Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Aspen Education Group

Blog about Dr. Phil's repeated use of Aspen Education Group

<< < (3/3)

DannyB II:
Elan had a room on the second floor of Elan 3. They placed mattresses around the walls and on the floor, this is where I spent my first 4-5 days kicking my heroin habit. There were two others in with me also. I was 16yrs old and the other two were 15 years old. I bounced back much easier at 16 then I did at 28yrs when I kicked heroin for the second time and last time I might add. It is pure freaking hell to abstain from that drug. Thank god they have drugs today that can deal with the withdrawals.
They actually have a name for the effects of withdrawals today PAWS - Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome.  
http://www.addictioncareoptions.com/spe ... drome-paws
These T/C's and Wilderness Programs need to held accountable, science has progressed to the point that the "withdrawal treatment plan" for the drugs these kids were taking is clearly outlined now. I don't believe it includes a 5 mile hike up a mountain in the desert, sparsely hydrated...WTF!!

Mitt Romney:
My Daughter was stabilized for a week, under a doctor’s care, prior to traveling to SUWS wilderness program.  I believe that SUWS now requires this of all kids prior to being accepted into the program now.  If programs don’t do this I think this would be a great area which could be improved.  Sending kids, with unknown medical conditions, into a wilderness program is extremely dangerous as we have all found out in the past.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version