Author Topic: Peninsula Village behavioral management  (Read 1613 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Peninsula Village behavioral management
« on: February 25, 2007, 06:38:47 PM »
Straight from the source. They fail to mention their use of chemical restraints...

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 07:14:33 PM »
How's the lawsuit coming? I assume these things were just entered in as evidence?

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 04:36:21 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
How's the lawsuit coming? I assume these things were just entered in as evidence?

Hard to say...you mean our lawsuit against PV, or theirs against me?

No, only joking.  Can't really say, although I'm about to pick up the phone and drop dime... I'll PM you about that later.

This bit of nasty is from NAMI.  What's really odd is the Metro Pulse article mentioned has disappeared from their archives.  Fear stinks.

1994/reported by mother and Metro Pulse 1/97[/i]

TENNESSEE

Blount County

Pennisula Village (residential treatment facility for adolescents)

12-year-old female in Special Treatment Unit placed in straightjacket

* "It?s called a burrito?I would be in the middle of the floor where everybody could watch me."

* medication cut in half against advice of regular psychiatrist; discharged in handcuffs in worse condition than when admitted

* STU patients can write home, but cannot receive mail from or talk on phone with parents; girl wrote letters that family never received

* for "less serious outbursts," staff take patients down to ground and pin them

* more serious episodes put patients in a "burrito" or 5 point leather restraints on a bed

* doors are locked, windows covered, lights on 24 hours a day

My daughter went through the opposite with medication - they put her on 300 mg. of Effexor, which is a massive amount.  She managed to tell her mom in an e-mail about the mad dosage.  My wife called PV, and surprise - the next day they cut her down to an immoderate but lesser dosage of 150 mg.  The young lady who's story I posted recently was on 120 mg. of Abilify.  Way too much.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Escape from the former Pennisula Village
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 02:17:06 PM »
Blount Co. resident helps deputies recapture escaped teen girls
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 13, 2012 - WBIR

A couple of teenage girls who escaped from a residential treatment center in Blount County were recaptured after the quick thinking of a man who lived nearby.

According to Sheriff James Berrong, the two girls, ages 15 and 17, were in staying at the Acadia Village Residential Center on Jones Bend Road.  Monday evening around 8:30, the girls set of a fire alarm as a distraction and took off.

After leaving the center, Berrong says the two girls broke into a nearby house, stole cash and car keys, and were attempting to steal the homeowner's vehicle when they were caught and scared off.

The girls then went to another residence nearby, knocked on the door, and told the homeowner a story about needing a ride to go see one of the girl's sick mother.

The sheriff says the homeowner invited then in and played along, then called and told authorities where the girls were.  Deputies arrived and took them back into custody around 11:40 p.m.

The teens are now in custody at the Blount Count Juvenile Detention Facility.  They are each charged with delinquent by aggravated burglary and delinquent by theft of property of a motor vehicle over $10,000.

Sources:
http://www.wbir.com/news/article/241825/2/Blount-Co-resident-helps-deputies-recapture-escaped-teen-girls