Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Facility Question and Answers

Into the Belly of the Beast, the Comparison

<< < (8/9) > >>

psy:

--- Quote from: "lifeboat" ---Caroline Wolf was a former CEDU student and knew all the tricks of the trade.  She had a unique way of Indicting children in raps.  Caroline would scream at girls for "selling their ass" and / or "running the streets of LA."  She was married to Randy Eide (former CEDU student) when I was at RMA.  Randy had an inappropriate relationship  with a female student and Randy & Caroline divorced shortly thereafter.
--- End quote ---
Reminds me of what somebody I was in program with once said.  He said they turned us into animals.  That we fed on each other to survive.  And that's indeed what we did.  You had to attack others, to report on others, to demonstrate your loyalty in an effort to avoid being suspected or attacked yourself (but at the same time, you couldn't over-do it or you would be accused of sucking up).  There was nothing at all healthy about it.  All it did was teach people to be cynical, distrustful, and to learn the best way to eviscerate somebody verbally by discovering and exploiting their weaknesses.

Che Gookin:
Requiring the detainees to hold each other accountable is/was a part of 3 springs. It served the purpose of using the detainees to keep each other in check by playing on their desires to want to go home.

It's a control mechanism driven by the bait and switch method. Very simple to use, works well for the most part, and it is easy to implement with poorly trained individuals. It's not exclusive to programs either, I'm sure we've all experienced the occasional tin pot two bit dictator type at work or elsewhere.

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "Che Gookin" ---What prompted the change from the ultra-violent 70s to the less violent yet more creepy cedu-esque 80s?

Do you think this played a long term role in the eventual closure of Elan?
--- End quote ---
I believe the death of Phil Williams in the ring (murder) scared them into a less violent approach.

Muppeteer, good to see you   :rose:

Che Gookin:

--- Quote from: "Wayne Kernochan" ---
--- Quote from: "Che Gookin" ---What prompted the change from the ultra-violent 70s to the less violent yet more creepy cedu-esque 80s?

Do you think this played a long term role in the eventual closure of Elan?
--- End quote ---
I believe the death of Phil Williams in the ring (murder) scared them into a less violent approach.

Muppeteer, good to see you   :rose:
--- End quote ---

Back the @##$ up... someone was murdered in the ring?

Anonymous:
The M.E. was never told that Phil was beaten in  the head for a half hour before his death

Elan survivors witnessed it. I've only heard about it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version