Author Topic: Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Programming  (Read 8584 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Programming
« on: September 23, 2014, 09:40:14 PM »
How much longer will we sit here twiddling our thumbs, waiting for the "Facebook crowd" to check in here? I'm not on Facebook right now, so I don't know if anyone on there cares. Facebook is a circle-jerk of approval and status. Is Fornits doomed to obscurity in the face of facebook? Does anybody 'LIKE' the idea of revitalizing this site besides the few who have put forth recent efforts?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:42:05 PM by Froderik »

dragonfly

Re: Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Programming
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 05:14:12 AM »
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:17:32 AM by dragonfly »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »
Maybe it is naive positivism to want to resurrect this "sewer filled with hate, lies, and verbal violence (sic)."
Like you, I'm really tired of facebook right now... and want discussion to happen elsewhere.

So naturally we migrate back to from whence we came...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 02:23:25 PM by Froderik »

dragonfly

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 02:59:39 PM »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 03:28:12 PM »
I hear you; I might need even longer to achieve that.

But I don't know if that is why I like to post here..

Is this nothing more than a habit?

dragonfly

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 06:48:33 PM »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 07:33:39 PM »
Yes, it becomes easier and easier to see as time marches on toward the endgame. At this particular point in time it seems that they are afraid that we are no longer afraid enough. If we're not afraid enough, then they can't do what they want, which causes them to become desperate.. when they get desperate they tend to do stupid, desperate and extreme things.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:13:31 AM by Froderik »

dragonfly

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 08:00:29 PM »
"Biologically speaking, man is a moderately gregar­ious, not a completely social animal -- a creature more like a wolf, let us say, or an elephant, than like a bee or an ant. In their original form human societies bore no resemblance to the hive or the ant heap; they were merely packs. Civilization is, among other things, the process by which primitive packs are transformed into an analogue, crude and mechanical, of the social in­sects' organic communities. At the present time the pressures of over-population and technological change are accelerating this process. The termitary has come to seem a realizable and even, in some eyes, a desirable ideal. Needless to say, the ideal will never in fact be realized. A great gulf separates the social insect from the not too gregarious, big-brained mammal; and even though the mammal should do his best to imitate the insect, the gulf would remain. However hard they try, men cannot create a social organism, they can only create an organization. In the process of trying to create an organism they will merely create a totali­tarian despotism."

~ Aldous Huxley

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 11:58:49 AM »
How much longer will we sit here twiddling our thumbs, waiting for the "Facebook crowd" to check in here? I'm not on Facebook right now, so I don't know if anyone on there cares. Facebook is a circle-jerk of approval and status. Is Fornits doomed to obscurity in the face of facebook? Does anybody 'LIKE' the idea of revitalizing this site besides the few who have put forth recent efforts?

My hope is that we can simply restore the conversation as it was taking place here on fornits, some years back.  I am not too impressed with the dialogue on Fb, which is full of unoriginal ideas, memes, other shallow bullshit and is essentially a submissive-authroitarian wet dream.  I'm not twiddlin my thumbs waiting to turn fornits into Fb.  Fornits is better because I think a certain level of anonymity, helps keep the conversation honest, or closer to it anyway, and yet there can also be continuity in conversation, as long as there is a user name to identify fornits posters with.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 12:17:59 PM »

My hope is that we can simply restore the conversation as it was taking place here on fornits, some years back.  I am not too impressed with the dialogue on Fb, which is full of unoriginal ideas, memes, other shallow bullshit and is essentially a submissive-authroitarian wet dream.  I'm not twiddlin my thumbs waiting to turn fornits into Fb.  Fornits is better because I think a certain level of anonymity, helps keep the conversation honest, or closer to it anyway, and yet there can also be continuity in conversation, as long as there is a user name to identify fornits posters with.

Right.. this medium can't really become that; it's just a regular old forum... I wouldn't want to try to ~drag everybody here, or anything.. let them find it for themselves, for the most part..but there are a few people I wish were posting here who posted in the old days.. forum veterans.. like on that other thread..

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 01:16:25 PM »
I think we have to have some patience Froderik.  I am just inviting the ol hardcores back, personally, one at a time.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 01:26:14 PM »
Dragonfly... It's good to have awareness, but without some discretion it's not worth much by itself.  I sometimes think you are your own worst enemy, over obsessing on the details and wondering where your life went, all the while shooing it away your own self.  You're one 'a' my truly great friends in this life and I have tons and tons of respect and love for you, but sometimes you just gotta shake it off.  There is a difference between being programmed and living.  I don't think that the program is as old as Life itself.  I think the program is as old as civilization.  You have to make certain compromises in the civilized world, if you want to have the things that you need to live.  That doesn't mean you have to surrender your intentional consciousness though...

dragonfly

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 09:12:11 PM »

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 12:17:51 AM »
It sounds like the source of art to me, but I reckon there was art long before the people were civilized too.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 12:25:13 AM by starry-eyed pirate »