Author Topic: Survivor weekly check in thread  (Read 4754 times)

Offline Therion

• View Profile
Survivor weekly check in thread
« on: January 25, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »
Hey guys I thought Id start a check in thread for all of us. So you can let people know how/what you are up to..and see how everyone else is..it doesnt have to be weekly either..if you have good shit happening let us know...bad shit too. Anything goes, but it has to pertain to you

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-01-25 08:33 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »
Sunday...Had a bad week but thanks to a few very special people in my life (you know who you are ) :wave:  I feel alot better..I have some goals I want to take care of...but wont list them just yet..
I learned that even though you may feel all alone, sometimes theres people that care and you may not even know it :wave:  :wave:

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »
Dammit 12 looks and no posts...Cmon guys what ya been up to? Humor me, I live in small town and have no life hehe..

Offline Diane B

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »
OK...I have just moved to a small town myself and my hubby finally moved the iguana (his pet NOT mine) here.  he got home so late last night he waited to put together his cage..(it is huge) so he decided it would be ok just to close her up in the master bathroom... I woke up at 7:00 am to this 4 foot monster sitting on my chest Just looking at me and sticking out her tounge  :eek:  Talk about a rude awakening... the thing just looks at me and tilts its head to the side needless to say my hubby and kids got a long laugh to start the day out!!!

How it got out I have no idea and my hubby had to go finish a job because we are supposed to get a shitload of snow tonight so right now my bathroom door is barricaded shut!

Diane

Offline jnloar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »
I hope this stays on thread Brad because I think it is a great idea.  My week has not been one I will be putting down to remember.  My heart hurts right now. I know that it is part of the risk that comes with trying relationships but disappointment and rejection hurt regardless of how many times it happens or how old I get and this one is no different.  Well, actually maybe a little different, it just had been going so well and the curve ball he threw me was so unexpected that it has knocked me over for a minute.  I will survive, I always do but it is unreal to me how quicky that old Straight crap comes up.  I instantly heard those confrontations of what a fat, unlovable bitch I was and bammm...instantly, it is my fault even though it is not.  So just trying to do my best and be the best I can be even if I am hurting because I know it is so minor in comparasion to so many.  Thanks for letting me say that, I always feel guilty for being sad when we have a war going on, so many people dying every day, here and abroad.   Does anyone else ever feel selfish feeling sad for themselves knowing the suffering others have that is so much worse?  I do and then it builds up and puts me in a mini tail spin for a while.  Ignore me, I am just having a sad weekend.
JNL

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 05:07:00 AM »
I know how ya feel..but, you will find someone better, and youll realize that your breakup was for the better. Too many people stay together for the wrong reasons.

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-01-26 02:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-01-27 22:12 ]

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »
Hey Therion, I don't know why you would really want to bring this on yourself.....but I will tell you how I am doing

I am bitchy!

cranky moody grumpy, Not that much of a departure from my normal routine but eh  :wink:

I have Math today. My only class needed to graduate. I kept putting it off because I am really dumb in math. I hate it. 50 minutes and I want to poke my eyes out with the pencil.

I don't need to know how to find the roots of radicals. I am a radical!

Other then that, things are going ok. Working out, my son is happy, haven't had a cig. All is decent. The "rents" are still alive and kickin God forgive me.

Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked,  and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that  the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque  self-deception."  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0517150735/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Mark Twain, The Mysterious Stranger, 1916, Ch.9

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »
Week is starting off slowly. Mondays used to be my best day.   Now...?   At times things seem to go great; excitement for today and the future.  Sometimes, it slows down to the point of being painful.  

Overall, I am doing well.  Out of Straight now for almost 24 years.   Usually, it seems like a bad dream it was so long ago.   Other times it seems like it was yesterday.

No name yet to be posted

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »
lala~ nevah mind

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 09:03:00 AM »
Hey,keep your chin up.  I find that for myself, things kind of ebb and flow.  When I feel really bad, I try and concentrate on the minute.  It helps because it stops me from looking at what I would call "big picture" things.  I can get into the moment and put my entire attention on the task at hand at that moment.  

If all else fails, then self medication usually takes care of it.

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »
Therion,

I read your post and just wanted to say that the past is the past.  If you need to unburden, call a friend and get it out.  On the odd chance you would like to chat, you can email me at [email protected]
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »
Ha! Go away!!!!

no one needs your
HELP

fuck off!

History gives us a kind of chart, and we dare not surrender even a small rushlight in the darkness. The hasty reformer who does not remember the past will find himself condemned to repeat it.
--John Buchan

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline jnloar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »
Sweet Brad,
I am sorry you are having such an icky day.  Maybe you do need to sleep, rest.  You know, as we have talked about, my struggles with mania and many times the best I can do is get rest.  Thinking too much wears me out and leads me down roads I have no business on.  Karma, my dear, you have had yours, and your road is full of days that will be filled things you cannot see right now.  Just believe me on that right now.  This is a friend who will believe in you when you do not believe in yourself.  Please try to rest.  Hang in there sweet friend.
jen

[ This Message was edited by: jnloar on 2004-01-27 10:51 ]

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »
a disappointing week myself... *siiigh*

If there's a worse idea going than locking people up for drug use, it's probably locking them up in close proximity to some tyranical altruist who wants to 'help' them with a problem that probably doesn't exist
-- Ginger Warbis
having had about all the help I can stand!

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 02:02:00 PM »
On 2004-01-27 06:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hey,keep your chin up.  I find that for myself, things kind of ebb and flow.  When I feel really bad, I try and concentrate on the minute.  It helps because it stops me from looking at what I would call "big picture" things.  I can get into the moment and put my entire attention on the task at hand at that moment.  

If all else fails, then self medication usually takes care of it.   "

Dont think self medicating is good for me.
Mabey I just worry too much...

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-01-27 11:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-01-27 22:13 ]