Author Topic: Provo Canyon School pose a danger to its surroundings  (Read 958 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Provo Canyon School pose a danger to its surroundings
« on: October 28, 2012, 03:16:24 PM »
When you decide to hold teenagers and against their will and behaps even force them to take medication they are dangerous in traffic if they escape. A tragedy happened just months ago. Here is an article from the local news:

Man finds home intruder wearing his clothing
by Noah Bond, ABC4, May 21, 2012

-------
PROVO, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A Provo man returned to his home Sunday evening to find something almost scripted out of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears".

He noticed his iPad out of the case where he left it and on a charger.  Next, he heard a rustle.  "I hear my bedroom door open upstairs and it’s an open balcony so I can actually see up into my bedroom door and then I see this big black kid wearing my clothes coming out of my bedroom," said Andrew Alger.

Alger felt a sudden wave of shock at seeing a strange man in his clothing in his home.  He didn't know what to say and then the alleged intruder spoke.

Alger recalled, "I just froze and I couldn’t say anything and he spoke first and he said, 'Sir I’m really sorry that I’m in your house.'"

He could see the 17-year-old's pockets bulging.  Alger asked him to empty the contents, which included cash and Alger's car keys, he said.      

He also noticed an empty drink on the counter.  Alger suspects the 17-year-old was inside his home for several minutes before he walked in on him.

Next, Alger made a deal with the intruder.  "I said if you leave now and you don’t take anything, I’ll let you wear those clothes out and I will not call the police and so he chose to do that," he said.  

The 17-year-old suspect walked out the front door, in only his socks, and meandered out the front driveway.  He continued about 50 steps and sat down on a rock where he rested for about a minute before disappearing in the nearby woods.

Back inside the house, Alger immediately broke his promise and called police.  Officers used tracking dogs to try and find the suspect, but by the time they arrived the 17-year-old had likely already stolen a Mercedes SUV.

He drove it through The Provo Canyon School parking lot, where he was receiving rehabilitative treatment.  Next he led police on a high speed chase along 300 South in Provo.  

Officers turned off their lights and backed off because the suspect was allegedly swerving through traffic.  

According to police, he continued speeding until he slammed into another car at 1860 South University Avenue.    

Two people in the other car were injured.  The 65-year-old passenger died.  The driver is in critical condition at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.

The 17-year-old suspect ran from the crash scene towards I-15.  A Provo sergeant who was driving to work saw the running teen and arrested him.  

He was booked into the Slate Canyon Detention Center for burglary, vehicle theft and manslaughter.  

Below is a statement from the Provo Canyon School where the suspect was receiving treatment:
------
We are deeply saddened by the tragedy that has occurred and our heartfelt condolences go to the
family of those involved in this incident.

Provo C
anyon School takes the safety and the wellbeing of their patients very seriously.  Since the
beginning of this incident, the management and staff of Provo Canyon School have cooperated fully with
all the authorities concerned with this investigation and will continue to do so until it is completed.

Due to strict patient confidentiality and privacy laws, the facility is precluded from discussing specific
details of individual patient cases with others outside law enforcement and regulatory agencies.

Provo Canyon School is an intensive residential treatment center that has been providing
excellence in substance abuse, mental health and behavioral health treatment for troubled teens
and pre­teens for over 40 years.

Brad Gerrard
Chief Executive Offìcer
---------

Source url: http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Man-finds-home-intruder-wearing-his-clothing/9Hsm4JcDMkyINlfUBYMY4A.cspx
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »