Author Topic: Are foster kids toast?  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Are foster kids toast?
« on: July 29, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »
I guess that Danish foster kids are toast. In Denmark everyone who wants to be a foster parent has to sit in and enjoy a 2-day course where understanding of all kinds of emotional stuff are taught so the foster parents can deal with even the most complex issues the foster kids can come with. The politicians in the Danish parliament have discovered that placement in foster families are a lot cheaper than a placement in a specialized group home, so a lot of group homes have been closed the previous years. Unfortunately most foster parents (76 percent according to a survey done by Denmarks Radio) would rather like to cash in and avoid the schooling, so they just stay away. They are allowed to remain foster parents despite the lack of education due to shortage of families willing to be foster parents.

So Danish children are toast and victims of greedy foster parents and social workers who should have been fired years ago.

What about the states? Are they better? A recent remark on a blog tell how the foster kids have to endure:

Quote from: "Brandon Gollu"
I’m 18 and in foster care. I live in Staten Island New York. My current foster parent barley buys food she gets $1800.00 a month to take care of me. everyday I buy my own food. I’m a foster kid at seamens society for children and families. The agency told me to buy my own food even when I was a minor please help me I don’t know what to do anymore I’m barley making it this foster parent of mine is using the money to fix up her house and barley taking care of me

Is he toast or is there a place where he can get help?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »