Author Topic: Cascade Closing-DECREASED ENROLLMENT  (Read 35340 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade Closing-DECREASED ENROLLMENT
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2005, 03:02:00 AM »
walter?  walter craigy?
if its you...im me at thebloodpotato or whatever...it's me scott laver

anyways...anyone else who reads this contact me on aim...thebloodpotato
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline bloodpotato

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2005, 03:11:00 AM »
and now I have a screen thingy
mmm blow me

Offline bloodpotato

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2005, 03:57:00 AM »
cascade did nothing for me...I came home...now I love drugs, and my old friends left me because I was gone so long and other things.  I say it brought everyone to a standard and the standard wasn't my parents...because they're kicking me out when I'm seventeen
mmm blow me

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »
Hello,
I never went to Cascade, but I had several friends that did.  A group of you guys started going to Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado in 94-95.  That's where I met you, this is Chachi for those that remember.  Someone in this forum asked "Where is Sean McLarry?"(fall '04)... well, I was the last person to talk to him.  If you would like to talk to me about it, you can reach me at http://www.guygrand.com under the roots icon.  Otherwise, is Kevin out there from the Fort?

Offline wiseup

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »
http://www.cascadeschool.net/

check it out all you crazy devoted sheep

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
huh the floorplans sure dont ring a bell.

i wonder how much they're expecting to sell the school for. i wonder if anyone will really buy it.

waltdiggity

Offline elitehipster

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
I read through all 15 pages of these posts. I left in 2000, but my graduation ceremony was in 2001. My name is Dee, anyone remember me? I don't think I made that much of an impact, I wasn't any counselor's favorite and I was only 14 when I came to the school. It really bothers me to hear all of the nasty things that you all have to say about the school. I admit, I hated cascade when I was there, I didn't have many friends and I didn't feel like I belonged. BUT I think the program was good and helped a lot of people (the ones who wanted to be helped).  I am currently in college with James and Robby. I am also in the SC army national guard (use to be active ARMY. When I first came home to sc, my parents put me in a private school (just like cascade told them to). I didn't make any friends, because I was more mature and "different" than everyone else.  I was miserable. I went to the library for lunch everyday, in order to stay away from people who would give me a hard time.  Never had a bf or went to the prom or anything. 3 days before I turned 17 I dropped out of school and ran away to charleston, sc.  I called cascade a bit and talked to a counselor named frank.  I got into drugs (name it I did it). Then something came over me and I decided to join the army. I straightened out my life and now I am doing well.  Even though I think cascade didn't set me up for life outside of its protective walls, I think it did help me a  lot. Even if it wasn't the best theraputic program in the world, or the counselors weren't all "the best", I still think that you all had good memories there. Think about the olypics, COTA, those funny store commercials. Think about after being bashed in forums, you came out into the arms of your big brother and sister.  Think about being able to smush with a friend when you felt like the world was crashing down. Think about those games of chess or spades that you couldn't wait to play after cleaning all saturday morning. Think about how weird those workshops were, and even though you may have felt they were bs, when you came out to have the whole house great you with your success...and how good it felt! Think about how you had a shitty day at school and when you came to your cubby, you saw a cubby sign that a friend took tons of time to make you! I really miss cascade, my heart dropped when I saw that virtual tour and all the memories came back.  Anyone who bashes cascade for being a terrible place needs to be slapped. Cascade gave you good/bad memories and contributed to what you are today. Quit whining about how terrible you think it was, and LIVE!
OK, im done rambling...anyone who wants to talk to me, email me at [email protected]
PS. Carl, I remember you and we didn't chat much, but you were always nice to me. ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO STEVE HARGIS-BULLIN? I really liked him and he all of a sudden dissappeared without saying good bye or anything! I heard in another chat board that he was a part of some underground thing that went wrong. :/  I'm skeptical, anyone who knows what happened, contact me please!
-Dee

Offline elitehipster

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »
Here is the link for the myspace group.  I like it a lot better than the yahoo group, just because more people who went during my time are on it and we post funny memories and have actual discussions, instead of bitterly bash cascade.
Enjoy,
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?So ... 40&forum=9

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2005, 09:31:00 AM »
Hi Dee it's Carl. Great to know you are out there! I added you to both my AIM and Yahoo Messenger buddy lsits so hopefully we can chat.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »
http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus ... 0812184911

i think thats the link you meant

walter

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2005, 06:46:00 PM »
For those of you seekin gother grads, you can find them in three main places:

the alumni site I help moderate that is owned by Alex N at groups.yahoo.com/group/cascadesurvivors

frienster - two ways to find people, either put in as first name of new friend "cascade" and last name "school" to see people, or join the small but growing group for The Cascade School there

myspace - there is a group on myspace for cascade grads called Cascade School run by a grad who has the screen name on my space Bittermint Patty

You can also see people on classmates.com and reunion.com

--  Leslie P '89

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
Steve H-B in alive and well in California - I started a post on the my space group and put a link to some news articles about him on it, it's called the where's waldo staff tracking thread.

Offline jrsusmc

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »
I was at cascade school from 1993-1994.   I lived in Left wing hughs at first then was moved over to pendragon.  i went throught thr truth, youth, friends, brothers and trek.  I have not kept in touch with anyone but would like to get in touch.  My counselors were Bill Mcnight, then Mike McMahon.  I was good friends with Ryan P. and Dave W., Jason K., Shawn R., Leslie L.  If those names ring a bell or you think you rember me, get back to me. Thanks,

-J.S.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »
I fucken hated cascade but craig was a good guy he had moments of being a dick it happens i'm over it but he was a good guy no need to talk shit bout him.

mario demetriou
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »
What about Jason Sebastian