Author Topic: Anybody like drinking beer and listening to Pink Floyd?  (Read 6781 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Anybody like drinking beer and listening to Pink Floyd?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2001, 05:15:29 PM »
Amazon Kickbacks
I don't have an ethical problem with it. If I make a good enough case for someone to go out and buy a book, whoever sells it to them gets a profit (hopefully). With the associates account (and Amazon is not the only one doing this, we have many choices), they're betting 5% - 15% of the gross sale price that a personal recomendation in the context of debate and discussion is a better advertising investment than mass media generic advertising. I'm providing a service by directing customers to their business. Why shouldn't I get a commission?

For future reference, if anyone out there is ever compelled to purchase a book on my recomendation but you dislike me so much that you don't want me getting a penny from the sale, just remove the 'circlofmiamithem' from the end of the url. You'll still get the same book at the same price, but Amazon won't have to pay out a commission.

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://trebach.org/conference.html'>Saving our Children from Drug Treatment Abuse

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2002, 10:46:00 AM »
I stayed sober for about 4 years, but now I like to rekax with a smoke every now and then, but I don't drink or anything else...to busy with my career...lisa
EOW  

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2002, 02:38:00 AM »
The correct questiion is who doesn't like floyd and a doobie and relaxin the time away. Miller Newton needs to be forced to smoke weed. He is a problem.

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2002, 10:25:00 PM »
Beer Floyd weed :smile: :grin: yes
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2002, 03:28:00 AM »
Were have you been girl?  Give me a holler

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2002, 03:32:00 AM »
Its been awhile since I used this board, I come up as anonymous, but its me Lestat.  You still got my yahoo instant messenger ID?

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2002, 09:46:00 AM »
I didn't see you online for ages, so I took your name off my yahoo, but I would gladly put it back on again if you wanted to give it to me again.
Partying huh? lol.. I can't drink beer, I hate the way it tastes and I always get headaches from it, hard liquor on the other hand is fine. (strange isn't it)?
I haven't drank in over a year, I hate the way I feel and I'm not myself, I'm more of a coffee shop person.
Take care Lestat
usan Minns

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2002, 01:52:00 PM »
We werent special, druggie, or anything!  We were all accepted because our parents had insurance, or the courts order us there because our parents had insurance.!  Think about it!  Look back at the whole thing without your Rose Colored Glasses!

Well Iam here to set the story "STRAIGHT"!!!!!  lol  I was on staff and we were alll taught that any intake was a good intake!  It didnt matter if you did drugs or thought about doing drugs.  You were going to be a member of our private group!!!!!!!!  You paid our bills!!!!!!   Sorry, don"t get your  hopes up.  We didn't give a shit about you!

Sorry I was so blunt up there.  But its the truth

Believe me I've never seen anything about Straight through rose-colored glasses.  I knew from day one that there was something terribly wrong with the place and my #1 goal was to escape, which I eventually did.  

Now as far as beer and Pink Floyd go, I'll take the beer but I prefer The Stooges, The Ramones, or The Stranglers over Pink Floyd any day, unless of course you're talking about "Piper at the Gates of Dawn".
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2002, 03:08:00 AM »
Oh come on, how could you take me off your list of friends?!!!  lol   We'll I don't know about you.  But I've got alot of new stories to tell about this last summer.  Its been a real bitch.  But as always, I've come out on top.  Got a new farm and all that.  How strange.  Never seen myself as a farmer.  My ID is the same as before   lestat49203  give me a shout.

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2002, 06:15:00 AM »
What's up Lestat? I don't know why you were taken off the list, but I am glad you are back. After my 3 and a half stay at straight when I got out I stayed straight for a whole year I was so freaked out. Then all hell broke loose, my parents were searching the old room, found pot, and just like straight taught them, I was out of there. Hit the streets, live in your car, quit college, doesn't matter your phi theta kappa. Well, I gave up and devoted my life to drugs for a long time. I tripped every day for years while doing all sorts of drugs. Really got burnt. Now, I don't do as many drugs just toke and shroom, but I resent the hell out of straight and words can't describe the way I feel about life now although it is good to a degree. We will all have our day.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2002, 08:58:00 AM »
I didn't mean to, I just thought you didn't come online anymore, but I added you just now as I wrote this, so you are back on my friends list now.
A farmer is awesome, I wish I could live on the farm. I don't have much to tell you about my summer, same old stuff at work, different day, I also don't like the hot weather, so I stay inside air conditioning most of the time, but I have some halarious stories to tell you about my fiance, lol.
Anyway, hope to catch you online sometime. Enjoy the countryside! :smile: you deserve it.. ttyl
On 2002-10-09 00:08:00, Anonymous wrote:
Oh come on, how could you take me off your list of friends?!!!  lol   We'll I don't know about you.  But I've got alot of new stories to tell about this last summer.  Its been a real bitch.  But as always, I've come out on top.  Got a new farm and all that.  How strange.  Never seen myself as a farmer.  My ID is the same as before   lestat49203  give me a shout.
usan Minns

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »
I am new to finding this site but am wondering and hoping it is you I knew all those years ago?  Floyd is one of my favs.  I was alsked to leave too......boo figin hoo.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »
I like to shoot smack (or other narcotics--mainly dilaudid or morphine these days) and listen to a little Floyd, but I find Spiritualized to be more gratifying, and in a similar vein (pun intended).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »
On 2002-10-06 19:25:00, kaydeejaded wrote:

" Beer Floyd weed :smile: :grin: yes

"

Thank you GOD, this is NOT my life!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »
Pink Floyd, CCR, Alman Brothers, Van Morrison, Greatful Dead.....  Lynard Skynard, Led Zeplin....      Bob dylan even....

Well, someone mentioned margaritas on a SUnday Night.....   I prefer saturday, so you can sleep in on Sunday morning....   you now....  when us hethans sleep right through church!!!!!

Kelly C.