Author Topic: Two Girls ESCAPE from Acadia Village 11.12.12  (Read 10651 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Two Girls ESCAPE from Acadia Village 11.12.12
« on: November 13, 2012, 04:38:34 PM »
Even MORE bad news for Joey Joe Joe and Acadia Healthcare.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/241825/2/Blount-Co-resident-helps-deputies-recapture-escaped-teen-girls

A couple of teenage girls who escaped from a residential treatment center in Blount County were recaptured after the quick thinking of a man who lived nearby.

According to Sheriff James Berrong, the two girls, ages 15 and 17, were in staying at the Acadia Village Residential Center on Jones Bend Road.  Monday evening around 8:30, the girls set of a fire alarm as a distraction and took off.

After leaving the center, Berrong says the two girls broke into a nearby house, stole cash and car keys, and were attempting to steal the homeowner's vehicle when they were caught and scared off.

The girls then went to another residence nearby, knocked on the door, and told the homeowner a story about needing a ride to go see one of the girl's sick mother.

The sheriff says the homeowner invited then in and played along, then called and told authorities where the girls were.  Deputies arrived and took them back into custody around 11:40 p.m.
The teens are now in custody at the Blount Count Juvenile Detention Facility.  They are each charged with delinquent by aggravated burglary and delinquent by theft of property
of a motor vehicle over $10,000.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Two Girls ESCAPE from Acadia Village 11.12.12
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 05:02:02 AM »
One only hopes they spend a few days in a much safer Blount County durance vile versus Acadia's Rocky Mountain Horror Show of a Program.

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »
Che Gookin wrote :
> One only hopes they spend a few days in a much safer Blount County durance
> vile versus Acadia's Rocky Mountain Horror Show of a Program.

Che, I don't know about much safer in this case. I have never heard a story about The Blount County Jail and detention facilities being reasonable.
I have heard (and believe) they especially don't like minorities-here is one example,unfortunately done pro se, but I don't think the out come would have been any different.
http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/tennessee/tnedce/3:2009cv00277/54454/9/
PV kids knew better than to do what these two girls did, and we have the stories on this thread about trying to swim across the lake etc...
From what I have heard and read, the Acadia experience is much looser and less restrictive.
I have been trying to keep this thread up to date with the info I get. A lot of people don't know about the Acadia Healthcare/UHS connection although I saw that Zen brought it up a few times on the Keep and Eye on PSI and UHS group of FB.
Good to see you back on Fornits. Facebook gives me hives.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 06:04:52 AM »
Any updates on the two young ladies?

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 04:59:18 PM »
Not yet.  I'm curious as to why they took the risk and ran - just opportunity, or a result of piss-poor treatment?  It is a shame they can't make any public statements, but of course they would be branded "liars" if they cast aspersions on the Village.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 03:13:05 AM »
Well, thinking back to all the kids I had to chase after...

90 percent were escapes of opportunity, they saw a chance and took it. Very very few were actually planned out. I think most just get the impulse to run and when they slow down enough to think about it they realize how deep of @#$# they are in and start running even more.

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 06:48:52 PM »
According to Sheriff James Berrong
[/b]

Stunned that Berrong is still Sheriff in Blount County. He was a very good friend to Peninsula Village. When I called the department in 8/06 to report that I had witnessed my daughter being assaulted by staff at PV I was told by officer Alan Grundston (sp) that they could only take a report if a staff member had been assaulted.

http://www.blounttn.net/sheriffthreats.htm

Since Acadia Healthcare took over and assaults on staff are at an all time high, there must be more members of the BCSD  whose asses are less than two axe handles wide.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 09:12:30 PM »
1) I'd just love to know where you get your intel.

2) Who are they detaining at that awful place? I mean what kind of kids are these for christ sake?

I also kind of wonder what they term as an assault. Further, I wonder if they are exercising the de-escalation principles properly? You can't close in on an angry person and expect anything good to come out of it.

Are the staffers being overly aggressive and instigating these "assaults'? Are they being huge pussies and crying about having a kid lash out after they got into the kid's face? Lot of questions here... you won't find the answers in the paperwork either as most of the time the contributing factors are obfuscated in vague generalized terms to gloss over the facts that make the staff look bad.

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 02:44:58 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
1) I'd just love to know where you get your intel.

2) Who are they detaining at that awful place? I mean what kind of kids are these for christ sake?

I also kind of wonder what they term as an assault. Further, I wonder if they are exercising the de-escalation principles properly? You can't close in on an angry person and expect anything good to come out of it.

Are the staffers being overly aggressive and instigating these "assaults'? Are they being huge pussies and crying about having a kid lash out after they got into the kid's face? Lot of questions here... you won't find the answers in the paperwork either as most of the time the contributing factors are obfuscated in vague generalized terms to gloss over the facts that make the staff look bad.

1) I would love to say something mysterious like phone calls from beyond the grave, but I live close enough to Acadia Village that sometimes it is as simple as eavesdropping at the checkout line in the grocery store. Also my hatred of the joint is well known and sometimes the intel just comes to me. Sometimes I go looking for it.

2) Acadia Healthcare's profits are good, http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/05/01/ ... djusted-e/ but I don't think the Village is doing very well.
I don't know who they are detaining these days.While Acadia rides PV's coat tails claiming they have been in business for 27 years, they don't seem as eager to proclaim themselves as "a world class treatment facility" like PV did. Also I believe Adam McLain considered himself Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas, or was that Idi Amin? I get the two mixed up.

Also, this tidbit from Glassdoor http://www.glassdoor.com/Interview/Acad ... 294209.htm indicates to me that they are desperate for people to take those $9/per hour "mental health associate/behavioral health technician" jobs. See "Interview Question – What do you know about The Village?" If you want the job, the right answer is "nothing".
I read in a PV group on FB that they park the kids in front of a TV all day now-don't know if that is true or not. TV was forbidden at PV.
Che, I used the term assault when I called BCSD to report the famous five cow pile up on my daughter in August of 2006. They didn't utilize proper de-escalation techniques before, so I doubt they do now.
There are lots of questions. I know local advocates have tried to get visits to Acadia Village and have been turned down.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 09:34:14 AM »
By golly, I bet even a heathen like me could get a job there.

::puke::