Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Elan School

FOI request about Elan

(1/3) > >>

Anonymous:
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/maine-13/e ... orts-4885/

Che Gookin:
Never realized you had to pay for a FOIA request, but I guess it makes a little sense given they have to go through and find all the documents and make copies of them.

And 1974 to 2011, that's going to be a shitload of paper.

Anonymous:
I wonder who this person is and why they're willing to spend the money?

Che Gookin:

--- Quote ---About Us

Cofounder Michael Morisy is an award-winning journalist who has had worked featured in Business 2.0, the New England Center for Investigative Journalism, New York Daily News and many other national and local publications. He can be reached at [email protected].

News Editor Tom Nash was among the earliest MuckRock users, while serving as editor of hyperlocal news website Post Somerville. He can be reached at [email protected].

--- End quote ---

Looks like he's a journo of some sort.

Anonymous:
I've already contacted him. The documents he got don't amount to anything. Could that be all they have? Is there another agency who would have been in charge of investigating Elan?

Honestly, I don't know why I bother asking questions that no one will see. Being banned from new posts is more than avoiding Elan annoyances, it kicked survivors out of this community. There were no rules during the time, and there are thousands of Elan survivors who didn't participate in it. There are many who will never find this forum. You guys are punishing people you've never met.

Finding this place made my life worse, but there are some who may find healing and they won't have to suffer because the attacks will not be tolerated.

I've admitted my part in all of this and make no excuses or apologies for any of it. There were no rules. I'm not asking for myself, ban me for all I care, actually, why not ban the offending people? You've kept us and pretty much locked out the ones who did nothing

I ask that the moderators please allow this forum in new posts. I can assure you'll not have a problem from me, and from what I've seen so far, I don't foresee a problem from anyone else

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version