Author Topic: AA Abundant Life Academy  (Read 45626 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #285 on: June 28, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »
Ginger, I have never been able to understand what kind of parent would place their kid in a program.  I am starting to understand.  It is parents just like Karen.  It is those who can not even follow their own advice.  It is those who know the danger, they just seem to try and justify its necessity.  It is those who just seem to buy what ever is being sold and mold it and fold it until it fits their need.  Karen is the worst of worst.  She knows the risk and yet still promotes it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »
Oh Carey - Can it.
You have nothing to say that you haven't said hundreds of times before. I know how much you hate me. Everyone knows what you think of me. I expect they are as sick of hearing it as I am.

Ginger, if ALA operated like a cult I would know. I really would. And if you'll consider my history with the industry entire, you'll realize I AM able to recognize the signs.

I have on occasion been the voice of dissent and I have not been reviled as a result.

I don't know who posted the hateful remark and I have no way of even knowing if it came from ALA or a Troll; but irregardless - it is hateful and I am distressed the kid would be so treated.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »
On 2004-06-29 07:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

I don't know who posted the hateful remark and I have no way of even knowing if it came from ALA or a Troll; but irregardless - it is hateful and I am distressed the kid would be so treated. "

OMG!! :rofl: This is the LEAST of it! What's wrong, Karen? Is this maybe a little inconsistent w/ the fairy tales you tell the parents when they contact you for 'counseling'? And, just out of curiosity, are you a paid contractor or employee of ALA or just a volunteer sucker?

Don't let your dogma run out in front of your karma.
--Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »
Get over yourself Karen, the general consensus is people are sick of YOU talking out of both sides of your mouth.  

The fact is there is something terribly wrong with the concept of "parents helping other parents" institutionalize their children in behavior modification schools and programs.

Stop meddling in the lives of innocent children and their families and stop using Jesus as a behavior modification stun gun.

:flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »
Don't let your dogma run out in front of your karma.

:tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #290 on: June 29, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »
Sorry Ginger - but I miss your point.
 To answer your questions: None of the above.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #291 on: December 11, 2004, 07:36:00 PM »

Offline Goddess of Justice

• View Profile
    • http://teendeathtrips.blogspot.com/
Re: AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2012, 07:08:24 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
This is evil.

http://www.abundantlifeacademy.com/lead ... ition.html

Agreed, they just flat out violate students First Amendment Rights and ONLY allow them to have/listen to Christian music. The worst part is their sports page which even has a cheerleading squad (based on the facts and strict rules exposed by survivors, these uniforms and jerseys would not be allowed) Which means that they are having posers for their fictitious sports teams. Were they even sued for false marketing?

Even me and my parents fell for it when we were looking for boarding schools, and I was LUCKY enough not to even go there. We later went on a nation wide search for schools that were not lying. Truth be told, a therapeutic environment (as they claim to be) cannot have all these things that a traditional high school has, it's just not going to work out. The main purpose of these propose of the concept is pacifying and using therapies approved by the American Psychological Association. And continue using them before being sent back to a traditional high school, public or private.
For owners of such programs, we celebrate your lives being destroyed. Because you destroyed theirs...

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Arrests and charges: Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #293 on: August 10, 2014, 11:25:39 AM »
They closed down in Utah for a while and then re-opened over at the East Coast. Now the local police has been involved in two incidents where employees have been arrested and charged with crimes. Next step is the courts:

Caroline boarding school director charged with child endangerment
BY PORTSIA SMITH / THE FREE LANCE–STAR, July 24th, 2014

A former program director at a Christian-themed boarding school in Caroline County is facing additional criminal charges.

Liam Brendan Galligan, 44, of Fredericksburg is charged with 13 counts of felony child endangerment.

Caroline Sheriff Tony Lippa said Galligan was arrested Tuesday night in connection with an incident in November 2013 in which 13 male students at Abundant Life Academy near Sparta were “placed into a dangerous situation as a form of punishment,” according to a police report.

The students were forced to do military-style drills, such as barrel rolls in a swamp in 35-degree temperatures and then made to wash off in a lake, the report said. Many of the students ended up getting sick as a result, it said.

Galligan is one of four former Abundant life employees accused in another incident involving a student on Feb. 14.

Galligan, Jovany Rivera, 21, Timothy Jordan, 26, and 49-year-old William Honea are each charged with assault and battery and assault by mob in that case. The charges are misdemeanors.

They are accused of committing a continuous assault on a student at Abundant Life, the police report said.

An Aug. 6 trial in Caroline Circuit Court has been set for the four defendants.

In a separate case, a fifth Abundant Life staff member was charged in Caroline last month with an assault that is believed to have occurred in June.

Nathaniel Daniel, who has since been removed as a program director at the school, is charged with sexual battery in Caroline Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court. A tip to police led to that charge. No other details have been released in that case, but a court date should be set soon, Lippa said.

Abundant Life Academy is a therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens. The school’s mission is to “equip students and families to live a life of love, acceptance and forgiveness through modeling and training of biblical principles, bridging the gap between parents and children,” according to its application when it filed to set up shop in the county.

It is in the location of the former Easter Seals and Remuda Ranch building off Passing Road near Sparta.

The Caroline County Board of Supervisors approved the school last July.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
More about the new version of Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #294 on: August 10, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »
Caroline boarding school probed
BY PORTSIA SMITH / THE FREE LANCE–STAR, June 19th, 2014

The Caroline County Sheriff’s Office is investigating three separate incidents involving students at Abundant Life Academy, a Christian-based boarding school for troubled teens, that have led to charges against school staff members.

The investigations began in April after four male students ran away from the former Remuda Ranch off Passing Road near Sparta.

According to a police report, the four juveniles ran away from the school in the middle of the night after breaking a window and stealing a Gator utility vehicle from a school shed. The date of the incident was not released.

The vehicle apparently ran out of gas, and the group was found walking along a road by a King George County deputy, the report said.

The King George deputy contacted the Caroline Sheriff’s Office about the teens.

The report noted an alarm at the school had gone off, but that law enforcement was not notified by the school about the missing students.

The teens told police that they were headed north to get away from the school and “made statements that things weren’t right” at Abundant Life, according to the report.

No charges were filed against the students.

But Caroline deputies began an investigation that has led to charges against several Abundant Life Academy staff members.

Direct indictments were made against four staff members, who are no longer employed as the school. The four appeared in Caroline Circuit Court on Thursday involving an alleged assault on a student on Feb. 14.

Jovany Rivera, 21, Timothy Jordan, 26, Liam Galligan, 44, and 49-year-old William Honea are each charged with assault and battery and assault by mob. The charges are misdemeanors. They are accused of committing a continuous assault on a student at Abundant Life.

An Aug. 6 trial has been set for the four in circuit court.

In a separate case, a fifth Abundant Life staff member was arrested in Caroline on Saturday for an assault that is believed to have occurred earlier this month.

Nathaniel Daniel, listed on the school’s website as a program director, is charged with sexual battery in Caroline Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court. A tip to police led to that charge. No other details have been released in that case.

The Sheriff’s Office is also investigating a complaint about another incident believed to have occurred last fall, when about 15 students were “placed into a dangerous situation as a form of punishment,” according to the police report.

Abundant Life Academy is a therapeutic boarding school whose mission is to “equip students and families to live a life of love, acceptance and forgiveness through modeling and training of biblical principles, bridging the gap between parents and children,” according to its application to the county.

The Caroline County Board of Supervisors approved the school last July.

The board had twice denied the application in 2012 because of concerns, including security issues at the school.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
Trial result
« Reply #295 on: September 23, 2014, 05:01:01 PM »
Former worker at boarding school in Caroline convicted of sex crime (Richmond Times-Dispatch)
August 30, 2014

BOWLING GREEN A former program director at a faith-based boarding school for troubled teens in Virginia was convicted of sexual battery.
Nathaniel Daniel entered an Alford plea to the misdemeanor charge this month in Caroline County Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.

A judge sentenced him to 12 months in prison but suspended it and ordered Daniel to undergo a sex offender evaluation.
Daniel was removed as a program director at the Abundant Life Academy, a boarding school for troubled teens in Milford.
A police tip about an incident in June led to the charge against him. No other details were released.

Four other former workers at the school face trial in October on assault charges in a February incident involving a student.