Author Topic: An Elan thought....To everyone  (Read 2247 times)

Offline JNAILZ

• View Profile
An Elan thought....To everyone
« on: February 04, 2004, 06:03:00 PM »
I have spent many hours trolling through the internet, seeing Elan sites and reading stories and learning of survivors.

With all the intelligent and experienced Elan Alum, why not get together and do something about it. Why not atart our own program where we can actually help others who are like us when we were younger. A program that combines the discipline needed but the insight and understanding to actually help others? I recieved my degree in Psychology and have worked for several program that suck, so I changed professions. But with the right people and funding, instead of bitching about what i wrong with Elan, why not make a program that is right.

One concept I liked about Elan is that many aff had been through there own shit. Perhaps they did not have the right mentality and self dignity to help others the proper way. Maybe somewhere along the line they forgot where they had come from. Thats when a real leader lets that staff member go before a child gets hurt. Joe Ricci cold never do that, it was a cash cow for him. But what if some of us got together and actually made a difference in this world, preventing others from going through what we had to.

I will not elaborate more because I am not sure if anyone will even repond to this, but I wold love others inputes. If Joe Ricci can start a program and have it all messed up why can't we have one that really does some good?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline JNAILZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »
He reffered to me a bit, about what and why the hell?

Offline Marina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »
Hey John,

I remember your name being mentioned as well. Pete liked talking about the athletic graduates but don't ask me about it cause I never really paid much attention to Pete's groups, they bored me to death.

I love your idea, not sure how I could help, but I'm offering my support.

Jordan, I've already told you that I'm willing to help you with the documentary, just keep me updated about it.

Peace!

Offline Pete

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/lifeline
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 10:56:00 PM »
Jon,

I had an idea for a program like that.  I even created an old Web site.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/lifeline

By the way, you have refused to say one word to me since that thing with my ex in 2001.  Are you really that judgemental?  We might have different beliefs, but I certainly respect yours.

I don't want to get into the subject matter here -- after all she is an Elan alum and I don't want to drag it out here.  But why have you not replied to a single e-mail?  I'm not saying this out of anger -- you were really nice to me when I was visiting Boston.  But you haven't said hello since.

Take care,
Pete

Offline JNAILZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 11:07:00 PM »
Peter,
      I am sorry to say that I do not remember what happened with you X. If somehow I offended you I sincerly apologize. I cannot remember the last time you tried to contact me. When you were in Boston I thought I went out of my way to spend as much time as I could with you (while i was working) and do not remember any ill will. I f so I am sorry. If you would like to elaborate on this feel free to email me at [email protected]. Maybe If you jog my memory I can elaborate on my actions. Jon.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 12:13:00 AM »
Jon,

You didn't offend me, but I thought your beliefs had caused you to write me off after I made the choice I did.  I will email you soon and it's good to hear from you again.

Pete

Offline JNAILZ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 12:21:00 AM »
My beliefs are my beliefs, not yours or anyone elses. Same as you. You never ccan write someone off for having different beliefs, and I certainly would not.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »
Cool.  I emailed you, by the way.

Offline Leticia De Luna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »
On 2004-02-04 15:03:00, JNAILZ wrote:

"I have spent many hours trolling through the internet, seeing Elan sites and reading stories and learning of survivors.

With all the intelligent and experienced Elan Alum, why not get together and do something about it. Why not atart our own program where we can actually help others who are like us when we were younger. A program that combines the discipline needed but the insight and understanding to actually help others? I recieved my degree in Psychology and have worked for several program that suck, so I changed professions. But with the right people and funding, instead of bitching about what i wrong with Elan, why not make a program that is right.

One concept I liked about Elan is that many aff had been through there own shit. Perhaps they did not have the right mentality and self dignity to help others the proper way. Maybe somewhere along the line they forgot where they had come from. Thats when a real leader lets that staff member go before a child gets hurt. Joe Ricci cold never do that, it was a cash cow for him. But what if some of us got together and actually made a difference in this world, preventing others from going through what we had to.

I will not elaborate more because I am not sure if anyone will even repond to this, but I wold love others inputes. If Joe Ricci can start a program and have it all messed up why can't we have one that really does some good?"

Sounds like a great idea Jon.... if anything ever comes of it, let me know!! I would support something like that... keep in touch.

Offline Leticia De Luna

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 08:11:00 AM »
On 2004-02-04 17:58:00, Marina wrote:

"   Hey John,

I remember your name being mentioned as well. Pete liked talking about the athletic graduates but don't ask me about it cause I never really paid much attention to Pete's groups, they bored me to death.

I love your idea, not sure how I could help, but I'm offering my support.

Jordan, I've already told you that I'm willing to help you with the documentary, just keep me updated about it.

Peace!"

Peter Rowe definetly had(s) his favorites....  you almost always can guess who they were; 'Cause they usually were members of the Expeditors Crew!!
Right Jon...  "PRP!"  That's all good too,  Pete's perogative I guess.
Anyway, Peter really took to Jon. That's cool... :smile: