Author Topic: ANYONE BUT BUSH  (Read 9242 times)

Offline Pete

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/lifeline
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »
Wesley Clark or John Kerry seem to have the best chance at beating Bush.  I'm pulling for Clark.

But you're right -- anyone but Bush.  Even Lieberman, a Republican in sheep's clothing, is better than Bush.

Don't waste your vote here... vote Democratic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline SyN

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »
maybe dean will get it just so SNL can rip into him like the do Bush.
SyN
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline MommaLuv

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »
I tend to agree w/ kaydee    :grin:
black and is MUCH classier and it seems more dramatic!! i personally was rooting for cucinich, but it doesnt seem to be going the right way for him. Then again, ANYONE BUT BUSH!!!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »
An interesting little clip some here will enjoy.
http://www.blackstarsblog.com/bushin41point2.htm
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline SyN

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »
i do beleive i am leaning towards edwards. his campaign style is good, he is young and i like what he says.  Kerry i just dont know; but if he is the one against bush then i am all for kerry. ANYONE BUT BUSH.  no wmd's no excuses why tax payers have been overcharged by cheneys oil tycoons and he just opened millions of national forest to be drilled, what an asshole.  Oh yeah and he sent my friends to get killed for a bullshit war which he seems so excited about.  now when they verify no wmd's will he be taken to the UN for war crimes??????  the senseless bombing and killing of thousands just cause sadam couldnt be stoped by his daddy, we all have to suffer.  the bush family is the most evil of political familys.  their agendas stay the same throughout generations, its quite disturbing how they pull the wool over peoples eyes.
that and his vp dick cheney is the most silent vp ever. the last 4 years i have barely seen or heard from the guy, that is shady enough to boot him.

SyN

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2004, 07:42:00 AM »
Head Up- Reinstatement of the Draft

I urge you to read the article below on the current agenda of the federal government to
reinstate the draft in order to staff up for a protracted war on "terrorism."

Pending legislation in the House and Senate (twin bills S 89 and HR 163) would time the program so the draft could begin at early as Spring 2005 -- conveniently just after the 2004 presidential election! But the administration is quietly trying to get these bills passed NOW, so our action is needed immediately. Details and links follow.

If voters who currently support U.S. aggression abroad were confronted with the possibility that their own children or grandchildren might not have a say about whether to fight, many of these same voters might have a change of mind. (Not that it should make a difference, but this plan would among other things eliminate higher education as a shelter and would not exclude women -- and Canada is no longer an option.)

Please send this on to all the parents and teachers you know, and all the aunts and uncles, grandparents, godparents....And let your children know -- it's their future, and they can be a powerful voice for change! Please also write to your representatives to ask them why they aren't telling their constituents about these bills -- and write to newspapers and other media outlets to ask them why they're not covering this important story.

The DRAFT

$28 million has been added to the 2004 Selective Service System (SSS)budget to prepare for a military draft that could start as early as
June 15, 2005. SSS must report to Bush on March 31, 2005 that the system, which has lain dormant for decades, is ready for activation.  Please see website: http://www.sss.gov/perfplan_fy2004.html

The Pentagon has quietly begun a public campaign to fill all 10,350 draft board positions and 11,070 appeals board slots nationwide..
Though this is an unpopular election year topic, military experts and influential members of Congress are suggesting that if Rumsfeld's
prediction of a "long, hard slog" in Iraq and Afghanistan [and a permanent state of war on "terrorism"] proves accurate, the U.S. may have no choice but to draft.
  http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... le5146.htm

Congress brought twin bills, S. 89 and H.R. 163 forward this year, entitled the Universal National Service Act of 2003, "To provide for
the common defense by requiring that all young persons [age 18--26]in the United States, including women, perform a period of military
service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes." These active bills currently sit in the Committee on Armed Services.

Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era remember. College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the US signed a "Smart Border Declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada's Minister of Foreign Affairs, John Manley, and US Homeland Security Director, Gov. Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their cur-rent semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year.

*This article by Adam Stutz is from the "What's Hot Off the Press" column of the newsletter of Project Censored, a media research group at Sonoma State University that tracks the news published in independent journals and newsletters. From these, Project Censored
compiles an annual list (more than 20 years running) of 25 news stories of social significance that have been overlooked,
under-reported, or self-censored by the country's major national news media. The mission of Project Censored is "to educate people about the role of independent journalism in a democratic society and to tell The News That Didn't Make the News and why."

"What's Hot Off the Press" includes student synopses of articles currently being investigated for inclusion in the next Project Censored report. For more info and/or to receive Project Censored's newsletter, go to http://www.projectcensored.org      [censored]@sonoma.edu

FYI...a Google search using S -89 indicates that Senator Hollings has introduced a bill to reinstate the draft.

$!$!$!$!$!$!$!$!$!$!$!$!$
http://www.costofwar.com/
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline TigerLily68

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »
I won't post anonymously, and I'll stand behind my choice to vote for George W. in 2000.  I felt at that point like it was the lesser of two evils. (And yes, I'm one of those politically conservative southern Christian people that everyone seems to despise so much.  Sorry to break it to you.)

This time around, I doubt what I vote for Bush.  Not because I disagree with the war with Iraq, I think it was coming eventually, whether it was now with GW or later on with someone else.  I don't agree with the way that it was handled, and multiple other things that have happened, especially since 9/11.  And I think that John Kerry or John Edwards would probably do a good job of cleaning up the mess that's been made.  I'm vehemently anti-Hillary Clinton for a multitude of reasons, that are too numerous to go into here.  But I'm voting for the Democratic candidate myself most likely this time around.

I've considered voting Independent, or Green Party, but like someone mentioned before, basically all you do with a vote there is to make a statement.  If enough people that honestly believed the principles of the alternatives did vote their consciences, there might be a worthwile purpose.  But for me, for now, I'll just continue to choose the lesser of two evils, until something comes along that pushes me into another way of thinking.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »
I"m not saying Clinton was perfect, but DAMN....I think it's about time we DID have someone in the White House that enjoyed an occassional blow job or spliff.  Most of America has done the same at one time or another...I think it puts him a little more in touch (no pun intended) with reality instead of the fucking religious right wanting to have so much influence over how I should live MY LIFE. ::bangin::

Oh, and then there's that little issue called the ECONOMY.  Seems Clinton has got it all over Bush on that one. :wave:

None of Nature's landscapes are ugly so long as they are wild.
-- John Muir

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Scott D

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2004, 11:16:00 PM »
I've always liked Bush and still do and he most certainly will have my vote! And please don't bust my balls.....it's my right to vote for who I want as much as it is for you to vote for who you want.

Offline SyN

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2004, 09:44:00 AM »
i woulda busted em if you posted anon.  
anon's have no intestinal fortitude.

vote vote vote. dont care for who just dont bitch if ya dont vote.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »
Back to the topic, there is only one good kind of Bush, and it isnt' the president.

Get rid of em.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ANYONE BUT BUSH
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »
Check out the G.W. Bush Coloring Book that just came out. You can find it at http://www.gcpress.com.