Author Topic: Re: Boulder Creek Academy Curriculum Design?? REALLY???  (Read 5840 times)

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
Re: Boulder Creek Academy Curriculum Design?? REALLY???
« on: May 05, 2013, 12:36:20 AM »
Staff at Boulder Creek Academy are role models for the children and lead by example????

This is spam and it would be a terrible shame IF it were true. See viewforum.php?f=62 Read carefully. Adam McLain former unlicensed head clinician at Peninsula Village  is CEO of Boulder Creek Academy AND Northwest Academy. Both are now owned by UHS. These facilities have a new name, but a rich history.
viewforum.php?f=11
They are located in the area of the Ruby Ridge shootout http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge.
A while back I read an article that described "feeling the energy" of the Ruby Ridge confrontation as one walked around the grounds of the facility for troubled teens located there. I would prefer not to feel that energy, thank you.
I am sure Adam is much more comfortable at this location than he was in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains.
What is this??? http://www.bouldercreekacademy.com/abou ... -our-team/
OUCH!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Boulder Creek Academy Curriculum Design
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 01:57:27 PM »
Based on the posting history, it does look like that poster is automated.  Removing it and all posts now and moving this thread to the CEDU forum (if I remember correctly, BCA is a CEDU>RMA derivative).  Welcome back, BTW.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 01:19:50 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Based on the posting history, it does look like that poster is automated.  Removing it and all posts now and moving this thread to the CEDU forum (if I remember correctly, BCA is a CEDU>RMA derivative).  Welcome back, BTW.
Thank you, Psy.
It was my hope that Adam McLain would never have the opportunity to abuse other children the way he abused my child  at Peninsula Village viewforum.php?f=62 before he was fired in 2009.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 03:40:55 PM »
Quote from: "stoodoodog"
Quote from: "psy"
Thank you, Psy.
It was my hope that Adam McLain would never have the opportunity to abuse other children the way he abused my child  at Peninsula Village http://fornits.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=62 before he was fired in 2009.
Not surprising. Now he's listed as CEO on BCA's website

Dr. Adam McLain
Chief Executive Officer

Dr. McLain has created a legacy of helping adolescents push past self-imposed limitations to find the courage to reach for greater possibilities. Throughout his career, he has held strategic positions that allowed him to support the growth of struggling adolescents. Adam began his career as a clinician, working directly with teenagers and has held a variety of roles on his way to becoming Chief Executive Officer. He has worked in this field for more than 18 years. As leader of Boulder Creek Academy, his vision and leadership are instrumental in developing strategies that translate to the quality of service we provide to our students and their families. Dr. McLain seeks to enrich and strengthen Boulder Creek Academy by recruiting and hiring top-notch and caring professionals to his team. He is also the Chief Executive Office of our sister school, Northwest Academy, which has seen tremendous growth under his direction. He holds a doctorate in psychology and received his undergraduate degree from Olivet Nazarene University. When not in his office, Adam, can often be found challenging a group of students to a game of flag football or working out alongside them in our campus weight room. Dr. McLain and his wife have two children. In his free time, he enjoys participating in just about any sport from basketball, golf, football to skiing.

Any articles or documentation pertaining to his presumably involuntary dismissal from PV?  Gotta love how vague the little blurb is on the website.  Apparently he's worked in "the field" 18 years and yet not one specific place is listed.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)