Author Topic: EverQuest  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Hagrid

• View Profile
EverQuest
« on: October 18, 2002, 08:30:00 PM »
Wow, did you all see 48 hours tonight?
Any of you all play that game?
Is it really addicting?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
EverQuest
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 10:47:00 AM »
No I didn't see what they said on 48 hours. I did hear something about someone getting lack of food playing a video game for that long a period of time without eating and died, not sure if he played EverQuest though.
I find myself playing this game all the time when I'm not at work, so I don't post much on here. I am a fan of RPG's.
I don't get lack of sleep, and I do eat, so I know when to quit this game.
I've been playing EQ for a little over a month, and it is extreamly addicting if you don't know when to quit.. lol
for those of you who play it:
I'm on Kane Bayle server, character name:
Eluwenie- Heroes Realm of Norrath (guild)
I'm thinking of switching guilds though, the leader of this one isn't doing what he should as a guild leader.
usan Minns

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
EverQuest
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 09:34:00 PM »
For more info on the discussion on 48 hours go to http://www.everquest.com

Offline Therion

• View Profile
EverQuest
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 01:24:00 AM »
Yes I play EQ...I have played it for a year now.
Its just a game...although in order to do anything within the game you need alot of time..
 Its very time consuming...I play about 4 hours per day now...But am trying to keep up with flaggings etc at the moment..

People are stupid...if you cant take a long enough break from a game that you die...then you deserved it...Gimme a fucking break hehe...

My guild http://www.crusadersvalorous.org/viewnews.php

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-01-22 22:25 ]
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline taureana

• View Profile
EverQuest
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 10:18:00 AM »
In Fall of 1990, my first semester in college, Patrick and I used to play this game called Darker Realms.

It was a medeival role-playing game that was online, but before we had windows and the worldwide web.  

We had to play at the university, because that was the only place that had the internet, or modems or whatever and the game had no graphics at all.  It was just text.  But it was very cool.  And the moderators (whoever they were) didn't want too many people playing, so the i.p. address would change periodically.  Sometimes the game would shut down and you had to sell off all of your weapons before it shut down or else you wouldn't have anything left.  But you could keep your gold.

You would battle ogres and the like.  And we would play all night long.  And we wouldn't even realize it.  We'd just get a notice across the screen that it was going to shut down, so we'd rush back to the mercantile and sell off everything.  We would go to the snack machine to grab a coke and it'd be like 5am.  It was very addictive.  Of course, at that time it amazed us that we could be having conversation with people we didn't know all the way on the other side of the globe. ::hatter::