Author Topic: Drug Testing of America's Youth is here to stay?  (Read 1158 times)

Offline infanalyst

• View Profile
Drug Testing of America's Youth is here to stay?
« on: June 04, 2002, 04:31:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

I saw this article http://www.mapinc.org/norml/v02/n1030/a02.htm and just got shivers thinking to myself the violation of privacy and civil rights which will never cease!

Most interesting was the reference in the end of the article to the DFAF (Drug Free America Foundation) and its receival of contributions DIRECTLY from the Bush administration. Also appalling is the mention of the current director of the foundation, Katherine Ford, and her reference to being "a nut when it comes to drug testing", having her 17 year-old daughter regularly tested. This Supreme Court decision truly disturbs me. To think the children today are going to be accustomed to the denial of the right to privacy, only further impresses the possibility soon nobody will have anything private. As I am sure many of us are aware, drug testing does not prevent people from doing drugs, it merely helps to feed the machine and the companies which provide this testing with MILLIONS of dollars, all in the name of the "War on Drugs".

Meanwhile, many of us active and productive adults, are able to maintain usage and "pass" our test in order to get the job we need to give us work. I have finally reached my limits with the whole testing issue and have decided to refuse to ever work for any company which demands you to urinate in a cup, before you can work here.
I will also continue to promote the ACLUs 29 page special report which they prepared back in 1999, entitled "Drug Testing: A Bad Investment", where they clearly outline the history of drug testing, the negative aspects of drug testing, and how it has affected America today. I highly recommend this article for anyone who has ever had a beef about drug testing. The article can be reached on this page: http://www.aclu.org/issues/worker/summd ... g1999.html Go to the bottom of the page and click the link to view the report. (Note you will need Acrobat Reader to read it.) If you like the article, and would like for your HR Director to read it as well, you may anonymously ask the ACLU to actually send one to your place of employment's HR department. I know if enough people out there would wake up and say something about this continual abuse of our government's power to dictate what the people should do, we MIGHT eventually get to live in that land of freedom I remember being told about when I was a kid.

If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.
-- Thomas Jefferson
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Brent Lewis
American "War on Drugs" P.O.W.
5/17/86-12/2/87
Straight - DC (Springfield)