Author Topic: Why there was a Holocaust Museum protest and why the St Pete  (Read 4455 times)

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
Why there was a Holocaust Museum protest and why the St Pete
« on: January 26, 2004, 08:22:00 PM »
I had nothing to do with the planning or organization of the recent protest of the Holocaust Museum function. I did, however, cover it on my web page in almost real-time. I have just published an editorial which hopefully will shed further light on why the protesters felt justified in what they did--at least from my point of view. I have sent a copy of my report to the St. Petersburg Times which decided to cover the awards banquet but ignore the disturbance outside. Here is my editorial:

http://thestraights.com/articles/holoca ... verage.htm

Wes Fager

[ This Message was edited by: wesfager on 2004-01-27 08:33 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline Walstib14

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »
Hey Wes "Faker",

Thanks for responding to my email asking for your advise and direction...

Rich Mayflower Survivor 82-83

[ This Message was edited by: Walstib14 on 2004-01-26 20:35 ]
ometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »
He's not the f*cking wizard of oz, a**hole... :roll:

SHOW SOME RESPECT!

Nothing is denied to well-directed labor, and nothing is ever to be
attained without it.
--Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792)

Offline Walstib14

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »
Maybe he should speak for himself.
ometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 01:16:00 AM »

On 2004-01-26 20:59:00, morli wrote:

"He's not the f*cking wizard of oz, a**hole... :grin:  :grin: You got knocked the fuck out !! :grin:
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline wesfager

• View Profile
    • http://www.thestraights.com
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »
I just made an update to my editorial at 10:00 AM EST.
Wes
es Fager
www.thestraights.com

\"If David Miscaviage can go to his deposition as Admiral Farragut, then Keith Henson can go as Bozo the Clown.\"  Wes Fager

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »
Wes, you said in your article "And why would the local papers refuse to carry the story of such a visible, yet highly unusual protest?"

Mabye because it is a dead issue because Straight is no more.  For those who were abused and mistreated it will continue to be an issue, but Straight is gone.
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »
no, Straight is not gone.  Straight has morphed into the Drug Free America Foundation.  Also, straight was such a pervasive part of the Tampa Bay area that people need to see the irony of Sembler et al being on the  Holocaust Museum board.  Ain't dead by no means.

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »
Straight is not gone, only abusers like you want to think once you do your dirty deeds it is just over.

Why don't you leave it alone, if these things are so in the past.

It is obvious why the papers wouldn't cover it in Florida a Republican State....when Bush is asking Sembler for money. And Straight was a Republican enterprise....

What are you doing here on a survivor website? Shouldn't you be somewhere all happy about the good you have done people. Or are you such a sadist you even enjoy reading about how people have suffered in treatment.

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"  Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."
-- Charlie Brown, _Peanuts_ [Charles Schulz]

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »
Who exactly is this ass??  exsafecounselor??

Does anyone know his real name and address?

Think it's time to pay him a visit!  Anyone want to go with me?

VSP ::armed::

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 12:02:00 PM »
This is the kind of person you are.  You will find out who I am, where I live, and come kick my ass.  When you ar in jail for battery, you will be blaming Straight, your parents, Mel Sembler, and anyone else you can dream up.  It is not what happens to you in life that matters.  It is how you react to it.
 :wave:
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »
No, I'm the type of person that will show up, protest your ass, give documentation to all your neighbours about the program you worked in, then show up at your work and do the same.  

The truth is the truth.  

I will never break the law for the likes of a abuser like you, nice try.  We are not kids, and anyone that is proud to work for SAFE is in my opinion, needs to be exposed in public.

Sounds like fear in your voice, to bad you never listened to the fear in the children you abused.

Look forward to finding out who and where you live.

VSP

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »
On 2004-01-27 09:02:00, exsafecounselor wrote:

"This is the kind of person you are.  You will find out who I am, where I live, and come kick my ass.  When you ar in jail for battery, you will be blaming Straight, your parents, Mel Sembler, and anyone else you can dream up.  It is not what happens to you in life that matters.  It is how you react to it.

:wave:
"

Oh please... You're not even a survivor... I'll talk to you. Got IM? I'd like to hear what you have to say, and understand where you're coming from.

Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make  some of the worst movies in the history of the world.
-- Dave Barry

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »
you are a wussy!!! Pathetic no wonder you had to be staff weakling!!!  :skull:

Real criminals walk free every day to rape, rob, and murder again because the courts are so busy finding consensual criminals guilty of hurting no one but themselves.... To free cells for consensual criminals, real criminals are put on the street every day.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0931580587/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Peter McWilliams

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline jnloar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »
I am not a supporter of violence and do not believe that violence begets violence so I think that anonymous needs to pick his words a bit better, but give me a f*cking break...ex.  Every person here, besides you, knows that is a way of expressing the pent up rage all survivors have, and highly unlikely it would be acted on even though 99% of us have certainly fantasized about it.  As far as your post goes, please leave us alone.  You and I have gone at it on the SAFE sight and I thought come to terms that we agreed to disagree about abuse in treatment in that I was in Straight and not SAFE so I could not be certain about what happened there and vice-versa.
Until you have sat in a blue chair for months and years on end, endured not only mental but physical and for some people, sexual, abuse don't pass judgment on those of us who did.  How prolific of you to give us the reaction statement.  We were teenagers, most of us barely teenagers and those who have not been blessed enough to have therapy to deal with Straight ARE reacting to what happened there, at about whatever mental age we were when we got out.  As someone who is 'a counselor' you should certainly understand the idea behind mental process and how is is stunted and slowed dramatically when someone is abused.  Most survivors have suffered for years thinking we were the only ones who felt crazy, disabled, delusional, suicidal and trying to figure out who we are as people and how to recapture the souls they ripped from us as teens.  To find these boards is a gift that has and can begin the healing for many after years of torment. These boards are many times the very first exposure people have to understanding how many people feel just like they do, and can begin the reaching out to others who are further down the road and can aid them in the process of healing so they CAN get on with life and learn how to not react so strongly to the messages drilled into our heads from that place.  The last thing any of them need, and I only speak for myself here, but would feel safe saying many others feel the same, is to read some post from someone who worked at a spin-off of our own personal hell pontificating on how we basically just need to get over it and stop reacting to the years or abuse and torment we endured.  Not to mention that you insist that Straight is a dead issue when, not only is it carried on, just under  different names BUT will never be dead to those who suffered at it's hand.  Correct, there are no more buildings operating as Straight,Inc programs BUT if you looked into DFAF, you would find that it was Straight Foundation, until I believe 3 years ago when it simply changed its name.  Straight Foundation funded Straight, Inc and many of its board members and staff were directly involved in Straight.  I have no idea why you feel any need to be on a forum that has nothing to do with anything you were a part of.  I understand this forum is open and you are free to be here and post whatever you want but please quit being surprised when people are offended and pissed off that you choose to post here.  As you said, it is how you react, are you not as capable of reacting with an empathetic reply to someone who has been through absolute hell than some in your face, smart ass one?  I know that would make it easier for me and probably others to think you might have our, as in all of us who survived Straight's evil, best interest in mind.  Jennifer