Author Topic: ANYONE BUT BUSH  (Read 9234 times)

Offline SyN

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« on: January 19, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »
i dont care who the dem is that makes the cut. He is getting my vote.  i hope so many people dont get suckered into the green party trap again.  maybe the greens will be note worthy later on but for now its whomever isnt bush that can win for me.
SyN
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »
My sentiments exactly

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »
In retrospect, Ralph Nader's theory in 2000 was that if the Republican's won,  they would be so high-handed,  arbitrary, and corrupt that there would be an overwhelming backlash of disgust.

Unfortunately, his predictions about the Republicans have been pretty much on the money.

But you're quite right,  to paraphrase that ol' favorite from typing class exercises,  now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of their party -- any party except the Republicans!

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 09:22:00 PM »
Well, if you ask me....Bush thought this whole "WE GOT HIM" malarky was gonna be a shoe-in for the election....he captured the evil-doer..yada yada......notice how no one is even talking about Saddam anymore?  MJ's escapades get more front page CNN time than Saddam.  I think he expected the country to crown him the Hero of the Decade for his alleged "find"...which it seems to me was most likely staged......

I mean....they found Saddam in a little hole, in the dark, in the middle of nowhere......they found this guy, but they cant seem to find one single solitary weapon of mass distruction in the entire country?  My bet is that here before the elections, Bush is going to very conveniently find some of those too.....whether they exist in reality, we will never know.

I think Bush has a 50/50 chance....but I also think that if he is re-elected its gonna get so bad and so ugly, that the US will be primed and ready for the shift in voter perspective that is on the not too distant horizon.  The good ole boys are phasing out, and a more logical and open minded generation is about to become the driving force behind this country.......when that happens, I believe that violence and oppression of the people outright will be the only possible way to get someone like Bush  into office ever again......

I wont vote Democrat, I think those guys are just as bad....maybe not as bad yet, but they are all cut from the same cloth.  Not to mention it makes me ill to watch the news about the campaigning they are doing, and all I see are really old, really white, really sorry ass looking people wearing walking slacks and SAS shoes shaking hands with the candidates.  It only reinforces my opinion....these losers are preaching to an ever diminishing crowd.

I say vote Green, they wont win, but at the very least you wont be contributing to the other assholes.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »
I wont vote Democrat, I think those guys are just as bad....maybe not as bad yet, but they are all cut from the same cloth. Not to mention it makes me ill to watch the news about the campaigning they are doing, and all I see are really old, really white, really sorry ass looking people wearing walking slacks and SAS shoes shaking hands with the candidates. It only reinforces my opinion....these losers are preaching to an ever diminishing crowd.

I say vote Green, they wont win, but at the very least you wont be contributing to the other assholes.

I SO agree with this that it isn't even funny! I am, so far, a non-voter - and that's part of the reason!
Vote green, eh? I like the concept..even if they don't win THIS time...hmmm.. :tup:

Offline SyN

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »
so can any one tell me who the people on the electorial college are? or is it some secret society like robert anton wilson writes about?

SyN

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 09:21:00 AM »
This is a system of governing and electing built on 2 parties.

As much as I loved (past tense) Nadar and as Green as I truly am. You might as well flush you vote down the toilet if you vote green.

I will vote for any democrat that runs.

But lets face it Bush is going to win. Because people are apathetic, stupid, react strongly to his jackass cowboy routine and the ones who don't don't vote.

It is sad, it is sick, and I am still all bent out of shape from watching his state of the union address last night.

Which I probably am the only 28 yr old in upstate NY who watched it.

:skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:

A multitude of laws in a country is like a great number of physicians, a sign of weakness and malady.

--Voltaire, philosopher (1694-1778)

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline SyN

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »
i agree that it would be throwing your vote away, and if you dont vote then you got nothing to complain about.  and by god if it comes down to florida again and votes get stolen again then hopefully more people will be alarmed.
SyN

Offline MommaLuv

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »
you see, this is the problem, people bitch about the way the way country is run, but they either don't vote, or they throw their vote away on someone who is NOT going to win. i know, this is a democracy and you can vote for who ever you want, but obviously there are some flaws w/ the current system we are using and the majority of the populace are idiots stating that "god put bush in office" like that idiot in the south quoted last week!! if tou want a better country (and less to bitch about) then occasionally, youre gonna have to compromise a little, i mean c'mon, do we really want ol' killer in office another 4years???

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »
The south...

uh huh God put Bush in office. And God should take him out now he is ready to go back to Texas!

No synonym for God is so perfect as Beauty. Whether as seen carving the lines of the mountains with glaciers, or gathering matter into stars, or planning the movements of water, or gardening - still all is Beauty!
-- John Muir

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »
Votes don't count in a "selection". Here's a funny.

Here's a dilemma for you ... This test only has one question, but it's a very important one.
Please don't answer it without giving it some serious thought. By giving an honest answer, you will be able to test where you stand morally. The
test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation, where you will have to make a decision one way or the other.  Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and consider each line -this is important for the test to work accurately.

You're in Florida ... In Miami, to be exact. There is great chaos going on around you, caused by a hurricane and severe floods. There are floods
all around you. You are a CNN photographer and you are in the middle of this great disaster The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to
shoot very impressive photos. There are houses and people flying around you, disappearing into the water. Nature is showing all its destructive
power and is ripping everything away with it.

Suddenly you see a man in the water, he is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken away by the masses of water and mud. You move closer.  Somehow, the man looks familiar.

Suddenly you know who it is - it's George W. Bush!

At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him away, forever. You have two options. You can save him or you can take
the best photo of your life. So you can save the life of George W. Bush, or you can shoot a Pulitzer prize winning photo, a unique photo
displaying the death of one of the world's most powerful men.

And here's the question (please give an honest answer):

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Would you select color film, or rather, go with the simplicity of classic black and white?
>
>
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 12:37:00 AM »
Maybe when Hilary runs in '08 the white house can turn back into one big orgy again?  Or close some more military bases and you passive dumb-asses can protect our rights and freedom?  Or better yet, just drive off the bridge and kill your mistress, yet to be voted back into office?  Oh, how I yearn to be a democrat...

Offline SyN

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »
just like a repub, anon and stupid.  The 8 years clinton built up this economy were ruined in one year of bush. bush has us in the hole at 500 B as in Boy, BILLION.  of course all you fukoz have to bitch about is clinton gettin a slob job. big shit who cares????  Clinton did most everything he said he would in office unlike bush who just wants to get rich during his stay.  They want you peons to focus on clintons slob job so you forget the president has a job to do which bush is FAILING at.  3 of the 500 + that have died in Iraq have been friends of mine, a war so Cheneys company can run the oil.  Didja know that or were ya to busy being stupid to know who bush gave the clean up job to?? oh and cheney's corp also over charged AMERICANS millions in gas and oil and will get away with it.  Bush is going to destroy our national forests and prolly get us all nuked, but hey lets focus on Clintons blow job; not the presidency.  how i wish to be a mindless repub, so blissed out on stupidity that i cant see the police state comming, then you will have nothing peon except what you have now, being another anonymous asshole; wondering what went wrong.  But dont worry stupidity skips generations so maybe there is hope after all.
SyN

Offline SyN

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »
oh and definetly color on glossy print.
SyN

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »
I DISAGREE!
there is something really dramatic about black and white............................ :roll:  :razz:

Being a street cop, witnessing the tragedy firsthand, I've become
convinced that drug prohibition -- not drugs themselves -- are driving the HIV epidemic and the systemic crime that has swamped our criminal justice systems.
--Vancouver Police Const. Gil Puder

[ This Message was edited by: kaydeejaded on 2004-01-22 06:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kaydeejaded on 2004-01-22 06:23 ]