Author Topic: What woke you up?  (Read 3851 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
What woke you up?
« on: September 25, 2014, 11:47:43 PM »
I liked it better when the world was more or less ok and only I was a little paranoid. But now I'm grown and have to come to equitable terms with reality. I wasn't trippin' when I first started fearing cops because they reminded me of staff. They are staff. And staff who have woken up are among our best allies in this "war" to end the War. So... what are your best insights as to how to wake them up now? What woke you up? What woke me up?

Shit. I woke up several times that I can remember. Once when I was about 9, again a year or two later, harshly, rudely awoken the moment I realized what I had taken part in doing to Bobby R. What can we say and do to wake them up?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: What woke you up?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 09:09:48 AM »
Excellent topic! Thank you!

I couldn't agree more — they are our best, if not our only, allies in this.

Perhaps sharing a few simple facts with them over beers would spark the old gray matter a little.

They should have an understanding of the transgressions against Natural Law: murder, rape, theft*, trespass, and coercion. Tell them that the main reason our species continues to experience a systemic and growing loss of freedom is that we collectively do not understand OWNERSHIP, and we continue to commit and condone THEFT. They should realize that everyone has the exact SAME rights. No one has any more or less rights than anyone else. Since rights are not created by humanity, and are the birth-right of humanity, gifted to us by the Creator of the Universe, no human being or group of human beings is actually capable of "granting" rights to anyone else, nor is any human being capable of "revoking" rights from anyone else. By now it should be dawning on them that there is more to serving and protecting than following orders decreed from the top down.

* they all boil down to theft, really

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
— Mahatma Gandhi

dragonfly

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:25:54 AM »
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:29:20 AM by dragonfly »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 09:35:27 AM »
Hmm. Is there a way to ask what woke you up without sounding like we already dun did? Nope. I don't think that there is. I get the meta-double-bind thing too. And thanks for softening the blow and making it all go down so smoothly with that whimsical bread truck imagery.

Yeah, most of us have talked about various levels of meltdown in the process and I sure don't want to think about armed and authorized officers melting down enmass. It's like the wolf has got us by the foot and we want to shake him off but we fear to do so cause he'll go for the throat.

What say ye, anthropologist Pirate? Can you think of instances in human history when an authoritarian police state has been mellowed out without a lot of nastiness? What causes realization?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes