Author Topic: Jesus fucking Christ, was Whooter right after all?  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus fucking Christ, was Whooter right after all?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:31:14 AM »
Public schools have been restraining kids for awhile now. Kids aren't getting easier to deal with and options that could work aren't being taken seriously. Rather than warehousing kids in megapublic school and force feeding them an approved boring curriculum they could be returning to the old PS system where schools were neighborhood affairs and teachers had a much far reaching control over what they were allowed to teach.

As for the special needs students, they've always been a peculiar institution in most public schools where often the principal prefer to pretend they don't exist and throw them into a special needs ghetto and forget about them.

This leaves the special ed teachers often overwhelmed or poorly equipped to deal with real problem children that need more one on one care than a special ed teacher can provide.

A relative of mine spent about 30 years as an educator in Canada. She called this exact same scenario when I went into school and there was a "special" room for the "special" kids. She said at the time that it will come to pass that those kids being segregated would be victimized sooner or later.

And whether the whooter is right or not is up to you. I never contested his claim that there is and was a problem with abuse in public schools, I just choose to focus my energies on private treatment centers.