Author Topic: HR 3126 is back..  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
HR 3126 is back..
« on: April 27, 2013, 08:50:26 PM »
Been hearing about it on facebook. I think this is what.. the 3rd time for it?

The approach to it thus far is to get everyone busy calling their congressmen and threatening not to vote for them. I guess that's one way to do it, though I put little faith in it. I suggest calling your local political organizations and cultivating a relationship, NO pervo business intended either so calm down boys, with the members to get their support. One or even 10 people calling and threatening not to vote for a congressman is something I suspect they've heard before on numerous occasions, but having someone call with a larger local voting group behind him is something different entirely.

From what I understand, the last version of HR 3126 didn't mention anything to do with religious programs. Where as and witherfore HR 911 gave them an exemption. I think that's a step in the right direction. Those fundie programs really give me the heebie jeebies. I'll blame my Universalist liberalism for that I guess.

Still not sure how it is going to work funding wise. Sounds to me like the biggest issue beyond this "parental rights" problem is scratching together 50 million or what not to fund a regulatory agency. I wonder if maybe the government ought to consider enforcing a direct tax on programs to fund their own regulatory agency. Be pretty ironic and well deserved, no reason why the tax payers should have to foot the bill for baby sitting a bunch of psycho program owners to make sure they aren't killing, raping, abusing, and/or neglecting the detainees.

Anyhow, thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline YV23

• View Profile
Re: HR 3126 is back..
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 12:27:22 AM »
I predict this dies or disappears into the same hole 911 did

The big bosses don't want regulation and the ones who do are quiet. They've all agreed to this already. Residentials won't have regulation until there's a major news story or a movie about them. Until the TV tells people to do something about it

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HR 3126 is back..
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 05:47:19 AM »
I made the suggestion that people keep the fact that the first two got tanked in mind and expect the third one to go the same way. But, rather than worry about HR 3126 passing or failing, rather than using that as a measure of success, we should measure our score based on the number of articles and interviews on the telly by using HR 3126 as a vessel to encourage those articles.

Basically, ride that pony for all its worth for the publicity.

Organize like mofos, I'm certain, very certain one of the things holding is back beyond the fucking republicans are the ways we try to engage congress. We need to get way more organized and find better strategies beyond screaming we aren't going to vote for someone over the phone at them.

I wager they hear it a lot and probably aren't that bothered by it.