooping and snitching (you can report posts now, flagging them as "untruthful" or "inappropriate," and lot of political videos have been flagged, for example, as I found while still on it; welcome to the ministry of truth.) And most facebook users are trusting enough to use their own names on it....

To those of you (Pile of Dead Kids, Gookin, Oscar, Matt Hoffman, dragonfly, pirate, etc.) who still post here, I just want to say that I'm glad to see you're still doing it. (Pile of Dead Kids, you have one of the coolest screen names this forum has ever seen, whether we agree about everything or not.)

I hate seeing a good thing like Fornits die while "social media" supplants it as a medium of expression.

Che Gookin:
People are both lazy and fucking stupid for taking facebook seriously. Lazy as its easier to have a one stop shopping center sort of social media and "advocacy  ::)" site. Fucking stupid for forgetting just how powerful a tool anonymity can be.

Mind you its a tool that cuts both ways, hence imperfect, yet far more versatile than the clownpit of facebook.

Pile of Dead Kids:
I don't understand why private individuals sign up for Mark Zuckerberg's data mining operation either. Not using real names was something that people learned to do early on in the days of fucking AOL. Do these people think that the Internet has gotten any safer since then? Life after life has been ruined by people connecting their real names to their Internet exploits; I know this because I have personally ruined lives this way.

Most people who value anonymity are on 8chan, having moved there from 4chan after a user revolt.

Che Gookin:
can't get my grandma to browse 8chan.

Froderik:
Wow, what a cool site!  :o

I have to admit, I didn't know about it until now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version